Page 87 of 122 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1817

Quote Originally Posted by HOXOR View Post
    Right now I'm more concerned about Betsy's future after Tom's response: "I saw there were a lot of people who were really invested in Betsy Braddock being Captain Britain, and there were a lot of people who were really invested in Betsy Braddock not being Captain Britain. So that's a divide where it's going to be difficult to make everybody happy."

And the fact that Psylocke in the game Marvel Rivals is not Betsy or Kwannon, than their possible interaction (or not) in the comics.
    I honestly took that more as some people are just gonna have to get over it type of warning. Captain Britain is apart of Betsy's character at the end of the day so they're never gonna fully separate her from it at the end of the day. Letting her lean more into it and letting Kwannon and Sai fight over being Psylocke seems like a good idea in my head. If rumors like the Captain Britain show do eventually come true it's mostly a guarantee Betsy would appear in that world as opposed to being stuck in a sea of X-Men like previous iterations just getting cameo queen status.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 05-12-2024 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    That’s so weird though because it was forced on them.

Also they will always be connected that story is literally built in.

I don’t get why people don’t get it lol

And I guess they don’t have to be soul “sisters”

But they should definitely have that psychic bond and be so in sync simpatico with each other.

But anyways

Someone on Twitter said imagine a story arc where Sai, Bess, Kwannon and Betsy all appear.
    IMO I think it would do both Kwannon and Betsy good as individual characters to have a corner stone story together. A place where the average reader can pick up and get clarification on the the how & why the swap happened and how we got to where we are. I think bringing in a third element who can help bring perspective. Someone like Elektra who has also corrupted by The Hand. Elektra is a well known character who shares parallels with our girls most readers have never connected. I think that would be so interesting and could be an epic adventure.. and as you said, the story is already built in. Just need an invested writer and cool art.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I honestly took that more as just a some people are gonna have to get over it type of warning. Captain Britain is apart of Betsy's character at the end of the day so they're never gonna fully separate her from it at the end of the day. Letting her lean more into it and letting Kwannon and Sai fight over being Psylocke seems like a good idea in my head. If rumors like the Captain Britain show do eventually come true it's mostly a guarantee Betsy would appear in that world as opposed to being stuck in a sea of X-Men like previous iterations just getting cameo queen status.
    Yes! One of the things I like about Betsy being CB is that she's not a regular X-men, she's something else!
    Like... Jean isn't just Jean Grey/Marvel Girl, she's Phoenix! Rachel is Askani! Even Storm... and I think that Betsy as CB is part of this list of characters who are something else!

She could very well act in the X-Men as an Agent/Spy, being part of S.T.R.I.K.E. as Agent Braddock, Lady Braddock or just Betsy and continue as CB in terms of Otherworld, Avengers, etc.

Just like this...

"whether aiding the X-Men as" something "or leading Excalibur as Captain Britain"
    Last edited by HOXOR; 05-12-2024 at 02:20 PM.
    "Fly, Like a Butterfly"
    (Twitter/X: twitter.com/AlanHoxor)

BANNED

Yes! One of the things I like about Betsy being CB is that she's not a regular X-men, she's something else!
    Like... Jean isn't just Jean Grey/Marvel Girl, she's Phoenix! Rachel is Askani! Even Storm... and I think that Betsy as CB is part of this list of characters who are something else!

She could very well act in the X-Men as an Agent/Spy as part of S.T.R.I.K.E. as Agent Braddock, Lady Braddock or just Betsy and continue as CB in terms of Otherworld, Avengers, etc.

Just like this...

"whether aiding the X-Men as" something "or leading Excalibur as Captain Britain"
    This is a good point and one of the reasons I was excited about her becoming Captain Britain originally because I felt it was opening up a whole new world of opportunities for her in the broader MU. Seeing Jean and Storm get their solo titles because they're too important to the MU at large to be constrained to just the X-Men is the vision I have for Betsy as well. She can be an Avenger, part of the Illuminati, teaming up with Spider-Man, or working on missions with fellow secret agents from S.H.I.E.L.D. like Black Widow, Spider-Woman, or Mockingbird.

