Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I LOVED the story were Norman Osborn and Gwen Stacy had kids.
    Cable saved the mutant race, not Cyclops
    It was disgusting what Marvel did to Nick Fury in Original Sins.
    Miguel O'Hara is the best Spider-Man
    SpOck was better at fighting villains than Peter.
    Doctor Strange should always be written as a top 6 smartest hero in the MU and should be the Sherlock Holmes of magic.
    Hank Pym has always been underutilized.
    Black Panther is not a Gary Stu, but one of the greatest characters ever created.
    Doom can be written like Batman as in if he's not the best at everything and beats everyone people get butthurt.
    One of the greatest and most underappreciated rivalries is Thanos vs. Adam Warlock
    Cable is Liefield's greatest creation and not Deadpool(No knock on Deadpool)
    The Punisher is not a one note character, but one of the greatest comic creations ever.
    Cyclops is an amazing character, but doesn't get punished for the things he does.
    Never read a story with Beast or Mockingbird and wanted to read more about them after.
    This is the most interesting Peter Parker has ever been.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-02-2016 at 10:42 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

This opinion is simply unpopular and not really controversial, but I think Glyph is one of the coolest new Marvel superheroes to come out of ANAD Marvel.

Who is Glyph? If you're not reading Howling Commandos of SHIELD, you'll never know. ;-)

She had better be brought into another book once Howling Commandos is canceled... which I expect official announcement on any day now. She is worthy of her own solo, the way I see it.

BANNED

Sam Alexander Nova is a great series.

How Spider-verse was stated to included every Spider in Marvel's history.

How everyone is forgetting all the things Nick Fury Sr. Did for the heroes in the past.

Peter Parker is an angsty, immature man-child who is the least interesting character with Spider-based powers around and despite spending his entire adult life as a hero, he's still not very good at it.

The X-Men should be in their own, separate universe. It makes no sense that gods, super soldiers, wizards and accidents of science are totally accepted by the public, but mutants are hated and feared. Even the Hulk, an uncontrollable rage-monster, gets more acceptance than a mutant. And the fact that other heroes do nothing about the mutantphobia out there makes them look like hypocrites.

Deadpool isnt that funny (but his movie was).

Nick Fury should have just been retconed into a black man, rather than that weird father-son thing that came out of nowhere.

Doom seems like a ruler who actually cares about his people's welfare, and Richards should leave him the hell alone. He's the most interesting aspect of the FF's mythos.

After years of failed diplomacy, I think its proven that Magneto was right and Xavier was an idealist who's dream will never come true. Also, Scott Summers was right. About something, anyway.

The Inhumans were better off as isolationist xenophobes, and not as mutants 2.0. Also, Inhumans should very, very rarely look human.

The Guardians of the Galaxy aren't that interesting. (but their movie was).

90's era Eddie Brock was the best Venom and no take since has measured up.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Peter Parker is an angsty, immature man-child who is the least interesting character with Spider-based powers around and despite spending his entire adult life as a hero, he's still not very good at it.

The X-Men should be in their own, separate universe. It makes no sense that gods, super soldiers, wizards and accidents of science are totally accepted by the public, but mutants are hated and feared. Even the Hulk, an uncontrollable rage-monster, gets more acceptance than a mutant. And the fact that other heroes do nothing about the mutantphobia out there makes them look like hypocrites.

Nick Fury should have just been retconed into a black man, rather than that weird father-son thing that came out of nowhere.

Doom seems like a ruler who actually cares about his people's welfare, and Richards should leave him the hell alone. He's the most interesting aspect of the FF's mythos.

After years of failed diplomacy, I think its proven that Magneto was right and Xavier was an idealist who's dream will never come true. Also, Scott Summers was right. About something, anyway.

The Inhumans were better off as isolationist xenophobes, and not as mutants 2.0. Also, Inhumans should very, very rarely look human.

Pretty sure it's Doom that needs to leave Reed alone.

BANNED

-Agreed. I've stoped caring about Parker to be honest, I even terminated my subscription to the title. Ock was a truly Superior hero.

-Agreed. The X-Men could be used for much more pressing issues, but these days, they're just like regular heroes who are hated for... no reason.

-Nah, Wade's funny when written correctly. WayPool? Now that guy's a total PITA.

-Nick Fury should have remained as is. If they wanted synergy, they should have just brought over Ultimate Fury along with Miles. Marcus Johnson is a waste of character.

-The F4 are interesting, but Doom is far and above the most interesting aspect of the book, truly. And yeh, apart from OOC moments, Victor does care for his people. He's arrogant, vain and a lot of bad things, but a merciless tyrant he is not.

