Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

In all fairness Tommy has no other ship to compare it to. There could have been something with him and Coat of Arms if she stuck around longer. And while it was never going to last I liked the brief times Tommy tried to hook up with Kate, especially when Kate used it to make Eli jelly. That feels like almost a life time ago.

I have a question for fellow YA fans: would you guys prefer if every member got to join a separate team (like Avengers, Thunderbolts, Defenders, Champions, Guardians etc) or if they all reunited as one group permanently?
    I’m kind of torn on this because I think the team should have gotten way more issues together than they actually did. But to me it would also be really interesting to see each one shine in a different setting. It could make their eventual reunion even more impactful and hopefully raise their individual profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I have a question for fellow YA fans: would you guys prefer if every member got to join a separate team (like Avengers, Thunderbolts, Defenders, Champions, Guardians etc) or if they all reunited as one group permanently?
    I’m kind of torn on this because I think the team should have gotten way more issues together than they actually did. But to me it would also be really interesting to see each one shine in a different setting. It could make their eventual reunion even more impactful and hopefully raise their individual profiles.
    Ideally I want a volume 3 mainly to fix that problem of them not getting that many issues together as a team than they did. Rebuild their group dynamic, tell some iconic big stories with them and give them their own rogues gallery of villains made to counter them. After that I'd love to see them branch out into other teams like a real Avengers squad or Defenders, Guardians of the Galaxy or train the new generation under them. Than when they have future reunions they'll feel like college reunions sharing stories before another teamup and split again. That is what I'd want ideally.

The truth is outside Kate Bishop, Wiccan, Hulkling, and to a extent America Chavez none of these characters get used very often and go into limbo very quickly. Eli just got dusted off earlier this year but his status is still rare. Tommy's in a tough spot as speedsters don't get used much in Marvel and when they do it's mostly Quicksilver. With Cassie size changers are a dime a dozen, but with the creation of Nadia Cassie's already fighting for a spot. Heck, Kamala is the new go to "big girl" Marvel loves so Cassie's really screwed there.

Kate has found success after Young Avengers even if her appearances have slowed down. Wiccan and Hulkling are tied to cosmic adventures and are guaranteed Pride Month appearances yearly. As of now they are the most successful Young Avengers. America Chavez pops up here and there. I can't remember the last time I even saw Noah-Var in anything. The truth is a lot of these characters would benefit from a YA volume 3 or sadly MCU synergy. I would love to see them all on other teams as well to show their progression but they are legacy characters and that is always going to hold them back.

Extraordinary Member

I think some need to move on...but others need to build a new team with new members. Like Eli, Kate and Cassie recruiting Thunderstrike, Arana, and some others.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

I just want a volume 3 with the original team & I don’t think that’s an unreasonable request the fan base is there I say pull the trigger & give them a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    The truth is outside Kate Bishop, Wiccan, Hulkling, and to a extent America Chavez none of these characters get used very often and go into limbo very quickly. Eli just got dusted off earlier this year but his status is still rare. Tommy's in a tough spot as speedsters don't get used much in Marvel and when they do it's mostly Quicksilver. With Cassie size changers are a dime a dozen, but with the creation of Nadia Cassie's already fighting for a spot. Heck, Kamala is the new go to "big girl" Marvel loves so Cassie's really screwed there.

Kate has found success after Young Avengers even if her appearances have slowed down. Wiccan and Hulkling are tied to cosmic adventures and are guaranteed Pride Month appearances yearly. As of now they are the most successful Young Avengers. America Chavez pops up here and there. I can't remember the last time I even saw Noah-Var in anything. The truth is a lot of these characters would benefit from a YA volume 3 or sadly MCU synergy. I would love to see them all on other teams as well to show their progression but they are legacy characters and that is always going to hold them back.
    Cassie's been really unlucky. She became Stinger at about the same time Nadia debuted, and her old role as Stature is definitely obsolete to Ms. Marvel. She has been used in the MCU, but doesn't seem to have benefitted from that in the comics.

