Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That's why they need more than two main Avengers titles. They're launching at least 6 X-team titles in the coming months. I think we can have at least three Avengers team titles.
    Never better said!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That's why they need more than two main Avengers titles. They're launching at least 6 X-team titles in the coming months. I think we can have at least three Avengers team titles.
    For real! Like there was a time when there were like four different Avenger titles going on. I'd be for that again because there are so many unused characters in Marvel right now and most of them aren't strong enough to hold a solo title. And that's what the Avengers used to be about. Now only characters with solo titles are worthy of being on the Avengers. That or they have a movie coming up. Vision being the one and only oddball of the current team.

It feels like Marvel would rather just make 5 part mini series with characters before dumping them but doesn't want to make other Avenger teams. This is why C and D list characters don't get popular, they get no exposure. WHERE. IS. JOLT?!

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    For real! Like there was a time when there were like four different Avenger titles going on. I'd be for that again because there are so many unused characters in Marvel right now and most of them aren't strong enough to hold a solo title. And that's what the Avengers used to be about. Now only characters with solo titles are worthy of being on the Avengers. That or they have a movie coming up. Vision being the one and only oddball of the current team.

It feels like Marvel would rather just make 5 part mini series with characters before dumping them but doesn't want to make other Avenger teams. This is why C and D list characters don't get popular, they get no exposure. WHERE. IS. JOLT?!
    Yeah, having any Avengers team with Cap on it gives it instant recognition so pairing him with a few of the little used Avengers(kinda like the Blood Hunt mini) at least gives them a boost. And please give the book a decent writer and artist.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    As much as I liked New Teen Titans and George's run on Wonder Woman when he was still penciling and writing, it's his run on Avengers that I cherish the most. He also had a great run on JLA, but it's kinda short in comparison to his other projects. Oh, and that purple Wasp outfit -- loved it -- along with the new Wonder Man costume that debuted in the same issue. Shame both were very short-term.
    I thought I was the only one that loved both of the Perez costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It would make sense to have them continue to appear somewhere.
    One thing that caught my attention is that Villa took the time to redesign Hercules and possibly Kate (not sure because many of her costumes are similar). That's a level of effort that they usually don't make for short appearances like this tie-in.
    I'm pretty sure Kate's is the same design she'd been sporting since her last mini in an attempt to synergize with the show.

I miss the hip holes.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Haven’t read the run in a long while (I need to rectify that), but my primary memory of Iron Man was him recognizing some red flags with Carol, helping her acknowledge that she had a problem, and then really stepping up to help her through recovery.
    Same here. Most memorable moments with Iron Man for me would be when Tony reiterates his dislike of all-things mystical,
    while having the presence of mind to build safeguards into his armor (later revealed in T-Bolts #12):

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-10-2024 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm pretty sure Kate's is the same design she'd been sporting since her last mini in an attempt to synergize with the show.

I miss the hip holes.
    I don't think the design is show synergy, though the release timing of that mini was. If her design was meant be synergy with the show, shouldn't she have grown out her bangs? MCU Kate doesn't have them.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Having read Avengers issue 14 this issue made me realize how much I miss Steve Rogers on the team. Just having him there elevates the Avengers and makes them feel invincible even when they aren't. No other Avenger has this power but Steve. He is just written different.

Was a breath of fresh air so read about other Avengers rather than just the MCU lot.

From last week's FCBD Marvel Voices

That's up to date as of Uncanny Avengers last year! Of course a few of them had different codenames when they first became Avengers (Captain America was Falcon, Photon was Captain Marvel, 3-D Man was Triathlon, and Brawn was just plain Amadeus Cho, he didn't even have his powers yet!)
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-11-2024 at 08:50 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So many of those characters not appearing anywhere.

Yeah, of the 37, how many have appeared in the last six months?

Blue Marvel and Storm were both in Resurrection of Magneto.
    Lightning hasn't appeared recently but was just announced to be in an unannounced Avengers book. Look out for the solicits!
    Penance was in the Fall of X Uncanny Avengers.
    War Machine is in Invincible Iron Man.
    Photon had an appearance in one of the Voices books.
    Doctor Voodoo is in Strange Academy.
    3-D Man just showed up in a couple of Avengers issues.
    Psylocke is another Uncanny Avenger from Fall of X.
    Spider-Man has his own book.
    Shang-Chi was in Gang War.
    Firebird had a backup in Avengers a few months ago.
    Blade is in Blood Hunt.
    Luke Cage was in Gang War.
    Ms. Marvel has her own book and is scheduled to be in NYX once her own mini finishes.
    Rage turned up in Night Thrasher.
    Black Panther's on the current main Avengers team and has his own book.
    Manifold has been used in the X books.

That's 18, only half of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    From last week's FCBD Marvel Voices

That's up to date as of Uncanny Avengers last year! Of course a few of them had different codenames when they first became Avengers (Captain America was Falcon, Photon was Captain Marvel, 3-D Man was Triathlon, and Brawn was just plain Amadeus Cho, he didn't even have his powers yet!)
    Kind of sad to see how few of them actually appear consistently. And at least 5 are actually X-men characters who served for a bit. Only Sunspot really had a strong role as member (leading a spin-off team).

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Never better said!
    No, two titles are fine. Quality over quantity. Using the X-MEN as a reason to do anything in 2024 is... not a good idea.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    No, two titles are fine. Quality over quantity. Using the X-MEN as a reason to do anything in 2024 is... not a good idea.
    Who says it can’t be substance with more than 2 Avenger books?!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark