Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It’s weird how Brevoort keeps saying how the X-men lack black men, but then proceeds to add only 1 such character in 6 of the announced books. There are more blond white guys in one title than there are black men in the entire line.
    And it’s not like there aren’t options. Synch, Bishop, Sunspot, Manifold, Gentle, Bedlam, Maggot…
    I get that the line-ups can get more diverse as time goes by, but it’s telling how these characters are not being included from the start while even Glob has a confirmed role.
    To me it’s inexcusable that Synch, Bishop and Sunspot don’t have prominent roles so far. I hope I’m proven wrong and they’re part of the last 3 secret books from the first wave, but I’m not holding my breath.

(And yes, I know Brevoort said that Bishop is not appearing initially because he thinks AU time traveler characters are too contrived to start the line with, but that doesn’t make any sense in the context of X-men ‘97 reintroducing such concepts and characters to a huge audience. Plus he had no problem having Rachel and Kwannon on teams, so there’s a clear double standard at play.)
    And yet Rachel is on a team in the beginning of the relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yes, it makes no sense at all. Just another excuse to not feature certain characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I guess Brevoort forgot the add the extra qualification, "time AU travelers with big guns".

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    I guess Brevoort forgot the add the extra qualification, "time AU travelers with big guns".
    Ahh...that was the disqualifier.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    In the ‘90’s, Rachel had big guns, just like every other female character
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver