Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

KOOKY MARVEL!

REIGN OF GALACTA #3
    Written by KATE BEATON
    Plot by ROZEN
    Art by FAITH ERIN HICKS
    “HEIR APPARENT” Finale
    Gali is afraid. Okay, a little hungry, but very, very scared out of her mind. With her whole world shaken and most everyone abandoning her, she sits alone in her house as she waits for the end of the world. Yeah, kind of a downer ending for a surprisingly short book but...oh hey, Andri's back, and she here to cheer our hero up and get her to save the world! Weird, we could've sworn everyone would be dead and eaten by this issue, annnnd we just realized we lost a bet. Things come to a head when father and daughter clash!

INGLORIOUS BASTERDS #5
    Written By JIM STERANKO
    Plot By MCGAFFER
    Art By HERB TRIMPE
    "MONSTER MASH"
    The Basterds have been discovered! Luckily though it's by test pilot Hal Jordan (Rocket's pretty darn sure he's heard that name before but this guy insists he's lived on this Earth his whole life) and it's just in time because Spider-Ham has found himself as the main course at Warrior Woman's banquet. Things get even more personal when they find that it's the Nazi Super-Apes guarding her castle. Gorilla Man and Hit Monkey have got more then words for them, it's time for some serious poop flingin (Sorry, I, I had to! How often do you get a chance at that metaphor?) and fists flying (See, saved it!) Meanwhile Hal Jordan, Rocket and Squirrel Girl get the pleasure of kicking Warrior Woman all over the local Bavarian landscape....oh wait she's super-strong and capable of hypnotism. Which is why the hypnotized Spider-Ham blindsides Rocket and the rest of the plan goes south very quickly. If only they had a super strong member of the team, then everything would...wait, does anyone else smell that? Smells like a swamp just got up and walked in!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

H.E.R.B.I.E. FOR HIRE #5
    Written by CHRIS ELIOPOLOUS
    Plot by SUPERCOOPER
    Art by STUART IMMONEN
    “L.O.V.E. (LACKLUSTRE OPPONENTS VETO ENJOYMENT)”
    It’s Valentine’s Day, and l-o-v-e is in the air…and so are the HERBIEs! Hired by America’s eleventh most popular chocolate company, Magnifique Chocolat au Lune, everyone’s favourite robot helpers have been assigned the task of playing Cupid…and making sure the lucky couples they pair up buy the largest boxes of truffles, toffees, and caramels available! But when sparks fly between HERBIE 14 and HERBIE 29, their coworkers’ attention will turn to creating the most romantic night possible for the two lovebirds! And that means making sure their employer, Mademoiselle Aulune, and their boss, HERBIE Alpha, don’t find out! Meanwhile, HERBIE 34 goes on his dream date, with none other than his hero…Benjamin J. Grimm, the ever-lovin’ blue eyed THING! But this night out may end in disaster as the duo go undercover into the villainous world of super-powered wrestling…and face off against 34’s old foe, AWESOME ANDY!
    32PGs/Rated A...$2.99

MOJOVISION #5
    Written by ERIC POWELL
    Plot by EXCITER
    Art by ROB GUILLORY
    “MID-SEASON REPLACEMENT” Part One “The X-TEAM”
    In 2014, a crack reality television broadcasting unit was sent to prison by a corrupt Mojoworld court for a crime they didn't commit. These men and women promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the rebel underground. Today, still wanted by Mojo, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them... maybe you can hire... The X-Team!
    Major Domo’s rating report: A retro reboot of sorts, this program is the highest rated series among rebel sympathizers of all age brackets but has yet to find mainstream appeal.
    “That's because there's not enough surprisingly shocking deaths! Let's get all George R.R. Martin up in here and start killing off some beloved established characters! Especially the scum I made famous that had the audacity to lead an insurgency against me! Good thing I, Mojo, have plot armor... right?”
    Mojo's clone, creatively named Mojo II by network TV screenwriters, has hired the X-Team to assassinate their former boss, Mojo! Can Longshot and his crew, comprised of Spiral, NFL Superpro, Quark, and Screwball, complete the mission? Or will their series go on permanent hiatus? Someone will die (shockingly), and no one is safe!
    32 PGs./Rated T+...$2.99

LI'L FRANK #5
    Written By JOE CASEY
    Plot By MARVELL2100
    Art By SKOTTIE YOUNG
    A Boy Named Frank! Part 1: "A Fist Full of Tokens!"
    Miss Peavy and her first-grade students at Harry S. Truman Elementary take a field trip to Chuck E. Cheese for a little fun! The kids are having a great time and everything is going well until the Kennedi boys go around collecting(taking) tokens from the other students! Meanwhile, Frank is racking up the tokens on the Duck Shoot with his water pistol when the manager shows up and encourages him to move on before he cleans him out! Frank is about to douse the manger with his water pistol when he sees the most beautiful girl he's ever seen and her name is Li'l Whitney Frost! But before he can go to meet her, the manager has called in back-up to help take Frank out and it's the main man himself, Chuck E. Cheese!
    32 PGS./Rated All Ages...$2.99

THE INVINCIBLE BRICK! #5
    Written By JOHN OSTRANDER
    Plot By MARVELL2100
    Art By CULLY HAMNER
    "Age of A-Rock-Alypse!" Part 1
    After suffering the loss of his master and his true love, the Brick takes a leave from the Brotherhood of the Rock to heal his broken heart! The Brotherhood, now under the guidance of Sister Shale, continues their search for Mag-Neat-O, the man responsible for their deaths who appears to have disappeared off the face of the Earth! Meanwhile in Egypt, beneath the fabled pyramids, an ancient force stirs after a long slumber! A-Rock-Alypse has awakened and he will test this world as never before!
    32 PGS./Rated T...$2.99

DOC SAMSON: SUPERHUMAN THERAPIST #1 **New Series**

Written by: DAN SLOTT
    Plot by: MIGHTY ROMAN
    Art by: WILL CONRAD
    ‘Big Time Part 1: I love New York’
    Leonard Samson. Acclaimed therapist, surgeon and short lived sitcom actor (but he doesn't talk about that). Now he’s hittin’ the big time-and moving to New York City.
    Even superheroes need a therapist at some point. So the good doctor has moved to NYC, to rehabilitate America’s shadiest criminals-whether they like it or not!
    Diary of Leonard Samson-January 7th: I've finally got my first patient in New York-Owen Reese. He seems nice enough for someone who can restructure reality. Anyway, after walking home from the office, I decided to have a relaxing after-noon off. I fed the ducks at central park, relaxed in the sun while reading a paperback book, and destroyed a couple of robots who were attacking civilians. I felt a lot more refreshed after that.
    But, not all of my patients are reliable as Owen. For some reason, Doctor Doom isn't turning up to his appointments-let’s see if I can change that.
    32PGS./Rated All Ages…$2.99
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 02-08-2015 at 07:04 PM.