Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Lame Ugly Looking Joke View Post
    I wonder if Betsy's history with Warren will be addressed in this, or if there will be any interaction.
    That ship is sailed (pun not intended), let's move on. Anything about it should've been addressed by Tini Howards early in Excalibur. Unfortunately, TH thought that the Queen Elizabeth AU was enough (spoiler: it wasn't).
    Anyway. Now it's too late to return to explain anything about them. Anything unresolved between Betsy and Warren should've been resolved at the start of the new era (Krakoa).
    Betsy has moved on (Warren likely too, we just didn't have much panel time with him in Krakoa era). At this point, having them address their past or status would be unrespectful to Rachel (and her role in Betsy's present), IMHO.
    "I know who I am. I'm a warrior.
    Bad things happen in battle. Warriors get hard. It comes with the territory."

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lame Ugly Looking Joke View Post
    I wonder if Betsy's history with Warren will be addressed in this, or if there will be any interaction.
    Sadly, I doubt it. Now that Betsy has been "queered" and claimed by the LGBTQ community, the character will likely never go back to dating any men. Also, feminist and queer fans have already taken control of the narrative that Warren only liked the Asian Ninja body as a fetish, and not Betsy herself. I liked them together quite frankly, because they were two individuals who were changed dramatically against their will, so they could relate to one another. From the blurbs I have read about the upcoming X-Force volume, not much from the past will be revisited, so probably no Warren.

Ultimate Member

The ship will never be fully sailed but no I don't think it will come up outside of some attempt to reinforce Betsy and Rachel, but no X pairing date forever, they all split up eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post
    Sadly, I doubt it. Now that Betsy has been "queered" and claimed by the LGBTQ community, the character will likely never go back to dating any men. Also, feminist and queer fans have already taken control of the narrative that Warren only liked the Asian Ninja body as a fetish, and not Betsy herself. I liked them together quite frankly, because they were two individuals who were changed dramatically against their will, so they could relate to one another. From the blurbs I have read about the upcoming X-Force volume, not much from the past will be revisited, so probably no Warren.
    why the f does being "queered and claimed by LGBT" come off so homophobic from you. Like stfu. All you do is complain about that one aspect of her. And Excalibur already showed that Warren was attracted to OG Betsy.

You haters act like its her one defining trait when only ONE writer has written her relationship focused because she is the one who developed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post
    I dunno about other writers but nobody controls my narratives but me and, to some degree, the editor. Betsy's with Rachel now, that's the canon.

Every character carries their personal history with them just like we all do. MANY queer people go through years or even decades pretending to be straight for their own reasons (usually tied to self-preservation in a hostile society) before coming out. Some, tragically, never do.

I've got a sibling who went through this and it was extremely painful for them and for me be unable to help them through it beyond just being supportive of their struggle and their decisions.

Betsy and Rachel are now canonically bisexual and, currently, in love with one another.

Betsy and Warren certainly did happen and, should they meet up again in X-Force, or elsewhere, I like to think they would remember that time with warmth and happiness. But Betsy is in her own body now and Kwannon's back in hers.

When Marvel accepted my pitch for what is now X-Force, Betsy and Rachel were already a couple and a couple they will remain unless there's an EXTREMELY compelling reason to break them up (and I mean EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEMELY compelling).

I don't see it happening, frankly. Betsy's romance with Warren will not be rekindled or revisited on my watch.

Also, while I love the canon, I hate nostalgia like cancer. We will be moving forward, not backwards.
    Last edited by Redjack; 04-29-2024 at 08:34 PM.

Ultimate Member

Never thought that you'd break Rachel and Betsy up or pair her up with Warren. And again no X pairing lasts forever.

Hey RJ, a lot of focus recently has gone to Forge's technological side while kind of downplaying his shaman abilities. Will you be doing any mystical stories with the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I have no problems with Cable. He can be fun. But he's got too much gravity for the stories I tell. Any book he's in becomes a Cable book and I'm not here to tell Cable stories or have the story I want to tell transformed into a Cable book.

I can't speak to what anyone else is doing with ANY of the characters people want to see but there are a bunch of us with a bunch more series and minis to be announced and a LOT of mutants unaccounted for.
    Yeah, I can see that actually. Makes sense. Appreciate the reply. Wonder if/when he'll show up in the From the Ashes era... maybe X-Factor, though if it's using any of the previous models for inspiration (mutant hunters, government stooges, investigators) that would seem an odd fit for the psychic soldier messiah called Cable. He's more of a revolutionary than a company man. But has also been a mercenary, so guess we'll see...
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I dunno about other writers but nobody controls my narratives but me and, to some degree, the editor. Betsy's with Rachel now, that's the canon.

Every character carries their personal history with them just like we all do. MANY queer people go through years or even decades pretending to be straight for their own reasons (usually tied to self-preservation in a hostile society) before coming out. Some, tragically, never do.

I've got a sibling who went through this and it was extremely painful for them and for me be unable to help them through it beyond just being supportive of their struggle and their decisions.

Betsy and Rachel are now canonically bisexual and, currently, in love with one another.

Betsy and Warren certainly did happen and, should they meet up again in X-Force, or elsewhere, I like to think they would remember that time with warmth and happiness. But Betsy is in her own body now and Kwannon's back in hers.

When Marvel accepted my pitch for what is now X-Force, Betsy and Rachel were already a couple and a couple they will remain unless there's an EXTREMELY compelling reason to break them up (and I mean EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEMELY compelling).

I don't see it happening, frankly. Betsy's romance with Warren will not be rekindled or revisited on my watch.

Also, while I love the canon, I hate nostalgia like cancer. We will be moving forward, not backwards.
    I can't put into words how much this post means to me. Thank you.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

RJ I am a huge fan of Sage and was wondering if Sage will be active in the field during your run or will she be in that Oracle type role like in the Krakoa era?
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Forward ever, backwards never!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    RJ I am a huge fan of Sage and was wondering if Sage will be active in the field during your run or will she be in that Oracle type role like in the Krakoa era?
    Everyone on this team is a field operative and I have loved Sage for years.

Everyone on this team is a field operative and I have loved Sage for years.
    Good to know, my fear with characters like Sage and Forge is that they tend to get relegated to tech/ops support roles. Glad that is not happening this time with either of them.

I’m not a fan of Betsy and Rachel mainly because I thought the romance was very forced and the dynamics felt weird. But at the same time, nobody sounded like themselves on those TH runs so…

I’m hopeful this new book will make me appreciate the pairing more.

But I adore Betsy and Warren together. And we never know, they got back together once. Comic book couples are always breaking up and getting back together. So if not now, maybe in the future under a different writer. I love their millionaire version of “we found love at a hopeless place” relationship.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    But I adore Betsy and Warren together. And we never know, they got back together once. Comic book couples are always breaking up and getting back together. So if not now, maybe in the future under a different writer. I love their millionaire version of “we found love at a hopeless place” relationship.
    While I really liked that story, I wouldn't want to see them get back together just to rehash that dynamic,(it'd be a step back for both) which means there's no real reason to get them back together again unless someone can think of a new dynamic between them based on the characters they are now. Sometimes a good story doesn't equal a good couple.