Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Reptil had the mini, Raptor is a different character. Hazmat is a full Avenger now as of the Blood Hunt. Mettle is still dead. Finesse went bad for a bit but i believe is back to good now. Striker has appeared at a few Pride events here and there. Am i missing anyone from the main cast?
    Damn, sorry, for some reason I always confuse these names.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Is that j2 from spider-girl in a canon story?

Who is the kid captain america?
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-aaron-fischer

Aaron Fischer debuted in the United States of Captain America miniseries.

Not J2 but Kid Juggernaut https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jin_J...ng_(Earth-616)

Astonishing Member

No, this is a new character named Justin Jin. He is the descendant of a previous incarnation of the Juggernaut who appeared back in NEW EXCALIBUR.

Aaron Fischer, the Captain America of the Railways. He was introduced a new years ago in the UNITED STATES OF CAPTAIN AMERICA miniseries and has turned up several times since then.

Reptil had the mini, Raptor is a different character. Hazmat is a full Avenger now as of the Blood Hunt. Mettle is still dead. Finesse went bad for a bit but i believe is back to good now. Striker has appeared at a few Pride events here and there. Am i missing anyone from the main cast?
    Yeah, Veil. She hasn't been seen since Avengers Academy finished, having ended the book depowered.

You're right about Finesse, she started the second Unstoppable Wasp volume as a member of AIM, but defected to GIRL, Nadia's team, by the end of that series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

A recently, she appeared as a second rate villain to be defeated by the new Punisher.
    I swear, the way Marvel treats those Academy kids is disgusting.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    A recently, she appeared as a second rate villain to be defeated by the new Punisher.
    I swear, the way Marvel treats those Academy kids is disgusting.
    Finesse's treatment in Wasp was especially odd.

The writer took pains to make us empathize with Nadia's bi-polar issues, yet treated Finesse as an outright sociopath, even though Avengers Academy...took pains to emphasize that Finesse was not a sociopath. That while she was not demonstrative in her emotions, she very much had them (to the point of attacking freakin' Magneto because he was mean to Quicksilver).

Veil. She was cured. I’m assuming she’s living a non superhero life now, but I’m not 100% sure.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

The writer took pains to make us empathize with Nadia's bi-polar issues, yet treated Finesse as an outright sociopath, even though Avengers Academy...took pains to emphasize that Finesse was not a sociopath. That while she was not demonstrative in her emotions, she very much had them (to the point of attacking freakin' Magneto because he was mean to Quicksilver).
    Yeah, Finesse has been written pretty terribly. Even in her first appearance, she rather quickly devolved from a unique 'super polymath' capable of picking up new languages, scientific disciplines, etc. super-fast, and focused on getting with getting as much knowledge and skill crammed into her brain as possible (and yes, some borderline sociopathic / emotional accessibility / diminished affect tendencies, but lacking the sort of malignant narcissism that makes such folk BAD), to some sort of third-rate Taskmaster knockoff with mimic-reflexes and memory issues. Huge freaking downgrade from complex and fascinating character to cheap knock-off of somebody whose power was to BE a cheap knock-off (so it's not even an *original* joke, but like the character equivalent of a 'make like a tree and... get out of here!' joke.).

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

I also didn't like how all the other villain girls were "look, we're actually good guys!" like let us have some genuine teen girl villains.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also didn't like how all the other villain girls were "look, we're actually good guys!" like let us have some genuine teen girl villains.
    Minus Finesse, yeah I agree on that too.

Since Avengers Academy has reopened who would you like to see sign up?
    Boulder “Butterball” and Batwing.

I enjoy them showcasing Native American, Hispanic and black characters that wouldn't be appearing elsewhere.
    I see them as virtue signaling as its worst.
    "Look all the diverse characters we have! What? Give them a solo? Put them in the Avengers? Make them relevant in the next event? Oh no no no, we'll only use them once or twice a year in an inconsequential one shot to pretend we care about them."
    And the fact some characters only appear in Marvel Voices reduces them to an identity, while there is be more to White Tiger than being a latina, or to Striker than being gay.

It can be argued that it's still better than nothing. But showing off Noh Varr or Moondragon in MV after they were removed from the GoG line-up for the sake of synergy comes off as hypocritical to me.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I see them as virtue signaling as its worst.
    "Look all the diverse characters we have! What? Give them a solo? Put them in the Avengers? Make them relevant in the next event? Oh no no no, we'll only use them once or twice a year in an inconsequential one shot to pretend we care about them."
    And the fact some characters only appear in Marvel Voices reduces them to an identity, while there is be more to White Tiger than being a latina, or to Striker than being gay.

It can be argued that it's still better than nothing. But showing off Noh Varr or Moondragon in MV after they were removed from the GoG line-up for the sake of synergy comes off as hypocritical to me.
    Totally agreed. I’d much rather have these characters get real roles and spotlights than six page stories with zero relevance to the rest of the line. Characters like White Tiger were actually doing much better before Marvel Voices than now. It’s like most efforts to showcase diverse characters end up having to fit this particular mold instead of getting a true push.