Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

I bet there are so many who are going to confuse Skaar and Hulkling as the same character. It's going to be a nightmare. How I wish they changed the Hulkling name years ago. I know it's been said to death but I feel it hurts Teddy at this point. He's not a Hulk legacy character at all and many would never guess he's actually a Mar-Vell legacy with Kree and Skrull heritage thrown in there too.

I don't recall why Teddy choose to be a 'Hulk' character to start with. It was a great twist to begin with but unlike Billy he never changed to his actual legacy. Was Teddy a Hulk fan?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I don't recall why Teddy choose to be a 'Hulk' character to start with. It was a great twist to begin with but unlike Billy he never changed to his actual legacy. Was Teddy a Hulk fan?
    Yeah, it was similar to Billy being Asgardian in the beginning. They were basically just ''cosplaying'' as the classic Avengers. In Heinberg's original plans (described in the ''director's cut'' version of his run), everyone would rebrand, with Eli, Cassie, AND Teddy getting new codenames after the first arc. But then Billy was the only one who changed in the end.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yeah, it was similar to Billy being Asgardian in the beginning. They were basically just ''cosplaying'' as the classic Avengers. In Heinberg's original plans (described in the ''director's cut'' version of his run), everyone would rebrand, with Eli, Cassie, AND Teddy getting new codenames after the first arc. But then Billy was the only one who changed in the end.
    I loved the bait-and-switch of that. The Thor legacy? Actually a Scarlet Witch legacy. The Hawkeye legacy? Actually a socialite who brazened her way into the superhero life (pretty much the original Wasp backstory!).

I kinda wanted to see some more from the list of names the Vision showed have similar traits. A Black Panther-looking woman who turns out to be Wakandan, yes, but actually a synthezoid made by a scientist who feels that Wakanda relies too much on heart-shaped herbs and Bast mysticism, and not enough on it's science, so is more of a Vision legacy. A green clad 'Scarlet Witch' who shoots green 'hexes' that sap the energy from others and weaken them, but it's her 'Hulk' power, to drain the strength and durability from others with gamma radiation (rather than Hulk out and enhance her own strength). Just lean totally into the bait-and-switching!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Though I feel like Cassie just went with her rebranded name from the start. Wasn't there a line saying she originally planned to be Ant-Girl (which is a feminine version of her father Ant-Man's name), but when she couldn't get hold of his helmet, she ended up being Stature instead due to lacking the ant command power? In fact she did later obtain the helmet in Mighty Avengers, but let Amadeus Cho, who had no powers of his own yet, use it instead. She also wasn't faking her legacy like most of the others. Patriot was a Captain America legacy, but not to Steve. Hulkling is actually a Captain Marvel legacy, not Hulk. Billy was Scarlet Witch's, not Thor's. Iron Lad turned out to be Kang, and not connected to Iron Man. Kang is a Richards, so his link should be to Mr Fantastic. Hawkeye was completely unrelated to Clint, Kate was just a socialite, not born a legacy to anyone (and she did consider being a Swordsman or Mockingbird legacy too). Later events show she's really more of a legacy to Jewel (since she's a private eye now like Jessica Jones is). Speed joined late, and was always honest about his legacy, that being his uncle, Quicksilver.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Speed joined late, and was always honest about his legacy, that being his uncle, Quicksilver.
    I kinda wish Speed was a bait and switch as well, using superhuman reflexes in his first appearance, and tricking the reader to think he was a Quicksilver legacy, but it turn out that he's got super-fast reflexes (and can run as fast as a sports car) because he's a synthezoid like his 'spiritual dad' Vision.

I don’t understand why they didn’t just put Wanda with her 2 canonically Queer sons in her Ally variant

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Though I feel like Cassie just went with her rebranded name from the start. Wasn't there a line saying she originally planned to be Ant-Girl (which is a feminine version of her father Ant-Man's name), but when she couldn't get hold of his helmet, she ended up being Stature instead due to lacking the ant command power? In fact she did later obtain the helmet in Mighty Avengers, but let Amadeus Cho, who had no powers of his own yet, use it instead. She also wasn't faking her legacy like most of the others. Patriot was a Captain America legacy, but not to Steve. Hulkling is actually a Captain Marvel legacy, not Hulk. Billy was Scarlet Witch's, not Thor's. Iron Lad turned out to be Kang, and not connected to Iron Man. Kang is a Richards, so his link should be to Mr Fantastic. Hawkeye was completely unrelated to Clint, Kate was just a socialite, not born a legacy to anyone (and she did consider being a Swordsman or Mockingbird legacy too). Later events show she's really more of a legacy to Jewel (since she's a private eye now like Jessica Jones is). Speed joined late, and was always honest about his legacy, that being his uncle, Quicksilver.
    See, I like the child of hero thing when the child isn't written as a copy.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Captain Marvel #8 is out today! Billy and Teddy don't do much in the way of action, but they do get a cute moment at least!

Also, just an FYI, Anthony Oliveira's Unlimited story did not lead into a new YA team, but instead spoilers:
    it's an Avengers Academy revival on Unlimited
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I don’t understand why they didn’t just put Wanda with her 2 canonically Queer sons in her Ally variant
    So you want them to do something that makes sense, huh.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Captain Marvel #8 is out today! Billy and Teddy don't do much in the way of action, but they do get a cute moment at least!

Also, just an FYI, Anthony Oliveira's Unlimited story did not lead into a new YA team, but instead spoilers:
    it's an Avengers Academy revival on Unlimited
    end of spoilers
    That's cool. I love Anthony's writing as much as any other YA fan, but it's probably more healthy and professionally fulfilling for him as a writer to be able to write other characters too.

Not feeling that line-up.

Kate Bishop makes an appearance in issue 14 of Avengers this week. She doesn't do much yet, but it's cool to see her on a big league Avenger team with Steve Rogers of all people. She's a grown adult now age wise so there should never be a issue with her joining a team age-wise anymore.

She's not even the youngest member on the lineup - that'd be Hazmat, who's still a teenager.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Kate Bishop makes an appearance in issue 14 of Avengers this week. She doesn't do much yet, but it's cool to see her on a big league Avenger team with Steve Rogers of all people. She's a grown adult now age wise so there should never be a issue with her joining a team age-wise anymore.
    She just felt way less sassy and more serious. I don't think Mackay had the best handle on her voice.

Sadly I agree, she was just generic. The same dialogue could've come from Clint, or from anyone in DC's Arrow Family.