Page 85 of 122 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1825

Quote Originally Posted by Knightpryde View Post
    Yea I've seen a few toxic Betsy stans and Kwannon stans , this is every fandom tbh and its always for the stupidest sh!t.

Betsy fans: Kwannon is getting all the attention and is Betsy 2.0 ( obviously I agree with some parts such as them both having the costume and signature and etc but still. )

Kwannon stans: BETSY DID YELLOWFACE AND ISN'T A VICTIM ( completely ignoring cannon and usually are Krakoaheads who just got into comics)

In the end both are wrong and I like Kwannon aswell as Betsy and I'm allowed to Perfer Betsy.
    Agreed.

Prefer whichever you prefer. Or like both equally. Or neither of them.

They’re two separate characters and I think it’s pretty clear by now that it’s not the characters who are in competition with each other, it’s (some of) the fans.
    Last edited by Kwannon; 05-11-2024 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightpryde View Post
    Yea I've seen a few toxic Betsy stans and Kwannon stans , this is every fandom tbh and its always for the stupidest sh!t.

Betsy fans: Kwannon is getting all the attention and is Betsy 2.0 ( obviously I agree with some parts such as them both having the costume and signature and etc but still. )

Kwannon stans: BETSY DID YELLOWFACE AND ISN'T A VICTIM ( completely ignoring cannon and usually are Krakoaheads who just got into comics)

In the end both are wrong and I like Kwannon aswell as Betsy and I'm allowed to Perfer Betsy.
    I disgree. Marvel could have done a lot better to separate the two characters but instead they have given most things that made Betsy popular to Kwannon like below:

Betsy is Psylocke before the body swap and Kwannon has her own codename which is Revanche.
    Betsy has lost it Butterfly signature for a period and Kwannon has it all along.
    Betsy's personality has completely changed and being too soft and weak. Kwannon is basically badass ninja Betsy in this era.
    Betsy's story in Krakoa is basically being a princess magic knight and takes almost no place in mutant story(except Gala) while Kwannon appears in both. Kwannon has replaced Betsy as an X-Men during Krakoa.
    And there are still more than these.

If you are a Betsy's fans for many years, the treatment to her in Krakoa is really unacceptable. It is stupid to say complaints are toxic or you won't see Marvel trying to fix it.

If they do go the route of them having a close bond it would probably take a few decades ala Rogue/Carol or Maddie/Jean. They’ve had to rehash their drama a few times before they even got cool and with the way comics work i feel like Betsy/Kwannon would follow suit. It’s another reason I’m not super keen to have them together because I do feel most writers would continue the trend of Betsy being in the wrong and needing to gain forgiveness from Kwannon. She was the girl who lived so she'll always be the target. I’ll always think sisters is kind of a stretch for them because every time they meet Kwannon clearly wants no parts but they could thrive as an occasional acquaintance.

I do wish after the Excalibur team-up we could’ve seen Betsy do something nice for Kwannon. Like maybe paid her a visit after Emma controlled whatshisface and the lab with her daughters dna blew up. Could’ve continued building momentum of them being ok with each other but it just all fizzled out.

Random but you know who I am dying for Betsy to meet-up with? Moondragon. Two premiere telepath who can kick butt and have been through their own body trauma. I need it bad. Maybe one year for a Pride special lol
    Last edited by Psycwave; 05-12-2024 at 05:14 AM.

They are not best friends and they are not enemies either, but above all they have a connection, as Kwannon said: "She and I will always be connected. It isn't to be solved. It simply is. For what it is worth, she can't hide from me. I don't think I could hide from her either. Not anymore." / "Our minds are forever linked."

It would be nice to see them working together on something and I really think they should be treated like sisters (not all brothers and sisters get along but regardless of everything they have the same blood and are family), it would be really cool to see a scene where one feels that the other is in danger or something like this (like when Brian felt when Betsy was blinded by the Slaymaster).
    "Fly, Like a Butterfly"
    (Twitter/X: twitter.com/AlanHoxor)

I'm not a fan with the way they treated Kwannon as Psylocke 2.0 (or 3.0 if you count Psylocke pre ninja days). Too many baggages and doesn't seem like she's her own character. Also too many similarities with Betsy (costume/powerset/singature). They should be more creative epecially with her powerset. She was an empath, marvel should work on that.

What I really want is the Dazzler and Betsy reunion. They should’ve been fighting vampires together for a Blood Hunt one-shot but Marvel is scared to make money smh.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    I'm not a fan with the way they treated Kwannon as Psylocke 2.0 (or 3.0 if you count Psylocke pre ninja days). Too many baggages and doesn't seem like she's her own character. Also too many similarities with Betsy (costume/powerset/singature). They should be more creative epecially with her powerset. She was an empath, marvel should work on that.
    I’m a fan of how they treated Kwannon. Doesn’t seem like 2.0 or 3.0 at all to me and has a distinct voice and personality (most well-written in Zeb Wells’ Hellions). She embodies all the qualities associated with Psylocke/what Psylocke is known for and, as Kwannon, has an added mystique given there’s a lot of mystery surrounding her unwritten backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by HOXOR View Post
    They are not best friends and they are not enemies either, but above all they have a connection, as Kwannon said: "She and I will always be connected. It isn't to be solved. It simply is. For what it is worth, she can't hide from me. I don't think I could hide from her either. Not anymore." / "Our minds are forever linked."

