Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

I think he'd make a lot of sense in Exceptional. He's a former student of Emma who has finally stepped up as a leader. He'd have A LOT to teach the new generation and that book desperately needs some cool existing characters. Plus he comes to mind instantly when I think "Exceptional".

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Perhaps, but after building his profile like they have been, what's the strategy behind waiting to announce Synch in a line up. I feel that's an after thought type of move. Furthermore it can telegraphs the intention with handling Ev. He deserves so much more than this. I clocked out on X-Men when I saw writers ineptitude on portraying Everett in a way where you don't even feel weight of a man that spent close to a century planning and battling a city full of super enhanced humans and their A.I. This is exclamation point to the statement of how black male mutants are treated by certain writers in X-office. Nothing much is changed.
    bc it could spoil a plot point in her book. Thats a good enough reason for why anyone would be held back from the initial reveal. Gail specifically asked for people not to ask her who else is in this book bc that would get into spoiler territory

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I think he'd make a lot of sense in Exceptional. He's a former student of Emma who has finally stepped up as a leader. He'd have A LOT to teach the new generation and that book desperately needs some cool existing characters. Plus he comes to mind instantly when I think "Exceptional".
    Yeah, I can see Ev becoming a mentor/teacher to a new group of mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    bc it could spoil a plot point in her book. Thats a good enough reason for why anyone would be held back from the initial reveal. Gail specifically asked for people not to ask her who else is in this book bc that would get into spoiler territory
    Sounds sus. how is it a spoiler even? But that'd give away the trick and spoil the hype I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, I can see Ev becoming a mentor/teacher to a new group of mutants.
    Totally in agreement with the idea of him teaching/training young mutants. He can take them and their powers to higher levels.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Sounds sus. how is it a spoiler even? But that'd give away the trick and spoil the hype I guess?
    Im not the writer and i dont know what she has planned. All we can do is trust her judgement behind why she hasnt revealed the full cast

Ultimate Member

Perhaps, but after building his profile like they have been, what's the strategy behind waiting to announce Synch in a line up. I feel that's an after thought type of move. Furthermore it can telegraphs the intention with handling Ev. He deserves so much more than this. I clocked out on X-Men when I saw writers ineptitude on portraying Everett in a way where you don't even feel weight of a man that spent close to a century planning and battling a city full of super enhanced humans and their A.I. This is exclamation point to the statement of how black male mutants are treated by certain writers in X-office. Nothing much is changed.
    Furthermore it could cost them some orders depending on when you can start pre-ordering books. If that starts before the end of the current event-you got an issue.

If they were so worried about spoilers-I should NOT see a single roster let alone any solo books being announced.

It speaks more volumes of who they had no trouble tossing on covers and letting you know in FULL advance who is going to be in them.

That is saying Rogue and the rest are not doing anything of huge substance at the end. It might mean Synch is going to save the day? Oh that is going to go well with others. NOT.

As of right now we only got Prodigy. Who has been treated badly since X-Men Academy ended.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Just because Synch isnt on covers doeent mean anything happens to him it just means thr creative teams dont have a plan for him yet. Its not like he is big in the event anyway
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It would definitely be a role in which Ev could excel. It's not happening but it would be a nice fit.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Spectacular Member

🥱 You should become a writer for Marvel and show people how black male mutants should be written! Or complain. I'd go with complain. He had a good run the last couple of years. I like him, but I'm okay with getting a break for a bit.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Gray View Post
    �� You should become a writer for Marvel and show people how black male mutants should be written! Or complain. I'd go with complain. He had a good run the last couple of years. I like him, but I'm okay with getting a break for a bit.
    Why should he get a break when others don't?

Beside he had a 20 year break already.

That is not how business works.

Jean, Storm, Scott, Beast, Logan and others are not getting breaks. Because you take a break the higher chances you get in being forgotten or someone else takes that spot.

That is why folks are taking issues with all these new folks when you got a huge pile of folks not being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Gray View Post
    �� You should become a writer for Marvel and show people how black male mutants should be written! Or complain. I'd go with complain. He had a good run the last couple of years. I like him, but I'm okay with getting a break for a bit.
    He had a good run the last couple of years. How nice.

Someone wants to see one of their favorite characters get used in a manner consistent with their abilities and it's complaining.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    He had a good run the last couple of years. How nice.

Someone wants to see one of their favorite characters get used in a manner consistent with their abilities and it's complaining.
    Yes, how nice that he was used the last couple of years. There are how many X-men characters that have not been used to the degree that he was used the last couple of years. So it was nice that he as given time. I liked the character Skin he came back with Ev and then.... poof! I don't whine and cry and lament.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Why should he get a break when others don't?

Beside he had a 20 year break already.

That is not how business works.

Jean, Storm, Scott, Beast, Logan and others are not getting breaks. Because you take a break the higher chances you get in being forgotten or someone else takes that spot.

That is why folks are taking issues with all these new folks when you got a huge pile of folks not being used.
    Apparently this is exactly how business works. Jean, Scott, Logan, and Storm are major characters and are highly recognisable. With X-Men 97 and the pending introduction of the X-Men to the MCU of course you are going to see those characters again. THAT is how business works. Or you can whine about it.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

While I don't just want GenX back cause thay would make no sense can we have a scene somewhere of Ev at least talking with old friends for Example Husk Skin Chamber M Jubilee. Would be fun to see imo
    X-Men Forever