Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Agreed about Cindy, but I'd go with Laura for Wolverine. Daken, like Logan, isn't really a team player.
    He's more of wildcard and unaccounted for. So i thought he would bring more to the table.

It all comes down to a story. If there's some idea, then why not?
    I was kinda bothered by Wolverine being part of Avengers, because there barely was any explanation why he would join, and why Avengers would accept him, apart from ''he's popular, he has to be there'', though later it made way more sense when he took over Xavier's school and became a leader, because at very least it looked like Logan was kinda representing mutants in the system that was working back then.
    Spider-Man has always made sense, because he's bigger, than people in-universe (and apparently some fans as well) give him credit. He's a highly intelligent, the greatest superheroes admire and respect him, there's this constant narrative about him being the best, his rogue gallery is one of the most dangerous and terrifying. He's on this level, when he can be an Avenger and there should be no questions about why he's with them. And him being part of the team doesn't mean that he'll stop doing more grounded things.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Id add Silk and Daken instead of Peter and Logan.
    That would be interesting!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yes. Some actually sold much more. Different metrics, though.

Peace
    You know, I really don't know when someone started tracking sales outside of the companies themselves! Iirc, aren't they usually just how many books a store orders and not how many that actually sell? I don't want to derail the main topic too much. Just curious.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I don't know how bad Avengers sales are. Granted, I'm not currently reading because the modern lineups seems always very MCU dictated.

If Spidey and Logan are given a better role then the wallpaper they were during Bendis's run then I might be interested. And Spidey has never really been a "loner" since the Marvel Team-Up book was first published.
    The current line-up I believe are Sam Wilson Captain America, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Captain Marvel, Iron Man... and maybe Black Panther?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It all comes down to a story. If there's some idea, then why not?
    I was kinda bothered by Wolverine being part of Avengers, because there barely was any explanation why he would join, and why Avengers would accept him, apart from ''he's popular, he has to be there'', though later it made way more sense when he took over Xavier's school and became a leader, because at very least it looked like Logan was kinda representing mutants in the system that was working back then.
    Spider-Man has always made sense, because he's bigger, than people in-universe (and apparently some fans as well) give him credit. He's a highly intelligent, the greatest superheroes admire and respect him, there's this constant narrative about him being the best, his rogue gallery is one of the most dangerous and terrifying. He's on this level, when he can be an Avenger and there should be no questions about why he's with them. And him being part of the team doesn't mean that he'll stop doing more grounded things.
    Yeah,I never liked that when Cap questions Tony about including Wolverine stating that Wolvie is a killer, Tony quips that he's a 'samurai warrior' and Cap just drops it.

Well said and agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I don't know how bad Avengers sales are. Granted, I'm not currently reading because the modern lineups seems always very MCU dictated.

If Spidey and Logan are given a better role then the wallpaper they were during Bendis's run then I might be interested. And Spidey has never really been a "loner" since the Marvel Team-Up book was first published.
    Spidey's good for team-ups, it's coming up with a role on him on a team that's not "cracking jokes" that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Lol By who?
    From the movie Office Space…

https://youtu.be/A4B0pLDqYqI?si=5jKYyc2taXduWmtK
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

The current line-up I believe are Sam Wilson Captain America, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Captain Marvel, Iron Man... and maybe Black Panther?
    Yes. Black Panther is on the current team.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Yeah,I never liked that when Cap questions Tony about including Wolverine stating that Wolvie is a killer, Tony quips that he's a 'samurai warrior' and Cap just drops it.

Well said and agreed.
    Tony told Cap straight up that they would need Logan on the team in case something needed to be done that no one else could or was willing to do.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

I'd like to see Wolverine and Spider-Man on the Avengers teams again. It may have been considered heretical for them to be Avengers before New Avengers but that line's already been crossed now.

I agree with adding Jean/Phoenix as well. Especially since Bendis wanted her to join the New Avengers along with Wolverine but was denied the right to bring her back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    EDIT: To answer the question about which two characters currently would bolster the Avengers books, I feel like Jean Grey would be one of them. I don't share the affection, but people effing LOVE Jean Grey. As for the other? Probably Venom, given how much saturation in the Mavel line we've seen with him.
    Hmm... interesting choice. I'd call her Phoenix though. You know, cause it sounds cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Tony told Cap straight up that they would need Logan on the team in case something needed to be done that no one else could or was willing to do.
    That's an argument that Cap should have shut right down immediately. The Avengers SHOULDN'T be about that. During Operation Galactic Storm willing to kill split the team.

If the Avengers DID need somebody that was willing to kill, there's a lot of people they can trust way more than Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    And then make sure no one buys the comics?
    Honestly, it needs a mixture of both popular and less popular Characters.
    To get the most eyes on a book, you need the heavy hitters.
    Agreed. I don’t normally read Avengers but did when Spider-man and Wolverine were on the team. They should at least bring back New Avengers, with Steve Rogers-Cap plus Spider-man and Wolverine and some others, while keeping the current roster on Avengers. Maybe make them the more street level/stealth team since they’ll have less raw power than the main Avengers squad.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    That's an argument that Cap should have shut right down immediately. The Avengers SHOULDN'T be about that. During Operation Galactic Storm willing to kill split the team.

If the Avengers DID need somebody that was willing to kill, there's a lot of people they can trust way more than Wolverine.
    Doesn't even make any sense since quite a few of the current ones are definitely willing to kill if the situation leaves no choice. Scarlet Witch, Thor, Black Panther, Captain Marvel definitely would. All of them far better at it too.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Honestly... yeah?
    They are heavy hitters and the whole thing of "These Characters work alone" are said by People who don't really know the Character.
    Especially in the case of Spider-Man, there's no reason for him to be a loner.
    Wolverine at least has X-Men, so I guess Avengers doesn't need him as much.

But Spider-Man should have always been an Avenger on a rotating basis.

I'll fight anyone who thinks otherwise.
    I think Spider-Man once joined the Avengers back in the 80's and it lasted all of like one day if that. It was definitely being shown that he doesn't work well in a team. Of course a part of it was to be funny but still... also I'm pretty sure he once said he rather work alone. Wolverine once told Kurt that he was a loner by choice. What you said I am wondering if you are new to comics and I'm not meaning that with any insult.

Anyway...

If picking between the two I would definitely think Spidey would work better because he is friendlier and has a no kill code, well usually unlike Wolverine and Avengers is in the public eye unlike the X-Men. It was weird to me that during the Bendis era where the X-Men were at their most hated that they had the guy that was killing humans left and right while being an Avenger. Storm would have made more sense but hey, it's about money and popularity, right? Who cares about Logic.

Stern era will always be my favorite era of Avengers. It introduced Monica to the team. Hell, there were issues where even Cap didn't get focus (I actually love Steve). There was one issue where the characters featured were Hawkeye, She-Hulk and Starfox. The 80's had some of the best-selling comics. I think the usage of Spidey and Wolvy at the time had more to do with grabbing more casual and mainstream readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Whole-heatedly agree.

Wolverine as an X-Man? Fine. As an Avenger? No.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-12-2024 at 07:17 AM.