Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

It's too early to make conclusions, but Gentleman Ghost, Onomatopoeia and Clayface are the only designs I like here.

Incredible Member

I don't like that Selina costume. Why isn't she in her iconic grey/black one from TAS?

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I don't like that Selina costume. Why isn't she in her iconic grey/black one from TAS?
    TCC draws on the Golden Age and isn’t connected to the DCAU despite having similar designs.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Two-Face with more realistic scarring looks weird in an animated medium, especially when one of the other designs are trying that hard to be realistic.

Why would you have Harley seemingly without Joker and without her traditional color scheme? It makes her look more like Jewelee than Harley.

If Onomatopoeia is actually in it, that would be the second time they've used a Green Arrow villain in a Bruce Timm Batman cartoon.

Mighty Member

I feel pretty mixed about these designs overall. I dig what they're doing with Alfred, Harley, and Clayface. They have the best Golden Age designs, especially for Harley who's relatively modern. Onomatopoeia looks good, but I'm annoyed that we're getting another hero's villain in this. Same with Gentleman Ghost. I like the idea of him as a highway man, but I don't want to see his face. I'm mixed with Catwoman who doesn't look bad, but doesn't stand out much either. I like what they're trying with Two-Face with his more realistic burns, but I'll wait until I see it in animation. Renee has my least favorite design. She looks more like a friendly secretary than a tough cop.

I appreciate that these women don't look too much like the typical Timm women and are breaking the mold a bit. Nocturna's probably the most Timm design there, but she's also a bit plain. I'm surprised they changed the design from the original B:TAS concept art. I'd like to see these design in motion in the future, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why would you have Harley seemingly without Joker and without her traditional color scheme? It makes her look more like Jewelee than Harley.

If Onomatopoeia is actually in it, that would be the second time they've used a Green Arrow villain in a Bruce Timm Batman cartoon.
    There's a chance Joker could still pop up. The Gordons aren't shown here and I remember hearing that Penguin would also show up.

It's technically three times, since B:TAS used both Clock King and Count Vertigo. Though the Adam West show used CK first and even pulled villains from Superman.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I feel pretty mixed about these designs overall. I dig what they're doing with Alfred, Harley, and Clayface. They have the best Golden Age designs, especially for Harley who's relatively modern. Onomatopoeia looks good, but I'm annoyed that we're getting another hero's villain in this. Same with Gentleman Ghost. I like the idea of him as a highway man, but I don't want to see his face. I'm mixed with Catwoman who doesn't look bad, but doesn't stand out much either. I like what they're trying with Two-Face with his more realistic burns, but I'll wait until I see it in animation. Renee has my least favorite design. She looks more like a friendly secretary than a tough cop.

I appreciate that these women don't look too much like the typical Timm women and are breaking the mold a bit. Nocturna's probably the most Timm design there, but she's also a bit plain. I'm surprised they changed the design from the original B:TAS concept art. I'd like to see these design in motion in the future, at least.
    I just don't get why they would change Harley's color scheme. It's like suddenly giving Batman a pure red costume.

Two-Face with realistic burns feels weird for a cartoon. Like, if you have Catwoman running around in her Golden Age costume (which surprises me enough as is), why would you want a realistic Two-Face? It also looks like a pain to animate with that detail.

I would not have known that was Renee Monotya unless it was on the design sheet.

Nocturna looks like a teenager from that design sheet. Maybe once she goes full vampire mode she'll have a design closer to the original concept or her comic look.
    There's a chance Joker could still pop up. The Gordons aren't shown here and I remember hearing that Penguin would also show up.

It's technically three times, since B:TAS used both Clock King and Count Vertigo. Though the Adam West show used CK first and even pulled villains from Superman.
    I'm partially skeptical because we don't see the Gordon designs because it would be easier to corroborate if it's fake or not for anyone who had actually seen them.

I always forget Clock King was originally a Green Arrow villain.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post

Selina’s design (not necessarily her costume, I’m talking just her overall design) actually feels like it clashes a bit with the direction of these other designs.

The dudes all look like early Golden Age, Dick Tracy-inspired villains with restrained color palette - and the gold and black look for Harley, as well as the hint of a mask as opposed to a paint job, also feels more restrained than Catwoman’s.

I mean, technically, her costume and design here comes from the late Golden Age, and looks like it’s been very faithfully adapted in a very colorful way - which are both design elements going against the rest of the designs here.

I mean, Batman’s original Hot Goth With Cleavage is Wednesday Addams here; that’s not moving the same way as the purple dress look.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Selina’s design (not necessarily her costume, I’m talking just her overall design) actually feels like it clashes a bit with the direction of these other designs.

The dudes all look like early Golden Age, Dick Tracy-inspired villains with restrained color palette - and the gold and black look for Harley, as well as the hint of a mask as opposed to a paint job, also feels more restrained than Catwoman’s.

I mean, technically, her costume and design here comes from the late Golden Age, and looks like it’s been very faithfully adapted in a very colorful way - which are both design elements going against the rest of the designs here.

I mean, Batman’s original Hot Goth With Cleavage is Wednesday Addams here; that’s not moving the same way as the purple dress look.
    She does look more like Brave and the Bold Catwoman in a Bruce Timm art style, though Harley still looks pretty outlandish.

If these leaks are indeed real, I'm very underwhelmed.

Catwoman deserved better. But at least Harvey looks good. No comment about Harleen.

Okay no, the images got a copyright strike. They are real.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Onomatopoeia looks positively dapper, love his design.

I like the golden age aesthetic, certainly a nice throwback with how increasingly advanced in tech and cyberpunk recent Batman stories can be.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Nocturna looks like a teenager from that design sheet. Maybe once she goes full vampire mode she'll have a design closer to the original concept or her comic look.
    This made me laugh as I immediately thought of Nezuko... Lol.

I always forget Clock King was originally a Green Arrow villain.
    Also Vertigo.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Interesting if earlier reports are true, that at one point Selina was black and then they changed her back to white. Perhaps there was a concern that they were hewing too close or what Reeves was doing and wanted to differentiate her more? Also seems like whatever 3D elements they were planning might have gotten scrapped.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Interesting if earlier reports are true, that at one point Selina was black and then they changed her back to white. Perhaps there was a concern that they were hewing too close or what Reeves was doing and wanted to differentiate her more? Also seems like whatever 3D elements they were planning might have gotten scrapped.
    I guess they couldn't resist with the Gordons since they're redheads .

Yeah no what I was expecting at all