Page 367 of 386 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 5781
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    How on Earth is Gambit's death her fault? He died because Sentinels attacked Genosha. No Sentinels, no death, love triangle can sort itself out in other ways.

if she would’ve told him the stuff she said before the gala before they went to genosha.. he probably never gets on the blackbird with her & magneto
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    if she would’ve told him the stuff she said before the gala before they went to genosha.. he probably never gets on the blackbird with her & magneto
    Isn't that the worse scenario, since more people would have died on Genosha? If anything it was a good thing he was there.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Isn't that the worse scenario, since more people would have died on Genosha? If anything it was a good thing he was there.
    we do not know that? maybe exodus stops dancing and steps up?? lol was just playing devil’s advocate with that quote anyways
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

I was curious, so I looked it up. A SR-71 Blackbird cost about $23 million in the 1960's. Adjusted for inflation that's about $170 million in today's money. The X-Men went through at least 3 or 4 of them this season. That's a lot of moola right there! Better call up that Shi'Ar Bird-Queen!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I was curious, so I looked it up. A SR-71 Blackbird cost about $23 million in the 1960's. Adjusted for inflation that's about $170 million in today's money. The X-Men went through at least 3 or 4 of them this season. That's a lot of moola right there! Better call up that Shi'Ar Bird-Queen!
    Buying such a plane is one thing, but then take a look at the fuel consumption and how much that type of fuel actualy costs. Not to forget maintance requirement and spare parts.

However, it's pretty evident that the X-men's Blackbird is an entirely different vehicle compared to the actualy SR-71 Blackbird and merely shares a similar exterior design. Since the SR-71 only has enough space for two one man cockpits and would definetly not be VTOL capable.

But then again building your own super sonic VTOL transport aircraft would likely cost even more than buying an allready existing mass produced one.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    * If there was any doubt this series was fixing Jean's AdaptationalWimp status from the original series, this episode should put them to rest.

* I get why Storm would be touchy about the idea of permanently depowering someone given her own experience, but surely she must see how dangerous it is to leave even the possibility of Bastion causing problems with his powers in the future.

* "Let me give you a hand". "What is the sound of one hand clapping?". Hank, I hope you don't plan on becoming a stand-up comedian anytime soon
    I'm curious, because it seems like the plan is to ostensibly take Bastion alive, whether he survives the season. Though maybe he kills himself rather than let the X-Men win or Cable finishes him off or Jean/Storm frys him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Buying such a plane is one thing, but then take a look at the fuel consumption and how much that type of fuel actualy costs. Not to forget maintance requirement and spare parts.

However, it's pretty evident that the X-men's Blackbird is an entirely different vehicle compared to the actualy SR-71 Blackbird and merely shares a similar exterior design. Since the SR-71 only has enough space for two one man cockpits and would definetly not be VTOL capable.

But then again building your own super sonic VTOL transport aircraft would likely cost even more than buying an allready existing mass produced one.
    Yep, 1000 gallons of fuel per hour! I imagine the X-Men have like, Shi'Ar 3-D printers or something to fabricate these sorts of things, but yeah, maintenance for high altitude, high temperature flight must be through the roof!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Wow. This is why we need Warren on the team bankrolling them.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Yea I'm not either, though I'm expecting more sibling interaction for Uncanny which is good. Especially with how emphasized the Darkhomles have been since Fall of X.

Considering this is the 90s, if Rogue does take off for awhile I'm hoping we see her meet up with Bobby. Give me my roadtrip friendship moments X-Men 97!

But yea, agreed on Rogneto. I know it's iconic to the 90s but I'm really dreading to see Age of Apocalypse adapted for this reason... as for love triangles, maybe if it's other characters on the team, I'm a bit burnt out on it and need a break.
    UXM will definitely give us the scenes between Rogue and Kurt that we've been missing out on.

I would love for that to be the vehicle to bring Bobby back onto the show. Loved his friendship with Rogue and their road trip. And since this is Beau's writing, I trust this show wouldn't automatically make Bobby a new love interest for Rogue like the movies and Ultimate universe.

Watch AoA go one step further and how Magneto and Rogue with a child like in the comics. I feel that will more or less kill Romy especially for casual audiences if there's a Rogneto child in existence so hope that part doesn't happen.

Mighty Member

Xmen 97 S01x09

This episode was mostly good but Part of it made no sense.

There is no way Wolverine with his mentallic coater skeleton can get anywhere remotely near Magneto "Master of Magnetism" let alone being able to sneak up behind Magneto to stab him.

That was rubbish writing.

U can't "blindside" a person who can detect you from miles away before u even reach his line of sight.

Even when Wolverine landed on that asteroid... Magneto could have EASILY magnetized Wolverine to the floor.

During that same fight showed Magneto making several omni-directional magnetic force bursts..... And yet none of that affected Wolverine?

How?!?

Magneto did NOT and does NOT need to see Wolverine to know where he is.

Even with Wolverine was cloaked on some type of invisibility.... Magneto would still detect the adamanatium in Wolverine ESPECIALLY because of its very unique alloy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    * If there was any doubt this series was fixing Jean's AdaptationalWimp status from the original series, this episode should put them to rest.

* I get why Storm would be touchy about the idea of permanently depowering someone given her own experience, but surely she must see how dangerous it is to leave even the possibility of Bastion causing problems with his powers in the future.

* "Let me give you a hand". "What is the sound of one hand clapping?". Hank, I hope you don't plan on becoming a stand-up comedian anytime soon
    I’m all for cheesy dad jokes Beast.
    I’ve missed him in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Xmen 97 S01x09

This episode was mostly good but Part of it made no sense.

There is no way Wolverine with his mentallic coater skeleton can get anywhere remotely near Magneto "Master of Magnetism" let alone being able to sneak up behind Magneto to stab him.