Noh-Var last appeared in Al Ewing's Guardians of the Galaxy, I think? His Marvel Boy codename might be about to change hands, there's a new male Captain Marvel legacy among those teen heroes appearing in Spider-Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I think some need to move on...but others need to build a new team with new members. Like Eli, Kate and Cassie recruiting Thunderstrike, Arana, and some others.
    Kevin and Anya definitely make sense to be on any new Young Avengers team. Anyone who wasn't a Champion would probably fit... though given the MCU even they can't be ruled out...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I just want a volume 3 with the original team & I don’t think that’s an unreasonable request the fan base is there I say pull the trigger & give them a chance.
    This! I don't know why they won't even try. It's one of the few Marvel teenage sidekick teams that's not part of the X-Men that has a vocal cult following.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cassie's been really unlucky. She became Stinger at about the same time Nadia debuted, and her old role as Stature is definitely obsolete to Ms. Marvel. She has been used in the MCU, but doesn't seem to have benefitted from that in the comics.
    And the irony there is one of the factors that likely played a part in why Kamala's powers were changed in the MCU is because it's too similar to Ant-Man and a future Reed Richards. A character that grows large without Pym Particles in the MCU would break some established rules the cinematic universe is trying to keep in tact. They already need to explain the helmets. And since Cassie already grew big in the movies having two teenage girls having the exact same function would be repetitive while both are active. Kamala had to be completely reworked as not to step on other character's toes, pardon the pun.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    In all fairness Tommy has no other ship to compare it to. There could have been something with him and Coat of Arms if she stuck around longer. And while it was never going to last I liked the brief times Tommy tried to hook up with Kate, especially when Kate used it to make Eli jelly. That feels like almost a life time ago.
    Back before Kate could legally drink...not that it stopped her .

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    This. There is so much untapped potential with the original team and it's like Marvel doesn't want to touch them with a ten foot pole. I don't care if they bring in the occasional new member here and there but that original group is the one that really shines for me.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

If the last decade without a new YA ongoing is anything to go by, I don’t think putting them in different teams is doing much. We’ve had Billy, Teddy, Kate, and America joining other teams, but it doesn’t feel like it left any long term impact on their careers as heroes. Like, how many people look at Wiccan and Hulkling and think of them as Guardians Of The Galaxy as opposed to Young Avengers? YA was the most recognizable brand for all of those characters (with the exception of Loki and Prodigy), so I think that capitalizing on what people know them for is probably the best idea.

Noh-Var last appeared in Al Ewing's Guardians of the Galaxy, I think? His Marvel Boy codename might be about to change hands, there's a new male Captain Marvel legacy among those teen heroes appearing in Spider-Woman.
    I’ve been begging Marvel to rid Teddy of the Hulkling persona so he can be a proper Captain Marvel legacy, so of course they create a new character for this instead of letting him rebrand.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Teddy's ally cover is with Hulk... Not too happy about that, but oh well, at least he's somewhere! Too bad they couldn't add Billy considering they added Loki to Angela's cover with Wanda.

https://twitter.com/stanleyfountai4/...oehIIOtGw&s=19

For some reason Scarlet Witch got Angela and Thor got Hercules, despite Angela being a Thor adjacent character. Can't help thinking Scarlet Witch could've had Wiccan, Thor could've had Angela, and Hercules should've been on Avengers, given he's currently in that book?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Teddy's ally cover is with Hulk... Not too happy about that, but oh well, at least he's somewhere! Too bad they couldn't add Billy considering they added Loki to Angela's cover with Wanda.

I for the life of me can't even remember them being on the same panel together despite the name (which is pretty outdated at this point).

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I for the life of me can't even remember them being on the same panel together despite the name (which is pretty outdated at this point).
    They had a jokey kinda panel a while ago where Hulk asked him if he was Gamma irradiated and Teddy said no, so he told him not to do Gamma or something along those lines (sorta parodying a don't do drugs psa).

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

See, I wouldn't mind this if it was actually for a story where Teddy and Bruce team up, but considering this is purely a cover for show... yeah, it feels pretty pointless. It could even feel more meaningful if they had explored Teddy being a Hulk fanboy in his early YA days, but that never even came up after the first issue or so. It just feels like two random characters standing next to each other for no reason. lol

For some reason Scarlet Witch got Angela and Thor got Hercules, despite Angela being a Thor adjacent character. Can't help thinking Scarlet Witch could've had Wiccan, Thor could've had Angela, and Hercules should've been on Avengers, given he's currently in that book?
    This is so weird. It's like they went out of their way to not include Billy on any cover, when he's always a staple on Pride covers... But it's ok. He's the one who's appearing in the MCU this year, so I'm sure he'll get the mandatory synergy spotlight sooner or later in the comics.

They had a jokey kinda panel a while ago where Hulk asked him if he was Gamma irradiated and Teddy said no, so he told him not to do Gamma or something along those lines (sorta parodying a don't do drugs psa).
    Yep. It's kinda funny how the only interaction between them was basically a reminder that they're actually nothing alike. It's like the worst legacy name connection ever. lol