Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Could be the problem is that there are too many omega level characters. These type characters should be rare and using their powers at the highest level should only happen in certain circumstances. Maybe it shouldn't be something so tapped into.

It's funny that one of the most dangerous X-Men isn't an omega level character, isn't one of the strongest, fastest and isn't telepathic or telekinetic. They don't shoot rays or beams either.

It's Kitty Pryde. With her powerset, skills and fighting abilities, she's one of the most dangerous mutants there is and is nowhere near being an omega(at least not that I know of)

I think Warren is very dangerous in his Archangel identity. He may not have the offensive fire power like some of the other mutants(although those wings are very deadly) but as seen in Remender's Uncanny X-Force run, he can be very much a major threat.

Back to omega characters: I believe that there is a role for them although like I said, it should be a rare occurrence and the powerset should lead to someone becoming an omega (being able to control a fundamental force of nature/the universe).

But even having an omega doesn't mean that the other team members aren't needed. For one thing, most omegas aren't omnipotent or super-geniuses. They can't be everywhere once. Also, there maybe villains who are omegas, villain teams/organizations or situations where you actually need teams to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Could be the problem is that there are too many omega level characters. These type characters should be rare and using their powers at the highest level should only happen in certain circumstances. Maybe it shouldn't be something so tapped into.

It's funny that one of the most dangerous X-Men isn't an omega level character, isn't one of the strongest, fastest and isn't telepathic or telekinetic. They don't shoot rays or beams either.

It's Kitty Pryde. With her powerset, skills and fighting abilities, she's one of the most dangerous mutants there is and is nowhere near being an omega(at least not that I know of)

I think Warren is very dangerous in his Archangel identity. He may not have the offensive fire power like some of the other mutants(although those wings are very deadly) but as seen in Remender's Uncanny X-Force run, he can be very much a major threat.

Back to omega characters: I believe that there is a role for them although like I said, it should be a rare occurrence and the powerset should lead to someone becoming an omega (being able to control a fundamental force of nature/the universe).

But even having an omega doesn't mean that the other team members aren't needed. For one thing, most omegas aren't omnipotent or super-geniuses. They can't be everywhere once. Also, there maybe villains who are omegas, villain teams/organizations or situations where you actually need teams to deal with.
    I still like the idea that Kitty is really a Neo