#1- That it was possible to mix both absolute “auteur director” creativity and perfectionism with elite-level “toyetic” merchandising drive and a desire to “pander” to as large of an audience as possible - because George Lucas was an indisputably better businessman than the rest of Hollywood while still being a semi-controlling, stubborn, “my vision is the truth!” type of creator... and arguably in a complementary way. I don’t think anyone else in Hollywood has that, and the closest LFL’s maybe gotten to that without him is Abrams on TFA (mostly by copying Lucas), and Filoni on his own stuff (as Lucas's student)... and even then I’d argue neither of them has ever had the full mix of authority and imagination to launch a PT-scale merchandise blitz. I agree with the idea that Lucas as a storyteller works best with a “handler,” but weirdly his producer side probably works in reverse and needs to be the ambitious guy handling others.

#2 - The difference between a creative franchise using moral ambiguity, where you don’t know what the right thing is because there’s complications throwing hurdles in your way even in situations that clearly require action, like most of the franchise, and using moral ambivalence, where you don’t care to have any consistent concept of right and wrong, like in TLJ and *maybe* some of the Imperial-focused media. Lucas’s films, TFA, the D+ shows, and Rogue One all have penalty of moral ambiguity, complexity, and tension over what the “right” thing to do is... and TLJ just flat out wants to apply different moral standards to different characters, and frequently is apathetic or biased as a matter of course, which can be seen to a lesser extent whenever there’s another Imperial-focused story that tries to sidestep and avoid the usual deconstruction of “just following orders” that Star Wars does.

(Weirdly, an addendum to that last one is that TLJ is weirdly “optimistically cynical/amoral” compared to how many Star Wars stories are actually “pessimistically idealistic/moral” - TLJ wants you to hope and cheer for a Neo Nazi School Shooter to “get the girl” and feel like everything will work out okay regardless, while something like Andor wants you to face the cold hard truth of fascism and injustice even on non-heroic characters.)