Has there been any crossover between Captain America and Betsy since she became Captain Britain?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    This is a good point and one of the reasons I was excited about her becoming Captain Britain originally because I felt it was opening up a whole new world of opportunities for her in the broader MU. Seeing Jean and Storm get their solo titles because they're too important to the MU at large to be constrained to just the X-Men is the vision I have for Betsy as well. She can be an Avenger, part of the Illuminati, teaming up with Spider-Man, or working on missions with fellow secret agents from S.H.I.E.L.D. like Black Widow, Spider-Woman, or Mockingbird.

Has there been any crossover between Captain America and Betsy since she became Captain Britain?
    Nope, Betsy worked with Captain Carter and the Avengers while Kwannon became an Avenger and worked with Captain America and Black Widow.
    Last edited by HOXOR; 05-12-2024 at 02:34 PM.
    "Fly, Like a Butterfly"

BANNED

Nope, Betsy worked with Captain Carter and the Avengers while Kwannon became an Avenger and worked with Captain America and Black Widow.
    I do like Captain Carter. And I knew about Kwannon becoming part of the Uncanny Avengers but it is nice that Betsy got a team-up with the Avengers even if there hasn't been a solo team-up between her and Steve. Something to hopefully look forward to in the future.

Tbh Sai is a Amaglam of Kwannon and Betsy and I'm pretty sure one of my friends asked about that back in 2021 and she said it depends on how you interpert it or something similar to that .

In the end we will definitely be seeing Betsy and Kwannon skins I view sai as both Betsy and Kwannon rather then her own character really lol

Quote Originally Posted by Knightpryde View Post
    Tbh Sai is a Amaglam of Kwannon and Betsy and I'm pretty sure one of my friends asked about that back in 2021 and she said it depends on how you interpert it or something similar to that .

In the end we will definitely be seeing Betsy and Kwannon skins I view sai as both Betsy and Kwannon rather then her own character really lol

Taking Ororo as an example, what story does Sai have to tell that will serve as a biography for the character?! What's the point in separating Betsy and Kwannon if they're going to bring them together as one in a game?! Wouldn't it have been better to have Betsy Braddock as Captain Britain and Kwannon as Psylocke, both with their independent stories and gameplay styles?!

They wouldn't even need to mention the body swap...
    One would be treated as a long-time member of the X-Men, CB Prime, defender of the Multiverse and the other as a former Hand assassin, member of the X-Men and a Great Captain of Krakoa.

Giving Sai space in a game (something that attracts more fans to the comics), representing the "Psylocke brand" and giving her Betsy and Kwannon skins only adds more confusion to a story that has already been solved. We already have the characters, they just had to work with them...
    Last edited by HOXOR; 05-12-2024 at 03:24 PM.
    "Fly, Like a Butterfly"

I definitely agree , especially since Sai doesn't have fans unlike Betsy and Kwannon so this was a bad marketing decision.

Taking Ororo as an example, what story does Sai have to tell that will serve as a biography for the character?! What's the point in separating Betsy and Kwannon if they're going to bring them together as one in a game?! Wouldn't it have been better to have Betsy Braddock as Captain Britain and Kwannon as Psylocke, both with their independent stories and gameplay styles?!

They wouldn't even need to mention the body swap...
    One would be treated as a long-time member of the X-Men, CB Prime, defender of the Multiverse and the other as a former Hand assassin, member of the X-Men and a Great Captain of Krakoa.

Giving Sai space in a game (something that attracts more fans to the comics), representing the "Psylocke brand" and giving her Betsy and Kwannon skins only adds more confusion to a story that has already been solved. We already have the characters, they just had to work with them...
    Because what we've got so far in the comics is a huge disservice to the original character.

I know a lot of you love the Captain Britain route but if they want to go full throttle with that they need to start pushing it the way they consistently do with Captain Marvel and how they did with Jane’s Mighty Thor.

She needs to be given a top tier writer and artist.

I'll always perfer psylocke becuase Betsy wasn't made to be a legacy character so her being captain britain js weird to me becuase people will always think about Brian and not Betsy. That's my biggest complaint with it tbh but it's fine along as she's Betsy Braddock .

I understand that but I think we’re at a point now where we know that title will not be given to her. So they need to hardline her direction and do everything that can to make it successful.

Jane got Jason Aaron at his peak and Russell Dauterman. I mean.

Yea an A list writer and artist could definitely push Betsy I'd want a female writer like Kelly Thompson as for art Russel would be amazing.

It would be awesome to get Al Ewing or Mike Carey even if just for 10 issues.

I want a Brit to do it.