That was rubbish writing.

U can't "blindside" a person who can detect you from miles away before u even reach his line of sight.

Even when Wolverine landed on that asteroid... Magneto could have EASILY magnetized Wolverine to the floor.

During that same fight showed Magneto making several omni-directional magnetic force bursts..... And yet none of that affected Wolverine?

How?!?

Magneto did NOT and does NOT need to see Wolverine to know where he is.

Even with Wolverine was cloaked on some type of invisibility.... Magneto would still detect the adamanatium in Wolverine ESPECIALLY because of its very unique alloy.
    I don’t think Magneto is an automatic metal detector. It’s not like telepathy (but sensing metal instead of minds). Could be wrong, but I believe he has to concentrate to sense and manipulate the metal around him. And to be fair he was a bit distracted by everything going on in that moment.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

The Wolverine Mutant Cycle is now animated canon!

All in all, this was a really great episode that felt a lot longer than it actually was. So much happened, not just minor stuff either.

It's kind of odd that their new costumes are mostly older costumes. It makes things feel more retro than they already were. I was getting Pryde of the X-men vibes in places.

I don't think we've ever actually seen Sinister fight like this before. It's really badass. Makes me hope he get's a playable role in the next Capcom fighting game.

Bastion walking through the frozen town with his "dead" mother also came across as really creepy. I think Bastion is one of the characters they've actually improved on over the original comic version.

Then we have Morph. Now he's shown us he can copy Hulk's strength (or at least some degree of super strength.) How powerful is this guy, actually?

Now that we've got Wolverine loosing his adamantium, I expect one good solo episode before he disappears and returns as a Horseman.

I have tried coming up with a worst case scenario for how the season ends. This is not what I think will happen, but what could.

1. Wolverine survives but leaves the team to find himself post adamantium. Season 2 keeps him off the team on a Lifedeath style B plot where he grows increasingly feral and eventually taken by Apocalypse.
    Gambit stays dead. Rogue visits the grave to find it open/defiled. Apocalypse has his number 2.
    Rogue betrays Magneto, but feels she hasn't earned her spot back on the team. She goes solo and starts tracking down what happened to Gambits body.
    The Core team of Cyke, Jean, Storm, Beast, Nightcrawler, Morph and Jubilee recruit a few new members. They are the X-Men of season 2. Options are Angel, Colossus, Iceman, Emma, Psylocke.
    Roberto admits he's not ready for prime time. Xavier promises to reopen the school and train the next generation of mutants. Cue the new mutants.
    Magneto is brainfried. Onslaught is coming.
    Bishop comes back with a "we gotta stop this before it's too late" cliffhanger about Onslaught.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The Wolverine Mutant Cycle is now animated canon!

All in all, this was a really great episode that felt a lot longer than it actually was. So much happened, not just minor stuff either.

It's kind of odd that their new costumes are mostly older costumes. It makes things feel more retro than they already were. I was getting Pryde of the X-men vibes in places.

I don't think we've ever actually seen Sinister fight like this before. It's really badass. Makes me hope he get's a playable role in the next Capcom fighting game.

Bastion walking through the frozen town with his "dead" mother also came across as really creepy. I think Bastion is one of the characters they've actually improved on over the original comic version.

Then we have Morph. Now he's shown us he can copy Hulk's strength (or at least some degree of super strength.) How powerful is this guy, actually?

Now that we've got Wolverine loosing his adamantium, I expect one good solo episode before he disappears and returns as a Horseman.
    All these episodes feel longer than 30 minutes. Everything has been so decompressed in media for so long now, having a project actually put out dense, compressed stories has been great, even if they don't always pull it off as well as I would want. Reminds me of Claremont issues vs modern issues.

I'm not super into the retro costumes at this point in the narrative. It was weird when Storm went back to hers, but it's better now that everyone else did too, basically. I did love seeing the Gold team in the jungle; made me think of the OG Krakoa circa Giant Size X-Men #1 and the Konami video game. It made sense in that the mansion had been destroyed, so they had to use the retro supplies on Muir Island.

As for Sinister, he has been spectacular in this series, and his fight moves were insane. He's definitely not done stuff like that in comics, but it works in this animation. He does remind me a bit of Capcom's Blackheart, slinking around in the shadows. I'd love to play him in a new X-Men fighting game!

Bastion has been elevated in this series, but I will say OZT in the comics was a little more interesting than here, simply because they are still focusing on Magneto so much. In the comics is was all about Bastion and the Prime Sentinels, and they were very effective and very scary. We've had shades of that here, but too much more is going on. As great as it has been to see soooo many characters and stories adapted, I would love to see this creative team focus and slow down a bit. I think it could be even more powerful/impactful. Sometimes less is more.

I read Exiles in preparation for this version of Morph recently, and that version of the character was quite powerful. More like Plastic Man, though. Just really tough, completely malleable. In the comics he did less mimicking of other people, since Mimic was actually on the team, more silly/cartoony/slapstick style morphs as part of his humor and fighting style. The limitation of this Morph in so far as their ability to copy others powers has not been well defined, instead used as a fun cameo machine. Maybe in a later season they will get more focus and we can learn more about the exact nature of their abilities. Back in the OG TAS, the episode Courage had Morph go ham with the powers of other characters, so I guess that was the basis for this version, but they could use better definition. Physical morphology will only go so far with some characters abilities, like Hulk is actually so strong from the gamma rays, and I don't think Morph can shapeshift to the level of electromagnetic frequencies, but who knows?

We'll just have to see how far they go with Logan's metal-less period. Storm's powerless period was largely swept under the carpet in this series. They move too fast. They will burn through the best stories at the rate they are going, especially with talks of at least 4 seasons.