Page 193 of 221 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3312
    Extraordinary Member

So I hear dudes are no-selling pile drivers over steel. I guess it's good to have an alternative to WWE. But Khan doesn't seem to be too different. Somebody who wasn't booked right in WWE is gonna get the same type of booking in AEW. I think Cody might be the only exception.

It's currently cheaper to attend two days of WM that get one ticket to Clash at the Castle.
    "When you've got so much to say, it's called gratitude /
    And that's right."
    -- Beastie Boys

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It's currently cheaper to attend two days of WM that get one ticket to Clash at the Castle.
    Oh wow. Some of the prices are insane.

I paid less and got floor seats for a Smack Down taping at MSG.

Extraordinary Member

Big win for Melo over Corbin. Congrats bro.

Jade vs Piper. Wow what a specimen Jade is luvin that outfit.. 1st time she's being tested, power vs power. Jade really selling against Piper. Looking really vulnerable building that face character. Pulls it out in the end. Jade continues to impress.

Montez Ford did some superhero shit with that backflip taking out the bloodline. This guy is money man. Give this man a serious push it will pay off. Dawkins did his thing but ultimately ends up as food for the Bloodline. Them tongans are tuff.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 05-10-2024 at 07:18 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So I read online that In Living Colour’s Cory Glover brought up that when Punk was preparing to return to WWE , the company had its music division come up with a new rip off type song for him of his theme. Punk was like , nah I like Cult of Personality.

Glover has said Punk has it in his contract that wherever he goes, he has that song. Which is unique for a pro wrestler.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So I read online that In Living Colour’s Cory Glover brought up that when Punk was preparing to return to WWE , the company had its music division come up with a new rip off type song for him of his theme. Punk was like , nah I like Cult of Personality.

Glover has said Punk has it in his contract that wherever he goes, he has that song. Which is unique for a pro wrestler.
    Ric Flair would have words with you, sir.
    And that's right."
    -- Beastie Boys

The NWA is reportedly set to bring back the classic Mid-America Heavyweight Championship

https://411mania.com/wrestling/nwa-b...-championship/

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Ric Flair would have words with you, sir.
    Flair’s theme though has some alterations though over the years. The WWE added his Wooo intro which AEW has for orchestra piece we hear. TNAs version was really different for Flair…

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Didn’t really like Dynamite last night. Was a little confusing with the Orange Cassidy match. He was book as invincible. Dropped on his head on the stairs and was up moving around no sellling a few minutes later. No a fan of the professor. No real personality but glad they are hyping up other women.
    Bryan Danielson is a plant for for AEW.
    Why do people hate Jericho?
    Christian is so freaking good.
    Swerve made it to the top at the wrong time. Every other storyline is overshadowing his reign. Who are they gonna get to help him?
    People hate Jericho because of how overexposed he is, back in his WWE days he'd go on sabbaticals every now and then so you could miss him. He's all over AEW whether it's wrestling, promos or commentary and it gets to be too much. He does put talent over in the sense that he'll lose to them but rarely do they benefit from any momentum afterwards. Remember when Action Andretti beat him and Jericho gave interviews saying Action reminded him of a young John Cena? What has Action done since then? He beat Jericho and immediately disappeared while Chris the guy who lost was still in major storylines. Ricky Starks didn't benefit from beating Jericho either.

His gimmicks are stale too, the Learning Tree is extremely similar to the Jericho Appreciation Society. Then there's the controversy surrounding him, the Capitol storming wife, performing at a motorcycle rally at the peak of Covid, hosting divisive figures on his podcast under the guise of "I don't support them just giving them a platform" and the Kylie Rae situation.

Flair’s theme though has some alterations though over the years. The WWE added his Wooo intro which AEW has for orchestra piece we hear. TNAs version was really different for Flair…

Well, Living Colour updated CoP, too, if we wanna get technical. Didn't WWE add the static intro to the OG track as well.

Gorgeous George (the grandfather of entrance music) and Fujiwara had music deals, too, when presented other places for symmetry.

