Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

No they shouldn't sell the rights. Just fo better. Thw ship want good. Keep it as s show just redo it imo. Like they should re do Eternals as a show and not force a movie.
    X-Men Forever

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I dont think removing the Inhumans would affect the mutants historically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Well I did touch on the in story; but how excised are YOU talking?

I was talking about the Kirby originals making a noble sacrifice as a way to write them out of continuity while keeping their contributions and non-Kirby created Inhumans in play.
    oh snap, you know what I think I was mixing them up with the Eternals!

so I guess the Inhumans aren't that important other than to the Fantastic Four.

Dang, color me fooled

Dynamite would be a good home for them. They tried to do something with Jack Kirby's old creations years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    oh snap, you know what I think I was mixing them up with the Eternals!

so I guess the Inhumans aren't that important other than to the Fantastic Four.

Dang, color me fooled
    You are probably thinking of this but the cause behind super powers gets changed or added to like every couple of years so it's hard/pointless to point to any single source

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    You are probably thinking of this but the cause behind super powers gets changed or added to like every couple of years so it's hard/pointless to point to any single source
    yesss exactly! This was by Waid if I remember correctly

For something to sell, there first needs to a buyer willing to pay for it and I very much doubt that is the case for Inhumans.

It's a catch 22 because in order to sell they first need to be interesting and successful enough and if they are then why would Marvel sell them?
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    For something to sell, there first needs to a buyer willing to pay for it and I very much doubt that is the case for Inhumans.

It's a catch 22 because in order to sell they first need to be interesting and successful enough and if they are then why would Marvel sell them?
    Why buy? Because it would be an investment. Buy something for a cheap price, and turn it into something valuable. If a smaller company could buy the Inhumans, it would have much potential. You would have a "anyone anywhere may actually be an Inhuman" (like mutants), a team to start from, and a setting that can lead to Game of Thrones stuff. And the hostility towards them would vanish if managed by someone who does not even have the X-Men and has to work just with the Inhumans.

Why would Marvel sell them? Because they're doing nothing with them, they generate no money for them, and doing that would at least give a quick money. Why they don't do it? Because they are not fools. If a random person from somewhere like me can figure out the previous paragraph, then they clearly would as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Why buy? Because it would be an investment. Buy something for a cheap price, and turn it into something valuable. If a smaller company could buy the Inhumans, it would have much potential. You would have a "anyone anywhere may actually be an Inhuman" (like mutants), a team to start from, and a setting that can lead to Game of Thrones stuff. And the hostility towards them would vanish if managed by someone who does not even have the X-Men and has to work just with the Inhumans.

Why would Marvel sell them? Because they're doing nothing with them, they generate no money for them, and doing that would at least give a quick money. Why they don't do it? Because they are not fools. If a random person from somewhere like me can figure out the previous paragraph, then they clearly would as well.
    ^^^Well put.

Only thing I’d add is: Jack Kirby.

The Inhumans need to lose the Royal Family for a while.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

What is even going on with them these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Not that big, really.

Not hacking on them, but they’ve never caught on the way Marvel’s hoped. And not just recently. But since their creation.
    They’re a niche product, much the way The Micronauts, Rom, and Godzilla we’re back in the day.

I bring those characters up because Marvel didn’t own them, but integrated them solidly into their mythos. When the rights to them were lost, Marvel pivoted in various ways and life went on.

Say Marvel did sell the Inhumans off. If it were just the original Kirby creations that still leaves all the Inhumans created after the fact (it happened w. the non Marvel owned characters I cited).

How the remaining Inhumans and their allies deal w. the loss of the entire Royal Family (who maybe sacrifice themselves to save the planet or some other plot device to explain their absence) could be explored over time.

All the above’s just a long winded way of saying, it could def. be done.
    Didn't ROM's comics outsell Iron Man and Captain America back in the day?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    The Inhumans need to lose the Royal Family for a while.
    I think the royal family are all that’s left. The Kree that founded the Kree half of Teddy’s alliance butchered most of them offscreen

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I think the royal family are all that’s left. The Kree that founded the Kree half of Teddy’s alliance butchered most of them offscreen
    Shame as i was rooting for the Nuhumans to stick around.

Just bring them back to the pages of the FF4. Sure Marvel effed up the whole Inhumans thing but a good writer could rectify that. I wouldn’t mind seeing Triton again. He’s my favorite Inhuman. Marvel won’t sell them. They don’t want to be embarrassed by another company actually making them successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post

If a company would want to do that they could simply create their own version of it without having to spending money first. The concept isn't exactly something new.
    The only reason for a company to spend money on stuff like this would be the actual of power of the franchise itself and the built-in audience that comes along with it. I think it's more than fair to say the Inhumans are severely lacking in that department. No sane businessman would spend many thousands if not millions on acquiring a franchise that isn't worth that much.

Not to mention that Marvel couldn't care less if the Inhumans are never heard of again. They have no need for quick money in the first place. They are a part of Disney and they have more then enough characters and franchises that generate income. They have literally no reason to sell off their own intellectual property to begin with.
    "This is me being reasonable"