Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

The art on Tony except for the 90s where I think it was the 96 book he got a wild look with the armor has been consistent. Also, during Joe Quesada's reign, for some reason and I wasn't a fan of this art style, and I forget who the artist was, but they made him look Hispanic looking and Tony while having black hair is not Hispanic.

One thing that I love about his character unlike the MCU is he's not quippy and I like that even after donning the armor in the early days he remained a weapons manufacturer. That emphasized that while doing heroic things he still has flaws and at times anti-heroish and maybe villainous. Also, his alcoholism. MCU went way too fast with his 180 by having him disable the weapons program and sufffering PTSD instead of drinking. His quippiness was charming at first but got annoying after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Good pick up bro. I have everything from that line except the Mark I and the Mark LXXXV. I also have the War Machine I.
    That's awesome. I'm really loving this figure. It's really poseable and comes with extra hands. I will for sure be diving more into this series of figures.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    The art on Tony except for the 90s where I think it was the 96 book he got a wild look with the armor has been consistent.
    I know I'm in the minority, but the Prometheum Armor will always be a personal favorite...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know I'm in the minority, but the Prometheum Armor will always be a personal favorite...

You’re not the only one that enjoyed that armor my friend. I enjoyed it as well. A friend of mine didn’t like it and I’m always debating with him on why it’s such an incredible suit. I remember Tony taking out the Hulk with his repulsors. That’s how powerful that armor was.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

IMG_6883.jpg Got this beautiful design variant by Pepe Larraz today of the Mysterium armor. Thought I’d share with my fellow shell heads.

Still not sure if Mysterium is growing on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah. I’m so so on it so far, but I’m willing to give it a chance and see what comes of it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    IMG_6883.jpg Got this beautiful design variant by Pepe Larraz today of the Mysterium armor. Thought I’d share with my fellow shell heads.
    Yeah. I’m so so on it so far, but I’m willing to give it a chance and see what comes of it.
    Fair enough. It is at least a unique look for him, and speaking of . . . who (else)'s read the latest issue?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Fair enough. It is at least a unique look for him, and speaking of . . . who (else)'s read the latest issue?
    I could watch a whole issue of people punching Feilong .

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Enjoyed today's issue although I wished Zircher had continued with the art. Ecstatic to see Rhodey finally get out of prison. Loved seeing Tony sucker punch Feilong. He deserves what he's got coming to him. 2 issues left for the series. Hoping Rhodey and Tony don't fight as it is suggested for next issue. I've really been enthused with Emma and Tony's relationship, but i see the ending in sight. They were really there for each other for an incredibly tumultuous period in their lives. Hopefully she stays in the Illuminati so they can still remain in close contact.

There is one issue with the whole Rhodey arc - Amazing Spider-Man contradicted it a couple of months ago. How can Sandman be in Ravencroft Asylum and the jail Rhodey was in at the same time? Why the hell weren't the spider and Avengers offices talking to each other!?! Can't even blame one being out of sync, due to Ms. Marvel and Chasm's involvement in both the spider and X books.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-02-2024 at 03:32 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    The art on Tony except for the 90s where I think it was the 96 book he got a wild look with the armor has been consistent. Also, during Joe Quesada's reign, for some reason and I wasn't a fan of this art style, and I forget who the artist was, but they made him look Hispanic looking and Tony while having black hair is not Hispanic.

One thing that I love about his character unlike the MCU is he's not quippy and I like that even after donning the armor in the early days he remained a weapons manufacturer. That emphasized that while doing heroic things he still has flaws and at times anti-heroish and maybe villainous. Also, his alcoholism. MCU went way too fast with his 180 by having him disable the weapons program and sufffering PTSD instead of drinking. His quippiness was charming at first but got annoying after a while.
    Pre-retcon, I thought Stark wss half-Hispanic because of his mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There is one issue with the whole Rhodey arc - Amazing Spider-Man contradicted it a couple of months ago. How can Sandman be in Ravencroft Asylum and the jail Rhodey was in at the same time? Why the hell weren't the spider and Avengers offices talking to each other!?! Can't even blame one being out of sync, due to Ms. Marvel and Chasm's involvement in both the spider and X books.
    Well he’s made of sand so you just have half a bag in one place and the other half in the other
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Enjoyed today's issue although I wished Zircher had continued with the art. Ecstatic to see Rhodey finally get out of prison. Loved seeing Tony sucker punch Feilong. He deserves what he's got coming to him. 2 issues left for the series. Hoping Rhodey and Tony don't fight as it is suggested for next issue. I've really been enthused with Emma and Tony's relationship, but i see the ending in sight. They were really there for each other for an incredibly tumultuous period in their lives. Hopefully she stays in the Illuminati so they can still remain in close contact.
    Hells, yeah, though I am definitely with you on hoping Rhodey and Tony don't actually fight next issue. I could see a somewhat harsh exchange of words, given what Rhodey's just been through for having Tony's back most recently, but I'd rather not see them actually fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's a very good question there, as someone (still) following the Spider-Man books. Guessing one took place somewhat before the other, but beyond that . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I was anxious about the Rhodey situation and glad he got a new armor and took down the Orchis goons sent to kill him and shamed the corrupt prison warden, it was satisfying. Glad Orchis is going down even if mutants will still remain hated and fear.