Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It would make sense for there to be a second Avengers title(or third) with a group of younger heroes being led by Cap. He gets to instill the Avengers legacy and values into the next generation.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It would make sense for there to be a second Avengers title(or third) with a group of younger heroes being led by Cap. He gets to instill the Avengers legacy and values into the next generation.
    I think Avengers as a concept has come a long way since the days of Cap's Kooky Quartet. Unless it's not an actual Avengers team, I don't see this being a training ground type of team. Unless that's exactly what it is -- and then not really an Avengers team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Hi. A little help here my friends. Was Iron Man featured a lot in Busiek’s Avengers run? I can’t remember how much he was featured in it. I can’t find my run.
    Yes, despite all the ongoings over at his book, which led him to occasionally be absent from the team, Tony was the only founding Avenger and Big 3 to be an active member during all of Busiek's run. He sported a few different armors, was often the deputy leader of the team, and some times was around soley as Tony Stark, but I think he managed to get more panel time then any other Avenger during that run.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yes, despite all the ongoings over at his book, which led him to occasionally be absent from the team, Tony was the only founding Avenger and Big 3 to be an active member during all of Busiek's run. He sported a few different armors, was often the deputy leader of the team, and some times was around soley as Tony Stark, but I think he managed to get more panel time then any other Avenger during that run.

Peace
    Thank you so much for your help. It’s greatly appreciated.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I think Avengers as a concept has come a long way since the days of Cap's Kooky Quartet. Unless it's not an actual Avengers team, I don't see this being a training ground type of team. Unless that's exactly what it is -- and then not really an Avengers team.
    I think that kind of team would be perfect. Remember, the y had Avengers Initiative and Avengers Academy so this kind of book would work fine. They had a Secret Avengers team led by Cap and that was outside of the usual Avengers usual M.O. and that was widely accepted. Cap would work great as an inspiration and mentor for the next generation of heroes.

I think that kind of team would be perfect. Remember, the y had Avengers Initiative and Avengers Academy so this kind of book would work fine. They had a Secret Avengers team led by Cap and that was outside of the usual Avengers usual M.O. and that was widely accepted. Cap would work great as an inspiration and mentor for the next generation of heroes.
    I think the most optimal line-up would be something similar to the Busiek run, where you had a bunch of established Avengers and then Justice and Firestar. I don't mind the "training young heroes" idea being an element of the team, but there are so many established Avengers characters, even if they're B or C-listers, who I'd much rather see fill the ranks of a new team than a bunch of young heroes with little-to-no Avengers history.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I think the most optimal line-up would be something similar to the Busiek run, where you had a bunch of established Avengers and then Justice and Firestar. I don't mind the "training young heroes" idea being an element of the team, but there are so many established Avengers characters, even if they're B or C-listers, who I'd much rather see fill the ranks of a new team than a bunch of young heroes with little-to-no Avengers history.
    Same here. Too many newbies aren't interesting, but if you have mostly established characters and add one or two new recruits (over time), it's more interesting. That said, Busiek never really made Firestar and Justice compelling Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    That's why they need more than two main Avengers titles. They're launching at least 6 X-team titles in the coming months. I think we can have at least three Avengers team titles.

That's why they need more than two main Avengers titles. They're launching at least 6 X-team titles in the coming months. I think we can have at least three Avengers team titles.
    Never better said!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Never better said!
    No, two titles are fine. Quality over quantity. Using the X-MEN as a reason to do anything in 2024 is... not a good idea.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

For real! Like there was a time when there were like four different Avenger titles going on. I'd be for that again because there are so many unused characters in Marvel right now and most of them aren't strong enough to hold a solo title. And that's what the Avengers used to be about. Now only characters with solo titles are worthy of being on the Avengers. That or they have a movie coming up. Vision being the one and only oddball of the current team.

It feels like Marvel would rather just make 5 part mini series with characters before dumping them but doesn't want to make other Avenger teams. This is why C and D list characters don't get popular, they get no exposure. WHERE. IS. JOLT?!

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    For real! Like there was a time when there were like four different Avenger titles going on. I'd be for that again because there are so many unused characters in Marvel right now and most of them aren't strong enough to hold a solo title. And that's what the Avengers used to be about. Now only characters with solo titles are worthy of being on the Avengers. That or they have a movie coming up. Vision being the one and only oddball of the current team.

It feels like Marvel would rather just make 5 part mini series with characters before dumping them but doesn't want to make other Avenger teams. This is why C and D list characters don't get popular, they get no exposure. WHERE. IS. JOLT?!
    Yeah, having any Avengers team with Cap on it gives it instant recognition so pairing him with a few of the little used Avengers(kinda like the Blood Hunt mini) at least gives them a boost. And please give the book a decent writer and artist.