Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Where did you see the info about Syrin and Monet?
    On a groupchat , it's not a " team" but I don't even know if it's true but I think it is becuase the other information concerning the eriters was true but obviously we don't know for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Knightpryde View Post
    On a groupchat , it's not a " team" but I don't even know if it's true but I think it is becuase the other information concerning the eriters was true but obviously we don't know for sure
    I mean, we know both are likely to appear in UXM, but this is the first I hear that they're supposed to be a sub-team. Syrin is currently a captive at the mansion. Monet was rumored to join the main team.

It’s weird how Brevoort keeps saying how the X-men lack black men, but then proceeds to add only 1 such character in 6 of the announced books. There are more blond white guys in one title than there are black men in the entire line.
    And it’s not like there aren’t options. Synch, Bishop, Sunspot, Manifold, Gentle, Bedlam, Maggot…
    I get that the line-ups can get more diverse as time goes by, but it’s telling how these characters are not being included from the start while even Glob has a confirmed role.
    To me it’s inexcusable that Synch, Bishop and Sunspot don’t have prominent roles so far. I hope I’m proven wrong and they’re part of the last 3 secret books from the first wave, but I’m not holding my breath.

(And yes, I know Brevoort said that Bishop is not appearing initially because he thinks AU time traveler characters are too contrived to start the line with, but that doesn’t make any sense in the context of X-men ‘97 reintroducing such concepts and characters to a huge audience. Plus he had no problem having Rachel and Kwannon on teams, so there’s a clear double standard at play.)
    Despite my earlier comment, I do agree that this is a major issue. Lots of POC characters are underdeveloped and not given story arcs or beats in the X-Men outside of Storm, which even she has struggled outside of Ewing and Claremont, which then they get overlooked by future writers as a cycle of constant limbo and apathy.

Wish they would push strong POC characters as hard as they do Magneto or the amount of attention the villains on Krakoa got... the allegorical metaphor seems silly without the actual IRL representation to match that message. Holding out hope we see Sunspot, Rictor, Shola, Wiz-Kid, Sunfire, or other "diamond in the rough" characters picked up by the right writers.

I hope a lot of characters aren't used because the only possibility of using characters now is to destroy them with bad writers and editors.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

(And yes, I know Brevoort said that Bishop is not appearing initially because he thinks AU time traveler characters are too contrived to start the line with, but that doesn’t make any sense in the context of X-men ‘97 reintroducing such concepts and characters to a huge audience. Plus he had no problem having Rachel and Kwannon on teams, so there’s a clear double standard at play.)
    I think a big problem with Bishop is that editors and writers forget that he has actual powers. He is relegated to just a big guy with a gun, same for Cable. I hope that one day someone explores Bishops actual mutant gifts. Both characters are more interesting than the "soldier from the future" meatsticks they are often portrayed as.

This far in, Bishop is no longer a time displaced man on a mission, and is now firmly placed within the 616 main timeline. He's done other things outside of his initial introductions, so they don't need to focus on his complicated introduction.

Have to call BS on Brevoort's talking point here.

People don't even know what race he is. He was clearly meant to be black (of SSA descent), but then he was retconned to be Aboriginal, who look very different and how he isn't drawn.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I agree that Bishop is underestimated by editorial. I would love if they focused on his powers more. I grew up with X-treme X-men, so it’s quite jarring to see how much he’s been demoted.
    I think Brevoort is letting his pet peeve against AU characters affect Cable and Bishop’s chances.
    It’s not like they need to reestablish their entire backstory in their first appearances in the new era. Anyone interested in reading X-comics probably knows about them by now anyway, especially after the animated series.
    And his reasoning for dismissing Bishop and Cable doesn’t make any sense when characters with similarly complicated backgrounds get to appear from the start.
    I’m seeing a lot of double standards, like Storm needing to leave the X-teams to get a solo when Wolverine gets to keep both.

X-Men:

Iceman
    Polaris
    Changeling/Morph
    Mimic
    Petra
    Sway
    Vulcan
    Darwin
    Banshee
    Thunderbird
    Sunfire
    Colossus
    Dazzler
    Longshot
    Bishop
    Cable
    Stacy-X
    Lifeguard
    Slipstream
    Marrow
    Maggott
    Wraith
    Omertà
    Forget-Me-Not
    Sunpyre
    Omega
    Northstar
    Pyro II
    Firestar
    Synch
    Xorn
    Zorn
    Woofer

New Mutants:
    Mirage
    Cannonball
    Sunspot
    Cypher
    Magma
    Bird-Boy
    Gossamyr
    Rictor
    Boom Boom
    Skids
    Firefist
    -Hellions:
    --all

X-Factor:
    Multiple Man
    Wild Child
    Caliban

Excalibur:
    Brian & Meggan Braddock
    Cerise
    Kylun
    Micromax
    Pete Wisdom
    Blood Moon
    Black Knight
    Captain Avalon
    Daytripper
    Douglock(?)
    Feron
    Nocturne

Generation X:
    Synch
    Mondo
    Skin
    Husk
    Gaia
    Chamber
    M
    Hollow(?)
    M-Twins
    Artie
    Leech
    Last edited by danielsan52; 05-10-2024 at 04:57 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

It’s weird how Brevoort keeps saying how the X-men lack black men, but then proceeds to add only 1 such character in 6 of the announced books. There are more blond white guys in one title than there are black men in the entire line.
    And it’s not like there aren’t options. Synch, Bishop, Sunspot, Manifold, Gentle, Bedlam, Maggot…
    I get that the line-ups can get more diverse as time goes by, but it’s telling how these characters are not being included from the start while even Glob has a confirmed role.
    To me it’s inexcusable that Synch, Bishop and Sunspot don’t have prominent roles so far. I hope I’m proven wrong and they’re part of the last 3 secret books from the first wave, but I’m not holding my breath.

And yet Rachel is on a team in the beginning of the relaunch.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    This Colossus erasure will not stand.
    I hope so!

We know Colossus appears in the Capullo book at least.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    And yet Rachel is on a team in the beginning of the relaunch.
    Yes, it makes no sense at all. Just another excuse to not feature certain characters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    X-Men:

Changeling/Morph
    Mimic
    Petra
    Sway
    Darwin
    Banshee
    Thunderbird
    Sunfire
    Colossus
    Stacy-X
    Lifeguard
    Slipstream
    Dr. Reyes
    Marrow
    Maggott
    Omega

New Mutants:
    Cannonball
    Sunspot
    Boom Boom
    Skids
    Firefist
    Magma
    -Hellions:
    --all

Generation X:
    -all
    I keep forgetting about Petra and Sway. Also where is Vulcan?
    There are more New Mutants not here.

Generation X: Jubilee is on a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I keep forgetting about Petra and Sway. Also where is Vulcan?
    There are more New Mutants not here.

Generation X: Jubilee is on a team.
    That's right, ty
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

So do you guys think Rasputin IV will be killed off before From the Ashes starts? I hope not...