Page 67 of 97 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1442

Carlos Gomez, I think? Say what you will about the story, the art was great.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Going back to comics a sec I saw this pic again and it pases the eye test. When I saw it I immediately went back to admire the art again. Eyecatching af

Great art for an extremely half-baked story unfortunately.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Carlos Gomez, I think? Say what you will about the story, the art was great.
    Yep Carlos. Definitely top 5 Gambit comic artists for me

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Yep Carlos. Definitely top 5 Gambit comic artists for me
    If ever they make a new Gambit solo book or mini, I would love to see him as the artist. He's great.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

I picked up the free comic book with Uncanny in it. It was totally focused on Jubilee, and so I will do a review thread elsewhere, but I liked it. It felt character-based in a way the books haven't for a while. I am very excited to see what Simone will bring to Rogue and Gambit.

And, of course, the Marquez art was top tier.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I picked up the free comic book with Uncanny in it. It was totally focused on Jubilee, and so I will do a review thread elsewhere, but I liked it. It felt character-based in a way the books haven't for a while. I am very excited to see what Simone will bring to Rogue and Gambit.

If Gail Simome write like Birds Of Pray, UCX to be amazing

It's a solid little story. I get bored easily without Gambit or Rogue and this Jubes story had me interested, so I think we're in for a treat with this series. Art was beautiful as expected.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    If ever they make a new Gambit solo book or mini, I would love to see him as the artist. He's great.
    To the utmost, I agree.

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Ooh, what issue is that from? I don't recognize it immediately, and that surprises me. I must read it now!

Ooh, what issue is that from? I don't recognize it immediately, and that surprises me. I must read it now!
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Astonishing Member

Maybe not, lol…it had some pretty art, but the story was terrible.

Even if someone is paying you to read it I would advise against it. That mini is the most compelling argument to split up Romy I have ever come across. Mind you; split up not only as in a couple but as friends to.
    Last edited by Malachi; 05-04-2024 at 10:02 PM.

I don’t think we’re getting Remy’s resurrection until the finale at the earliest, and I’m nervous that Rogue might be stuck in her coma until then, too. (The Krakoa PSTD is real.)

But also:

…I still think Val is Mystique.

Way too much evidence has piled up at this point.

Her “disappearance” between the massacre, funeral, Genoshan clean-up, and showing up at Bastion’s lair was sus. The tone she used to speak to Magneto when they were alone seemed overly familiar. Her calling Xavier “Charles” was odd. Her pronoun usage in the speech about mutant genocide could apply to humans or mutants. We never actually see a Sentinel scan and dismiss her at the gala, because other characters keep jumping in to distract them. The shadowed blue lighting on her face when she says “Magneto is right” felt like a visual cue. And she was way too shook by Magneto revealing his plan to make Rogue his queen.

(And no, I don’t buy DeMayo claiming it was just because she was frightened of the political power they could wield together lol.)

She also had a strange look on her face when Rogue first floated down at the gala, all dolled up - almost a smile:

Plus, there’s other context clues from this season: the picture of Dr. Adler with Forge and Bastion. The flashbacks of Mystique in only her blonde disguise. Her buddy, Sinister, hanging around. The little references to Apocalypse all season. And this is now the second episode featuring Val where either Rogue or Kurt directly mention Mystique as their mother.

616 Mystique spends a lot of time blaming Charles for Rogue’s defection. XTAS 92 Mystique was more interested in using Apocalypse - or Carol Danvers - as ways to manipulate her into leaving the team.

Which is why the “but what reason does she have to pose as Val???” criticism always struck me as funny. This woman’s not always a critical thinker, especially when she wants revenge - and there are plenty of convoluted excuses they could conjure. Not to mention that this series loves retcons and misdirects. Would not be surprised to learn she was working with four separate factions and playing them all against each other by the finale.

(Would also not be upset if this is how we’re introduced to Destiny: “idk man I was just following her visions.”)

But with the Magneto/Rogue retcon, I wonder if 97’s Mystique blames Magneto for scaring her daughter away with his ideology, since it seems to tie their “breakup” as concurrent with her leaving the Brotherhood. It’s interesting that they used the AOA take on their history, making Raven responsible for their introduction (versus 616, where I don’t think we’ve ever seen her opinion on said relationship— she was always too busy bashing Remy lol). It also adds a secret history between Mystique and Magneto that’s nonexistent in both 616 and 92.

I wouldn’t be shocked if she had something to do with Magneto inheriting the team and Xavier’s estate, with or without his knowledge. (Maybe with the goal of his securing Genosha’s UN entry, as Rogue guessed. Maybe to sow discord among the team. Or maybe… to set him up for something she wasn’t fully privy to. I don’t think her apology was just for Genosha. She helped put a target on him.) Storm’s depowering in 616 was also the result of Mystique trying to get Rogue back. That beat could be ignored, or retrofitted to something else that hasn’t been revealed to us yet… but it’s interesting that this time, Storm was trying to protect Magneto instead of Rogue. (And Remy saying that it “should have” been Magneto, not Storm, could have also been a sneaky clue.)

To me, this look isn’t giving a scared human thinking “oh no mutants will be unstoppable under this power couple!!” This is someone who looks absolutely sucker-punched. Whatever secret plan she thought she had in motion, this reveal just soured it. Rogue tells Remy that Magneto didn’t want anyone to find out about their relationship. I don’t think Xavier was the only one he was worried about.

Unfortunately for Mystique, Bastion is very smart. He was counting on Magneto to be freed, but I don’t think he planned on a contrite human with a change of heart to do it. A mutant ex-ally of said prisoner, however…

Still convinced that she was disguised as Aurora at Gambit’s funeral, too. “Val” didn’t show up at Bastion’s lair straight away, long enough for Kelly to declare her missing; girl had time to multitask.

(And honestly… it would be pretty wild if Mystique of all people ends up as the one helping Apocalypse and/or Sinister resurrect Gambit.)

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Maybe not, lol…it had some pretty art, but the story was terrible.
    Wait. Is that the 2023 Rogue and Gambit miniseries? That would explain why I don't recognize it. I read that exactly once and immediately resolved to forget it existed. In my mind, it's a whole lot of blank pages and a gumbo recipe.

I'm oddly proud of my brain in this moment. It may be the Omega of.nof remembering that comic.
    Last edited by DearMachine; 05-05-2024 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post
    I don’t think we’re getting Remy’s resurrection until the finale at the earliest, and I’m nervous that Rogue might be stuck in her coma until then, too. (The Krakoa PSTD is real.)

But also:

…I still think Val is Mystique.
    I agree on both counts. Next episode will be Mags against Bastion. I don't think there will be anything Gambit related in the next episode. If it's going to happen or be alluded to, it'll be in episode 10. I'm also assuming Rogue might still be in a coma next episode.

I would be shocked if Val wasn't Mystique. That's a good reason as to why Nightcrawler keeps emphasizing his sibling relationship with Rogue: Mommy's coming, LOL. Also, doesn't Bastion kill Nightcrawler in the comics? Imagine a scenario where this Rogue looses both Gambit and Nightcrawler in quick succession. Yiiikes.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 05-05-2024 at 04:57 AM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.