Page 367 of 468 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417467 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 7018

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Trump found in contempt of the gag order again. He wants the spectacle of getting thrown in jail at this point. He won't stop.
    Put him in Riker's. He'll apologize and comply in ten seconds.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump found in contempt of the gag order again. He wants the spectacle of getting thrown in jail at this point. He won't stop.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I suspect the judge is trying his damndest to avoid doing that. Tossing Trump's orange ass in Rikers would turn him into a martyr and inflame his supporters, and that would REALLY kick the circus into high gear. While seeing Trump do a perp walk to the pokey live would make millions cheer (myself included), in the long run, it won't solve anything, other than put the trial on hold until he learns to behave, which, of course, won't happen.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I suspect the judge is trying his damndest to avoid doing that. Tossing Trump's orange ass in Rikers would turn him into a martyr and inflame his supporters, and that would REALLY kick the circus into high gear. While seeing Trump do a perp walk to the pokey live would make millions cheer (myself included), in the long run, it won't solve anything, other than put the trial on hold until he learns to behave, which, of course, won't happen.
    Of course, they are all giving him way more leeway than any other citizen because they know full well the microscope they are under. Any appeal at this point they can argue any normal person would have long been jailed for witness tampering, threats against the court and families. He can't claim he is being treated unfairly when he is being given so much extra consideration than any other defendant. Well we all know he will still claim it. But, it would be ridiculous and easily argued how much he has gotten away with in order to be "fair".

Of course, they are all giving him way more leeway than any other citizen because they know full well the microscope they are under. Any appeal at this point they can argue any normal person would have long been jailed for witness tampering, threats against the court and families. He can't claim he is being treated unfairly when he is being given so much extra consideration than any other defendant. Well we all know he will still claim it. But, it would be ridiculous and easily argued how much he has gotten away with in order to be "fair".
    Otherwise known as, give the defendant enough rope, and he'll hang himself. Yeah, anyone else would've been jailed LONG ago, but, Trump isn't anyone else, that's why the judge is giving him a sh*tton of leeway.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

The judge literally said today "I am doing my damndest to avoid that because I know you think you want this, but if you continue to be a menace, I will throw your orange ass in jail."

(or words to that effect)

Here are the judge's words as transcribed by journalist Adam Klasfeld:

Going forward, this court will have to consider a jail sanction.

"The last thing that I want to do is to put you in jail," calling it a last resort.

The judge notes that Trump is a former president and possibly a future one.

"The magnitude of such a decision is not lost on me, but at the end of the day, I have a job to do."

Trump's defiance of the gag order threatens the integrity of the proceedings and constitute "direct attack on the rule of law," he says.

"I cannot allow that to continue."

After that warning, Merchan hands physical copies of his decision to the parties.

Today, Bernie Sanders announced his retirem...

Just kidding. He will Dian-Feinstein the heck out of it and announced he will run again, for a term he might end when and if he is 89 years old.

Astonishing Member

RNC, Trump campaign sue to overturn law that allows counting of ballots up to four days after Election Day

The Trump 2024 presidential campaign and the Republican National Committee have filed a lawsuit — it is the RNC’s 83rd such lawsuit in the last six months — to stop the legal counting of ballots in Nevada up to four days after Election Day, even if the ballots have the correctly-timed postmarking.

The four-day rule has been state law since 2021. It states that all ballots received up to four days after Election Day must be accepted so long as the envelopes are postmarked by the end of that business day.
    At its core, the complaint alleges that the law passed by Nevada in 2021 is unconstitutional because it “dilute[s]” ballots submitted on Election Day. The RNC and the Trump 2024 campaign say the law causes “competitive electoral harms” and requires the committee to “divert resources to conduct election activities beyond Election Day.”
    This is the type of nonsense that should get immediately tossed out imo. If the ballot has the correct dates then it doesn't get tossed. These same idiots would be arguing you cant start counting early also. Its either or. You let them start tabulating before election day or continue counting valid ballots when they are allowed to start counting until they are done in this case 4 days.

Even entertaining this case in court is stupid.

Ultimate Member

Otherwise known as, give the defendant enough rope, and he'll hang himself. Yeah, anyone else would've been jailed LONG ago, but, Trump isn't anyone else, that's why the judge is giving him a sh*tton of leeway.
    I think that some of all of this on both sides is to keep the trial in the headlines and on the front pages, by always having new news...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I think that some of all of this on both sides is to keep the trial in the headlines and on the front pages, by always having new news...
    It's a historical, unprecedented trial, that happens 4 days a week with no reruns. I don't think they need to try so hard to always have "new news."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm certain that all the victims of Trump's outbursts are not trying to keep it in the news. All the prosecutors that had to increase security, move residences for themselves and family would prefer the defendant behave and not increase the MAGA psychos threatening them. Not really a both sides issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Today, Bernie Sanders announced his retirem...

Just kidding. He will Dian-Feinstein the heck out of it and announced he will run again, for a term he might end when and if he is 89 years old.
    89? He'll George Burns it and keep going til he is 100.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

RNC, Trump campaign sue to overturn law that allows counting of ballots up to four days after Election Day

This is the type of nonsense that should get immediately tossed out imo. If the ballot has the correct dates then it doesn't get tossed. These same idiots would be arguing you cant start counting early also. Its either or. You let them start tabulating before election day or continue counting valid ballots when they are allowed to start counting until they are done in this case 4 days.

Even entertaining this case in court is stupid.
    However, Trump's legal team will more than likely find a sympathetic right wing judge who will hear the case, regardless of the stupidity.

I'm certain that all the victims of Trump's outbursts are not trying to keep it in the news. All the prosecutors that had to increase security, move residences for themselves and family would prefer the defendant behave and not increase the MAGA psychos threatening them. Not really a both sides issue.
    Exactly that, and more.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Sen. Tim Scott dodges questions on whether he will accept 2024 Election Results

Everyone has to kiss the ring of Trump these days. I don't know how they can look themselves in the mirror

Hamas has accepted a ceasefire proposal from Egypt and Quatar that will see the release of 33 hostages for a 40 day ceasefire.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.