Rare would be the better word choice, but that is not on you.

It's me being pedantic.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 05-10-2024 at 11:03 PM.
    And that's right."
    -- Beastie Boys

Anytime I hear Naitch’s theme it takes me back to Dubya C Dubya.

Loved when he had Miss Elizabeth and Woman as his valets.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Come on man, did he REALLY need to get that win over Hook a few weeks ago?
    for there to be a decent story, which so many say they want more of, yeah he kind of did. hook had already beaten jericho clean.

Remember when Hook was a phenom at one point? Its like Tony decided to cool him off and really he’s a guy who should have went after TNT title after losing to Joe (which I said before Joe beating Hook clean didn’t do anything for him or Hook. Should have been a draw. This way Hook looks good and people whisper….maybe one day…)
    if you want to blame tk for cooling him off you also have to give credit to him for making hook a phenom in the first place as well. it's not like hook got himself over despite poor booking and getting jobbed out and is now getting punished for it.

personally i think hook was/is overpushed and hate the way they've had him go over better talent

man i used to love that show but i don't remember any cory glover, maybe a later season?? david allen grier was my fave

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    People hate Jericho because of how overexposed he is, back in his WWE days he'd go on sabbaticals every now and then so you could miss him. He's all over AEW whether it's wrestling, promos or commentary and it gets to be too much. He does put talent over in the sense that he'll lose to them but rarely do they benefit from any momentum afterwards. Remember when Action Andretti beat him and Jericho gave interviews saying Action reminded him of a young John Cena? What has Action done since then? He beat Jericho and immediately disappeared while Chris the guy who lost was still in major storylines. Ricky Starks didn't benefit from beating Jericho either.

His gimmicks are stale too, the Learning Tree is extremely similar to the Jericho Appreciation Society. Then there's the controversy surrounding him, the Capitol storming wife, performing at a motorcycle rally at the peak of Covid, hosting divisive figures on his podcast under the guise of "I don't support them just giving them a platform" and the Kylie Rae situation.
    all the reasons you listed why people are hating jericho are true and also his face.

about andretti though, to answer your question he's been aligned with top flight and on tv pretty regularly.

while action is far from a huge star he, unlike starks definitely benefited from beating jericho. before beating jericho he was unsigned and never on tv, i try and follow the indy scene and i'd never seen nor heard of him.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I didn't get to watch Smackdown but when I logged on Twitter I see a lot of pissed fans over LA Knight king of the ring match being regulated to a house show and not TV. Fans still have to fight for this guy

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    So I hear dudes are no-selling pile drivers over steel. I guess it's good to have an alternative to WWE. But Khan doesn't seem to be too different. Somebody who wasn't booked right in WWE is gonna get the same type of booking in AEW. I think Cody might be the only exception.
    Cody kicked out of a Burning Hammer at 1 at Backlash. No less stupid than no-selling a stairs piledriver.
    Last Read: Black Hammer: Streets of Spiral

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Lilo & Stitch, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    for there to be a decent story, which so many say they want more of, yeah he kind of did. hook had already beaten jericho clean.

if you want to blame tk for cooling him off you also have to give credit to him for making hook a phenom in the first place as well. it's not like hook got himself over despite poor booking and getting jobbed out and is now getting punished for it.

personally i think hook was/is overpushed and hate the way they've had him go over better talent

man i used to love that show but i don't remember any cory glover, maybe a later season?? david allen grier was my fave

all the reasons you listed why people are hating jericho are true and also his face.

about andretti though, to answer your question he's been aligned with top flight and on tv pretty regularly.

while action is far from a huge star he, unlike starks definitely benefited from beating jericho. before beating jericho he was unsigned and never on tv, i try and follow the indy scene and i'd never seen nor heard of him.
    IDK man, I don't think it helped Hook, I'm kinda digging him now.

But Corey Glover is a singer from the band Living Colour. But I too love David Allan Grier and Damon Wayans on the show In Living Color lol.