Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Does there still exist an attraction between Peter and Felicia? I always liked that dynamic from the early days. Peter/MJ being a couple buuut....Spider-Man and Black Cat being a secret couple.
    There always will be. Just never expect MARVEL to commit full time to it and giving it an actual realistic go, which both the characters deserve at this point. That's a part of the status quo they don't seem to wish to get rid of. That's why when it comes to them, I enjoy what I can for however long it lasts. But expecting an actual 2-3 year run of Peter and Felicia as a couple/in a relationship, is something I doubt MARVEL will ever do at this point.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    more Cho Today

To that Felicia would just say that Gwen was just jealous.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Does there still exist an attraction between Peter and Felicia? I always liked that dynamic from the early days. Peter/MJ being a couple buuut....Spider-Man and Black Cat being a secret couple.
    Peter and Felicia were never a secret couple. They were either dating/sleeping with each other openly or friends, with a period of wariness when Felicia was dating Flash under the mistaken assumption that would make Peter jealous - well, except when Felicia was the Queenpin. Then she was just a villain.

But considering that, whether inadvertent or not, the new mini establishes that Felicia was cheating on Peter all these months LOL…apparently the attraction may have run its course.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Peter and Felicia were never a secret couple. They were either dating/sleeping with each other openly or friends, with a period of wariness when Felicia was dating Flash under the mistaken assumption that would make Peter jealous - well, except when Felicia was the Queenpin. Then she was just a villain.

But considering that, whether inadvertent or not, the new mini establishes that Felicia was cheating on Peter all these months LOL…apparently the attraction may have run its course.
    run its course for now....until it's brought back

Peter's rizz knows no bounds when he can make Felicia Hardy act like this.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

Not if you're a BND writer. She seems more happy with her new gf then she was with Peter so. Enjoy knowing that info and the ship has sailed

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Not if you're a BND writer. She seems more happy with her new gf then she was with Peter so. Enjoy knowing that info and the ship has sailed
    You're aware I'm the one that's been posting Felicia and her girlfriend in this thread right? Her name's Amelia by the way.

Anyway, the ship's never 'sailed' when it comes to Peter and Felicia. It's always something MARVEL returns to, she's had enough romantic interests and found herself back to Peter anyway. It's iconic for a reason and far too valuable for them to ever fully diverge away from. Committing full years to an actual run in the comics with them as a couple? That's something MARVEL likely is never committing to, but that's mostly been the case for the past 40 years.

It didn't end through all the horrible post superior through Queenpin stuff. So it ain't ending just because Felicia currently has another girlfriend :3
    Last edited by Majesty; 04-29-2024 at 06:07 AM.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

You're aware I'm the one that's been posting Felicia and her girlfriend in this thread right? Her name's Amelia by the way.

Anyway, the ship's never 'sailed' when it comes to Peter and Felicia. It's always something MARVEL returns to, she's had enough romantic interests and found herself back to Peter anyway. It's iconic for a reason and far too valuable for them to ever fully diverge away from. Committing full years to an actual run in the comics with them as a couple? That's something MARVEL likely is never committing to, but that's mostly been the case for the past 40 years.

It didn't end through all the horrible post superior through Queenpin stuff. So it ain't ending just because Felicia currently has another girlfriend :3
    "Iconic" is too strong of a word as it's nothing really explored anywhere else. Except in Noir which was dropped out of the blue. When it comes to her they'd rather focus on her as a pride representative character than tie her down with Spider-Man and it they even made a slight at their "relationship" in last years pride voices issue. They'll most likely put her with Flash again at some point then try again with Peter

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    "Iconic" is too strong of a word as it's nothing really explored anywhere else. Except in Noir which was dropped out of the blue. When it comes to her they'd rather focus on her as a pride representative character than tie her down with Spider-Man and it they even made a slight at their "relationship" in last years pride voices issue. They'll most likely put her with Flash again at some point then try again with Peter
    I agree. Felicia and Peter were never ever never “iconic” LOL. Words have meanings and that’s not one for iconic. And not even in Noir, where MJ is the established end game.

They outright said in the last issue that Felicia is the happiest she’s been in a long time with Amelia. And her last failed go around with Peter was a very short ago. She and Amelia are exchanging I love yous and saying their love is worth the pain while they blackmail innocent citizens into being thieves and assassins.

Sure they can retcon this in the future, it’s comics. But they’re choosing to write this new chapter now. :shrug.

I love seeing Fel be a boss, however, and miss her running her own gang. Too bad Jed MacKay is so busy we might not see another solo Fel book from him for a long time.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 04-29-2024 at 06:36 AM.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Isn't that from when she was supposed to be mentally ill?

(Yeah, they retconned that, but it was a retcon. She was legitimately institutionalized originally.)

I think it's fair to call Felicia's relationship with Peter "iconic" next to MJ and Gwen because even if he's not a girl she ends up with permanently their relationship and dynamic is still frequently showcased/adapted and well-remembered and they were together a while in the comics.

It was like the entire focus of a season of the 90's cartoon.

Also Noir Felicia was great...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's fair to call Felicia's relationship with Peter "iconic" next to MJ and Gwen because even if he's not a girl she ends up with permanently their relationship and dynamic is still frequently showcased/adapted and well-remembered and they were together a while in the comics.

I think fandom holds it in higher regard than Marvel. And I'm not just talking about the Wells run. Life Story also completely ignored it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I think fandom holds it in higher regard than Marvel. And I'm not just talking about the Wells run. Life Story also completely ignored it.
    naw that just chip remember he made Peter cheat on BC during his spider shadow story as well
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    naw that just chip remember he made Peter cheat on BC during his spider shadow story as well
    The only other writer who has done anything with the pairing in the last few years is Wells. And we saw how little he cared about it.

I wouldn't describe Peter x Felicia as "iconic." (Hell, I wouldn't describe Peter x Gwen as "iconic." The most iconic thing about that relationship is she died.)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 04-29-2024 at 11:34 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I didn't say that Felicia wasn't great, in Noir or otherwise! She's awesome! She's a great character and can be and do a LOT more than just be the occasional rebound for Peter when MJ isn't around.

But I wouldn't call her relationship with Peter "iconic." It's barely shown up in adaptations. And even in the 90s series, the love of Fel's life was Morbius and then she got engaged to Jason Macendale.

— Stan Lee