Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Secret Wars, #8

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Still going I see. *shrugs and sighs* It's got to end sometime...

Also, does anyone know how to draw Valeria as a young kid and not just as a clone of Sue with shorter hair?
    Not sure why you'd be surprised, they've announced how many issues there are.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by celeherald View Post
    Not sure why you'd be surprised, they've announced how many issues there are.
    I'm not surprised since I know how many issues have been announced. Just seeing the number and realizing the date, it just acts as a reminder that this event is still going.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdmorris1124 View Post
    Clearly you do enough to come to the boards and comment.

Don't like it, don't buy it. Simple enough right?
    Yeah, I don't understand why the thread is even clicked if you have no interest. But you know they will buy it and read it anyway.

Drawing Valeria looking her age is definitely something most artists seem to struggle to do.

Here in Battleworld I guess you could excuse them with the fact that some years have gone by, seven if Doomstadt hasn't been "restarted", so she would have aged. And I've seen people argue before that Franklin deliberately or unconsciously prevents/slows down his own ageing, something that could in part be supported by the fact he'll grow to be thousands of years old. But: In Runaways Valeria is drawn more age-apropriate and she's at an age where she loses a tooth. That is not consistent with that cover.

Mr Sinister and his Victorian age British arrogance and stiff upper lip style once again delivers a great comment.

was loving this series then the delay from issue 7 made me not even pick it up. Think I'm gonna wait till 9 hits the stands and read 1-9 all over again

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstadt View Post
    Drawing Valeria looking her age is definitely something most artists seem to struggle to do.

Here in Battleworld I guess you could excuse them with the fact that some years have gone by, seven if Doomstadt hasn't been "restarted", so she would have aged. And I've seen people argue before that Franklin deliberately or unconsciously prevents/slows down his own ageing, something that could in part be supported by the fact he'll grow to be thousands of years old. But: In Runaways Valeria is drawn more age-apropriate and she's at an age where she loses a tooth. That is not consistent with that cover.

Mr Sinister and his Victorian age British arrogance and stiff upper lip style once again delivers a great comment.
    Mr Sinister had been gold in this series.

Artists' concept/rendition of Valeria has definitely caused confusion, even going back to prior Fantastic Four runs. I still don't know for sure here if Valeria is the biological child of Consort Sue (still not convinced she's a mind-wiped Susan Richards) and Victor. If so, she could be 7 years old. But then who is this Franklin? I'm waiting to see the final reveal on this and it may throw us all for a loop.

It would not be a Secret if we could just read it.

BANNED

I'd be so much more excited for the conclusion of this series if it had come out as scheduled, twice a month. My only hope at this point is that we get a FF book spinning out of it.

So they use captain america on the covers but use the wrong shield ? unless they want to show a time displaced Cap against Taskmaster

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Captain...aptain_America

That terrax panel...LMAO

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    I'd be so much more excited for the conclusion of this series if it had come out as scheduled, twice a month. My only hope at this point is that we get a FF book spinning out of it.
    except for the 1st couple issues and maybe 2 others this was never promoted as a twice a month mini-series

Quote Originally Posted by runguy View Post
    except for the 1st couple issues and maybe 2 others this was never promoted as a twice a month mini-series
    But it's still way overdue. How long is it between issues 4 and 5 of Ultimate End? I don't know if it's postponed so it doesn't reveal things happening in SW 8/9 or if it's postponed "on it's own", but it's been 4 months now
    and it's still two weeks away. August 5th and December 16th, that's a lot of time. Almost like the 1610 refuses to die.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Also, does anyone know how to draw Valeria as a young kid and not just as a clone of Sue with shorter hair?
    But she's not a really young kid here. She was what, four in the old marvel universe? And then Battleworld was around for 8 years right? So that makes here 12.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Artists' concept/rendition of Valeria has definitely caused confusion, even going back to prior Fantastic Four runs. I still don't know for sure here if Valeria is the biological child of Consort Sue (still not convinced she's a mind-wiped Susan Richards) and Victor. If so, she could be 7 years old. But then who is this Franklin? I'm waiting to see the final reveal on this and it may throw us all for a loop.
    .....And speaking of Franklin, anybody looking forward to a Franklin-controlled Galactus vs. Gigantic Thing battle...?!!?

I'm still excited for this even though it feels like this book doesn't even matter anymore now that ANAD Marvel is well underway, this would've been so much more exciting if it can out as scheduled and before ANAD Marvel.
    Favorite Marvel Superheroes (in no particular order): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Wolverine (Logan), Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Black Bolt, Deadpool, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), The Thing, Cyclops, Emma Frost.

Favorite DC Superheroes (in no particular order): Batman, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Zatanna, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Canary, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Shazam.