-I think that's mostly a result for the need to revert back to the status quo but yeah, for the most part, Magneto is right. He's a pragmatist and a realist.

-Isolation and GOT-like plots were the best part of the Inhumans property. Mutants 2.0 is indeed lazy.

-DnA GotG was brilliant. Bendis/Current GotG is an absymal title...

-I liked Flash (Secret Agent Flash, not Space Agent Flash) but yeah, old school Venom is best Venom. The whole Klyntar retcon is absymal, which isn't surprising considering it's a cosmic story by Bendis...

Ultimate Member

Pete's got his own international business and about a dozen other Spider-People running around right now that can handle the streets.

And a starring role in the new Marvel Civil War movie.

He's like a functional Bruce Wayne that cracks jokes while smacking around X-Men single-handedly -- I can work with that.

I did see him get ridiculously clowned by this Michael Jackson/Prince hybrid looking guy once, though -- it was probably the best worst comic I've ever read.

It was like Purple Rain meets West Side Story meets The Warriors -- and featured the crazy black alien suit to boot.

ace II - the sequel.jpg
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-17-2016 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    However you really can't say that a person who is straight faces really any of the hardships that come with being gay, something that only people of the LGBT crowd can truly understand. So you go from a situation of someone who wasn't living up to their full potential and didn't have the best luck with relationships, something people can honestly relate to, to that they were linked to that he was hiding that he was gay this whole time, something only a margin can truly understand. That is what I'm talking about in relatibility.
    Well, there are some hardships that are specific to being gay, sure. But there are plenty of hardships that straight and gay people share. For example, worrying about not being accepted for who you love? Plenty of straight people have been there, be it interracial relationships, inter-faith relationships, or even just dating across different cliques - the popular kid who likes a geek but keeps it a secret for fear of being ostracized. Is it the same as worrying about being beat up just because you prefer boys to girls? No, of course not. But it's still something that allows one person to relate to another, because it serves as a starting point. "Well, shit, if I felt this bad when all I had to worry about was being made fun of, I can imagine how much worse it is for them."

And Iceman not living up to his full potential, and being kinda bad at relationships, are things that are still part of who he is. Those traits are still there. People who related to those qualities can still relate to them.

BANNED

Polly correctness sucks
    Remaking established characters into minorities sucks
    inclusiveness sucks

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Polly correctness sucks
    Remaking established characters into minorities sucks
    inclusiveness sucks
    Racism/sexism is the prime motive of comic fans who make spiteful "bumper sticker" comments about Sam Wilson as Captain America, Jane Foster as Thor, and Amadeus Cho as the Hulk.

MCU Steve Rogers is a hypocritical,self righteous, delusional thug whose supposedly altruistic nature is a facade for the fact that war is all he has. He's Big Boss from Metal Gear except Big Bosd had way more reasons to be s dick and the writers knew Big Boss was a villain.

BANNED

Jane as Thor is a lot better and more interesting than Odinson as Thor.

There are probably quiet a few if I think about them. Some that come to mind are...

I prefer Sam Wilson as Captain America then Steve Rodgers. Speaking of which, Steve can be just as self-riotous and ignorant as Tony.
    I like Ta-Nehisi Coates Black Panther series.
    Jane is more interesting then Odinson as Thor.

After all these years Franklin should be allowed to age to be a teenager, age up Valeria a couple years too and have them be active members. Change the name to the Fantastic Five and have Ben/Johnny rotate as the fifth member. Have Two-In-One remain as an ongoing book starring both The Human Torch and The Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    After all these years Franklin should be allowed to age to be a teenager, age up Valeria a couple years too and have them be active members. Change the name to the Fantastic Five and have Ben/Johnny rotate as the fifth member. Have Two-In-One remain as an ongoing book starring both The Human Torch and The Thing.
    My vote is the opposite. Reboot the FF and just wipe Valeria and Franklin out of existence. Honestly Every FF story or incarnation I've ever enjoyed was without those two. They've never added anything to the franchise that I enjoyed. In a book with two of the greatest geniuses ever written, adding Valeria who can compete with them is lame and constantly giving and taking away unlimited power has gotten old.

I've been rewatching the 2006 animated series and they REALLY seem to nail the personalities. it's not JUST about 'FAMILY'... it's about adventure! Exploration! Solving the secrets of the universe!! Because it's FUN and they LOVE it!!!

Granted I don't see this regression every happening, so my counter offer would be to NOT age characters naturally because that's lame and ages the whole universe... but just have Franklin want to be a teenager ... and suddenly be a teenager. Snap his fingers, go through a time portal come back old enough to drive the fantasticar... something of that nature. Quick, easy, and contained to the FF book alone.