Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    My only negative: I really, really hate Pyro's face tattoo. It seems even after he's left the books, Duggan is still going to lower my enjoyment of them.
    I think they had to keep it so you can distinguish between Havok, Angel, and Pyro (three blondes). I don't know that Bob Quinn can draw them all with different looks. I think he should focus on the hair and builds to create distinction.

Pyro = Slim with a longer nose and curly hair and face tattoo.

Havok = Medium build with straight short cut hair

Angel = Muscular with sort of a mullet style, or a bit longer hair.

Mighty Member

Ok, now we're talking. This is the most interesting roster of all the announced books so far. Warren, Alex AND Joanna? Sign me up. More of this, please.

I'm up to 4 books to sample now.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Avalanche got his love during the Utopia era when he owned his bar, and the cartoon X-Men Evolution paired him up with Kitty Pryde.
    Avalanche will get his love when we finally see him and Pyro having romantic yet characteristically kinky sex on-panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Avalanche will get his love when we finally see him and Pyro having romantic yet characteristically kinky sex on-panel.
    I feel like Marvel should go in directions like this if they want books to succeed. With Pyralanche too, but also in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member

Avalanche is happily married to a wife per Marvunapp.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Avalanche is happily married to a wife per Marvunapp.
    His wife is just Pyro in drag, that's why we never see her. And that's how Pyro's able to write such provocative romances. Even Avalanche doesn't know this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Hoping if there is a free agency draft, I hope X-Factor lands Bishop, Lorna, and Roberto DeCosta.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Wonder if they’re gonna sweep the whole undead thing with Havok under the rug here like they did with his inverted self reemerging in Hellions. Also, God I wish they’d get rid of that stupid face tattoo from Pyro. It looks ridiculous.
    While others mistook Feral for Wolfsbane, I was busy mistaking tattooed Pyro for mask wearing MAVERICK...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    The pitch is WEIRD and the characters choice for that pitch even weirder. Aryan Airlines + Frenzy.
    Feral/Maria Callasantos is Latina, though the blondness whiteness of all the men on the team is peculiar.
    Where's that John Byrne blonde men meme (before there were memes) that had a repeated byline male headshot labeled "Hank Pym", "Clint Barton", "Steve Rogers"?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    While others mistook Feral for Wolfsbane, I was busy mistaking tattooed Pyro for mask wearing MAVERICK...

Feral/Maria Callasantos is Latina, though the blondness whiteness of all the men on the team is peculiar.
    Where's that John Byrne blonde men meme (before there were memes) that had a repeated byline male headshot labeled "Hank Pym", "Clint Barton", "Steve Rogers"?
    Expect the blonde men to high-five while Frenzy and Feral fume, seeing them fail upward.

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

So glad for this announcement as I was expecting the unexpected. Seeing Warren in a leadership role with Alex is a welcome development for me and being officially sanctioned team is like the X-Factor back in the 90s with Val Cooper.

Pyro being here goes back when he was involved in Freedom Force, then Frenzy was a mercenary for hire. Feral is the one that really surprised me as she is a wildcard. I really expected that Iceman will be involved here but I see that there's more members that we didn't see yet so that's still a possibility.

I'm hoping that the other roster would be Hellion (Academy X), Petra (Vulcan's team), Chamber (Gen X) and/or Transonic (Five Lights).

Now, we wait for the variant covers to see a better look on their costumes and some member reveals. That's the exciting part.
    Last edited by mattsarchamp; 05-07-2024 at 04:40 PM.
    Peerless and Fearless

on second thought, i’m sorry i asked.🫣

You had me at Mark Russell and Archangel.
    If it didn't happen in the kink-positive Krakoa era, what chance have they during the following desolation?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Not a big fan of this roster. Feel like Warren's X-Corp counterpart Monet would've been a more entertaining lead even though she's likely on a more prominent team.

Have never really liked a story with Havok that wasn't about Madelyne and never been that jazzed about Angel. Indifferent to Pyro. Like the prospect of this being Feral and Frenzy's time to shine, but not enough to be the central point of interest.

Outside of Frenzy, this is so ZZzzzZZZzzzZz

I will never understand boosting the IP of Pyro instead of Sunfire.

Pyro and Feral make absolutely -no- sense in the premise we're given, based on their entire character histories alone.

They couldn't choose a more boring looking uniform.

Angel looking like Uncle Sam?

Havok's not a zombie?

No Maddie?

Havok as the only traditional X-Factor, when he had arguably one of the most tumultuous relationships with the X-Factor title out of every X-Factor member across time...

Love the idea of Frenzy getting more boosts and popularity. I wish she was on one of the main three titles instead of this garbage.

I really had hope they were going to Wow us with some brilliant new X-Factor concept. Instead, they just played Regular Degular Plain Jane. I'll be surprised if this makes it a year, unless they just force it to keep going for a while.

I'm praying they don't put anyone else on this crash and burn title.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

So based on the cover, is Warren Worthington cured of all the Archangel mutations by Apocalypse?

Some may feel this is regressive. But I suppose if this is for public relations, the better for him to be his original WASP image instead of blue with razor wings?

what has been Frenzy's development over the past 20 years?