MARVEL GLOBAL! Part 3

S.H.I.E.L.D. '60 #2 *recommissioned*
Written by ED BRUBAKER
Plot by GLOBAL HONORED
Art by J.H. WILLIAMS III
Variant Cover by DAVID AJA
"The Most Dangerous Game"
  • Last month we brought you James Bond, the rogue MI6 super-spy given a new license by S.H.I.E.L.D. Now we introduce you to his handler, an old war buddy of Fury's with a penchant for hunting the world's nastiest villains. And his game just got much bigger. Fresh from the jungles of Brazil (by way of Maynardville, TN), he is known as "The Apache," former head of the most vicious commandos ever deployed behind enemy lines during the war, the Boss Basterd himself... Lt. Aldo Raine! Intel indicates an increasing espionage threat on a global scale with links to shadowy organizations such as SPECTRE, the rumored revival of HYDRA, as well as whispers of an upstart group with intentions for world domination going by the name COBRA. Aldo has his own intuition, "I smell me a Nazi!"
  • Howard Stark and Peggy Carter follow the trail of the missing Lola, the hovercapable '62 Cherry Red Corvette (stolen from Stark Expo, see last issue) with Stark's prototype tracking device and his own private flying machine, the old fashioned kind - a Piper Colt personal aircraft. The trail crash lands them on a secret island within the Bermuda Triangle, where they unexpectedly rendezvous with Agents Gabe Jones and Alexander Pierce. But now they all need rescue from a pack of half-man, half-beast creatures that inhabit the island, the result of a mad science experiment gone heinously wrong. Thankfully Peggy brought along some of her "female fighting force of the future" artillery (again last issue, such was feminism in the sixties) and Howard knows a thing or two about engineering with raw materials, like creating big explosions with little coconuts. (S.H.I.E.L.D. CLASSIFIED: Who did you think was the inspiration for The Professor on "Gilligan's Island?")
  • Aboard the Hellicarrier, a distress call comes in from Stark with coordinates to his location, an uncharted island in the North Atlantic. An extraction mission is formed. But then a package arrives by courier jet. A frightened man wearing a French military uniform (see last issue for clues) and a bomb strapped to his chest. How did he know where to find SHIELD's hidden HQ in the sky?
    (in brokenEnglish) "He sent me. He sent me with this. [Hands Fury a square box]"
    "Who is he, Soldier?"
    "He..Zemo...Zemo..."
    Fury opens the package with horror.....
    Contessa: "What's in the box?!?!?
    (Hint: It's Robards' head. See that one coming?)
  • Next Month: Assault on the Island of Doctor Zemo!
32 PGs./Rated T+...$2.99

SNAKE EYES: REAL AMERICAN HERO #7
SNAKE EYES versus DOUBLE DRAGON!

Written by CHUCK DIXON
Plot by EXCITER
Art by JEROME OPEÑA
“COMMUNITY OUTREACH”
Snake Eye's trecherous apprentice Ikari has betrayed everything his master ever taught him, sharing the secrets of Arashikage ninjitsu with fiends like Gregory Stark, the Hand, and perhaps worst of all, the Black Warriors street gang! With their newfound techniques, the Black Warriors seek revenge on the two men who have single handledly prevented them from ruling the streets of Los Angeles... the masters of "Sou-Setsu-Ken," Billy and Jimmy Lee! When the Double Dragon Dojo is beseiged, can Snake Eyes teach the twins the techniques they need to survive? Will he learn something himself in the process?
Meanwhile, Storm Shadow is summoned to Badhikistan's Monolith Base and tasked with a mission. COBRA is going to war with HYDRA, and Cobra Commander needs Storm Shadow to lead the Night Creepers against HYDRA'S ninja contigent – the Hand! Will an ancient rivalry be rekindled?
32 PGs./Rated T+...$2.99