Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, even though she also wasn't much of a thief past her debut episode and socialite Felicia was more of a thing in the 90's show than the comics.
    Socialite Felicia in that show was basically Gwen. (She even kind of looked like Ditko Gwen.)

Yeah, even though she also wasn't much of a thief past her debut episode and socialite Felicia was more of a thing in the 90's show than the comics.
    In so far as comics Felicia has a grounded backstory (she does have a backstory - it's just that being trained by a master thief from a young age is to the best of my knowledge more something that happens in fantasy fiction than is grounded in real life) - she is a kid from the wrong side of the tracks and has never been a socialite.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Socialite Felicia in that show was basically Gwen. (She even kind of looked like Ditko Gwen.)
    Biggest flaw of that show(which I loved) was Peter having no idea who Gwen Stacy was.

The Felicia having Cap's Super Soldier experiment done to her however was something I wish the comics had adapted.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Biggest flaw of that show(which I loved) was Peter having no idea who Gwen Stacy was.

The Felicia having Cap's Super Soldier experiment done to her however was something I wish the comics had adapted.
    That was by design. They saw no other options for Gwen besides death. (This was the 1990s. Spider-Gwen wouldn't exist for many years.)

Socialite Felicia basically takes her place in the narrative. The moment she becomes the Black Cat, socialite Felicia basically ceases to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    In so far as comics Felicia has a grounded backstory (she does have a backstory - it's just that being trained by a master thief from a young age is to the best of my knowledge more something that happens in fantasy fiction than is grounded in real life) - she is a kid from the wrong side of the tracks and has never been a socialite.
    I don't know if I'd said she was on the wrong side of the tracks, it seemed like she and her mom had a relatively mundane life outside her thief training and her dad being in prison.

I don't know if I'd said she was on the wrong side of the tracks, it seemed like she and her mom had a relatively mundane life outside her thief training and her dad being in prison.
    I may be misusing the 'wrong side of the tracks' idiom. I doubt I've read every important issue with Felicia's backstory in it, but basically relatively mundane with her dad in prison is about it. In other words, one would assume the same kind of income as Aunt May and Peter, or MJ's mother, Gayle and MJ.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Listening to Jennifer Hale over in X-Men '97, I can only imagine she's hoping she can reprise Black Cat at some point.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah, but now the original is copying the inspiration.

Though it seems what happened to Selina here is what Felicia's mother was afraid would happen to her family if her father being a thief was revealed to the public.
    Oh, yeah, I recall.

Listening to Jennifer Hale over in X-Men '97, I can only imagine she's hoping she can reprise Black Cat at some point.
    That would be cool. Either that, or Mary Jane a la Spider-Man Unlimited.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    That was by design. They saw no other options for Gwen besides death. (This was the 1990s. Spider-Gwen wouldn't exist for many years.)

Socialite Felicia basically takes her place in the narrative. The moment she becomes the Black Cat, socialite Felicia basically ceases to exist.
    Socialite Felicia was my intro to Felicia, when I finally got in to comic I was disappointed in that version, because she nothing of a thrill seeker, no backstory, until Kevin Smith try to give one, I would prefer the her backstory from the animated series.

I did get confused between her and Gwen, because of the blond hair. My Gwen is Spider Gwen, I do not the 616 Gwen, I have no attachment to her and from I read she seems a little bland.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

If Felicia was still The Queenpin.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That lucky cat.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Never thought I'd be jealous of Garfield.

Ultimate Member

What, u don't think that his vet Liz is hot...he he

Am I the only one who thinks MJ's comments about Felicia seeking relationships with people who don't respect her apply more to Peter than Felicia? One could even argue that Felicia has been Peter's Amelia at times, especially in the BND era.