Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Hi. A little help here my friends. Was Iron Man featured a lot in Busiek’s Avengers run? I can’t remember how much he was featured in it. I can’t find my run.
    Haven’t read the run in a long while (I need to rectify that), but my primary memory of Iron Man was him recognizing some red flags with Carol, helping her acknowledge that she had a problem, and then really stepping up to help her through recovery.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Can't recall myself, but yes, I'd venture to say so. When the team was first formed during Busiek's run, he was there. He was also there during the roster change with Triathlon and She-Hulk. I think he was probably there up until the end of the run.

As for today's Blood Hunt tie-in, it's growing on me. Though everyone was featured, Cap had the most character moments. I said before that random Avenger groupings can be hit or miss with me, but this is heading in the right direction, mainly because there were nods to Avengers history. Cap stating that all of the members around him were either Avengers, West Coast Avengers, Young Avengers, or Avengers Academy was cool. All of these characters have been Avengers in a way. When he said that, I recalled many moments with these characters, even those who are more recent Marvel creations like Hazmat and Kate Bishop. These heroes have already been through challenges as Avengers and though seemingly disparate seemingly work well together.

That's cool.
    What really caught my eye was Cap genuinely being impressed by how well this particular set of characters was already working so well as a team when they hadn’t even really known each other as a group before. That made me wonder if there might be some future plan for this group (mini? Ongoing? Occasionss asl appearances in main book?) I’m all for it if that’s the case.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Always trust Steve to go "Fuck Nazis"

I don't think he's met them, but two "good vampires" have stories this week - Bloodline (Blade's daughter) in Dracula's tie-in, and spoilers:
    a new student called Pia
    end of spoilers in Strange Academy's.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Haven’t read the run in a long while (I need to rectify that), but my primary memory of Iron Man was him recognizing some red flags with Carol, helping her acknowledge that she had a problem, and then really stepping up to help her through recovery.
    Some neat things here and there like tony getting effected by morgans spell and not snapping out of it as he loves the knight era so much and does not snap out of it and a fast scene of him upset over killing yellowjacket but later commenting "some of the avengers are dead" while looking right at the picture of the avenger he killed. That was awkward but as the back up story kind of put it "it wasn't really the current tony but the original who killed them".

This tony is teen tony from an alt universe aged up by franklin with classic tonys memories and the original died a traitor. Something kind of ignored today by marvel! So, it wasn't really his fault. That is some great storytelling even if it was a really short one in fact that whole back up story with jarvis answering avengers questions and ending with "is falcon a mutant" gag was the perfect way to end that issue.

Incredible Member

I'm assuming the sort-of unannounced second Avengers book will have most, if not all, of Cap's ad hoc team. The solicit released for #16 says: " PLUS: What’s next for the Avengers Emergency Response team?".

Maybe a kind of 2024 version of the Rogers' led Secret Avengers from from the Heroic Age period, with this group as the core? Various events pop up, Cap's team gets activated, he brings in other members to assist, depending on the situation?

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    I'm assuming the sort-of unannounced second Avengers book will have most, if not all, of Cap's ad hoc team. The solicit released for #16 says: " PLUS: What’s next for the Avengers Emergency Response team?".

Maybe a kind of 2024 version of the Rogers' led Secret Avengers from from the Heroic Age period, with this group as the core? Various events pop up, Cap's team gets activated, he brings in other members to assist, depending on the situation?
    It would make sense to have them continue to appear somewhere.
    One thing that caught my attention is that Villa took the time to redesign Hercules and possibly Kate (not sure because many of her costumes are similar). That's a level of effort that they usually don't make for short appearances like this tie-in.

It would make sense for there to be a second Avengers title(or third) with a group of younger heroes being led by Cap. He gets to instill the Avengers legacy and values into the next generation.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V;6808702

You're welcome. But yeah, [B
    George Pérez[/B] totally rules!
    As much as I liked New Teen Titans and George's run on Wonder Woman when he was still penciling and writing, it's his run on Avengers that I cherish the most. He also had a great run on JLA, but it's kinda short in comparison to his other projects. Oh, and that purple Wasp outfit -- loved it -- along with the new Wonder Man costume that debuted in the same issue. Shame both were very short-term.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It would make sense for there to be a second Avengers title(or third) with a group of younger heroes being led by Cap. He gets to instill the Avengers legacy and values into the next generation.
    I think Avengers as a concept has come a long way since the days of Cap's Kooky Quartet. Unless it's not an actual Avengers team, I don't see this being a training ground type of team. Unless that's exactly what it is -- and then not really an Avengers team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Hi. A little help here my friends. Was Iron Man featured a lot in Busiek’s Avengers run? I can’t remember how much he was featured in it. I can’t find my run.
    Yes, despite all the ongoings over at his book, which led him to occasionally be absent from the team, Tony was the only founding Avenger and Big 3 to be an active member during all of Busiek's run. He sported a few different armors, was often the deputy leader of the team, and some times was around soley as Tony Stark, but I think he managed to get more panel time then any other Avenger during that run.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I think Avengers as a concept has come a long way since the days of Cap's Kooky Quartet. Unless it's not an actual Avengers team, I don't see this being a training ground type of team. Unless that's exactly what it is -- and then not really an Avengers team.
    I think that kind of team would be perfect. Remember, the y had Avengers Initiative and Avengers Academy so this kind of book would work fine. They had a Secret Avengers team led by Cap and that was outside of the usual Avengers usual M.O. and that was widely accepted. Cap would work great as an inspiration and mentor for the next generation of heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think that kind of team would be perfect. Remember, the y had Avengers Initiative and Avengers Academy so this kind of book would work fine. They had a Secret Avengers team led by Cap and that was outside of the usual Avengers usual M.O. and that was widely accepted. Cap would work great as an inspiration and mentor for the next generation of heroes.
    I think the most optimal line-up would be something similar to the Busiek run, where you had a bunch of established Avengers and then Justice and Firestar. I don't mind the "training young heroes" idea being an element of the team, but there are so many established Avengers characters, even if they're B or C-listers, who I'd much rather see fill the ranks of a new team than a bunch of young heroes with little-to-no Avengers history.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yes, despite all the ongoings over at his book, which led him to occasionally be absent from the team, Tony was the only founding Avenger and Big 3 to be an active member during all of Busiek's run. He sported a few different armors, was often the deputy leader of the team, and some times was around soley as Tony Stark, but I think he managed to get more panel time then any other Avenger during that run.

Peace
    Thank you so much for your help. It’s greatly appreciated.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I think the most optimal line-up would be something similar to the Busiek run, where you had a bunch of established Avengers and then Justice and Firestar. I don't mind the "training young heroes" idea being an element of the team, but there are so many established Avengers characters, even if they're B or C-listers, who I'd much rather see fill the ranks of a new team than a bunch of young heroes with little-to-no Avengers history.
    Same here. Too many newbies aren't interesting, but if you have mostly established characters and add one or two new recruits (over time), it's more interesting. That said, Busiek never really made Firestar and Justice compelling Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    That's why they need more than two main Avengers titles. They're launching at least 6 X-team titles in the coming months. I think we can have at least three Avengers team titles.