It would be nice to see them working together on something and I really think they should be treated like sisters (not all brothers and sisters get along but regardless of everything they have the same blood and are family), it would be really cool to see a scene where one feels that the other is in danger or something like this (like when Brian felt when Betsy was blinded by the Slaymaster).
    Well said! I’d love that.

A mini of both of them in Mapdripoor, written by Zeb Wells and drawn by Dauterman would be my dream. Kwannon needs to get her daughter back and Betsy helping her do it would be pure poetry!
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 05-12-2024 at 11:20 AM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kwannon View Post
    I’m a fan of how they treated Kwannon. Doesn’t seem like 2.0 or 3.0 at all to me and has a distinct voice and personality (most well-written in Zeb Wells’ Hellions). She embodies all the qualities associated with Psylocke/what Psylocke is known for and, as Kwannon, has an added mystique given there’s a lot of mystery surrounding her unwritten backstory.
    Well said. I think the nailed the Kwannon end of things, i think this is more a question of making Betsy Capt. Britain -- on paper a genius solution -- work better in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    A mini of both of them in Mapdripoor, written by Zeb Wells and drawn by Dauterman would be my dream. Kwannon need to get her daughter back and Betsy helping her do it would be pure poetry!
    Agreed! Wouldn’t that be something.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    Well said. I think the nailed the Kwannon end of things, i think this is more a question of making Betsy Capt. Britain -- on paper a genius solution -- work better in practice.
    Thank you! I think you hit the nail on the head as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    If they do go the route of them having a close bond it would probably take a few decades ala Rogue/Carol or Maddie/Jean. They’ve had to rehash their drama a few times before they even got cool and with the way comics work i feel like Betsy/Kwannon would follow suit. It’s another reason I’m not super keen to have them together because I do feel most writers would continue the trend of Betsy being in the wrong and needing to gain forgiveness from Kwannon. She was the girl who lived so she'll always be the target. I’ll always think sisters is kind of a stretch for them because every time they meet Kwannon clearly wants no parts but they could thrive as an occasional acquaintance.

I do wish after the Excalibur team-up we could’ve seen Betsy do something nice for Kwannon. Like maybe paid her a visit after Emma controlled whatshisface and the lab with her daughters dna blew up. Could’ve continued building momentum of them being ok with each other but it just all fizzled out.

Random but you know who I am dying for Betsy to meet-up with? Moondragon. Two premiere telepath who can kick butt and have been through their own body trauma. I need it bad. Maybe one year for a Pride special lol
    Same. I don’t get this obsession of wanting them to be “soul sisters” or forcing them to get along. Betsy has better frenemies in Bishop and Domino anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    ^ Yep, I was referring to that Excalibur issue for the "they buried the hatchet".
    What happened in Hellions when Kwannon fought the Betsy robot-thingy? Did she still blame Betsy or admitted that they both were victim (like she did in Excalibur)? Or didn't dwell on that, and just worked out her rage in the fight?

Anyway, as you brilliantly said, a mini of the two working together and establishing a more closer dynamic would (finally) put all complaints to rest. And we wouldn't still be subjected to the "Betsy wore Kwannon's skin" in 2024.

Can I ask to what you're referring to? Not wanting to start an argument or what, just genuinely drawing blank ATM.
    Oh, I missed the part in your post about Kwannon fighting the Betsy-bot.

That whole issue was about the Hellions being forced to confront their past fears and traumas. The Betsy-bot looked like Betsy on its face. However, the reality is that Kwannon was trapped in a psychic illusion being imposed upon her (and indirectly upon Betsy by using her face) by a manipulative third person pulling some strings (so the bot didn’t represent Betsy despite how it looked. Instead, it represented being forced to go against Betsy due to manipulation by a puppet master who was locking them into the same space together). Kwannon eventually conquered her fears and traumas in the form of the bot and got wise to the fact that someone else using Betsy’s face was doing this to her, and not Betsy (Mastermind). She eventually broke out of the psychic loop and told Mastermind to run or she wouldn’t have mercy the next time.

The long and short of it is that she wasn’t mad at Betsy, and she confronted the real source of her fear and trauma, which was (insert puppet master manipulating both Betsy and Kwannon here). She was able to break Mastermind’s illusion by looking past the illusion of Betsy on the surface and getting at the source: the manipulator who had played them both behind the scenes.

It’s a very good analogy to what was done to them through no will of their own.
    Last edited by Kwannon; 05-12-2024 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

This has been my hesitation as well with wanting a mini/team-up, the possibly of writers wanting to dredge up the drama and conflict of the body swap. I'd be fully on board as long as it's clear that they are beyond all of that and just want to work together. I also see no point in trying to cater to the "Betsy stole her body!" crowd because if they've ignored canon this long they'll continue to do so. The way that narrative gets drowned out is by discussions like we're all having now. Whether pro Betsy as CB or not, it's nice that we're all interacting more openly and frequently with each other and that's how we make that pesky narrative monster vanish.

I'm also ok with them not being soul sisters. Big yes to a Betsy/Dazzler reunion!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!