Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    If memory serves Alex used his powers as a kid and killed somebody with them, though not sure whether or not on purpose, before his powers and memory were messed with to cover it up or something like that. Perhaps it's all about all of those times Scott beat him up as a kid before they were split up.
    He did, but then Sinister put a block on those powers so that that they didn't reemerge until after he graduated college, as whitecrown points out.

His life experiences are different than Scott's, which is why he would end up thinking differently about things than Scott.
    Last edited by Will Jones; 05-12-2024 at 06:34 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I hope Russell proves all of you wrong...because, this thread has taken a very negative turn...not surprising, considering.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I hope Russell proves all of you wrong...because, this thread has taken a very negative turn...not surprising, considering.
    It does feel like people are looking for reasons to complain and be sour about.

Russell has a pretty decent track-record so chances are the book will probably be pretty good. I'm curious what he plans on writing with all these characters.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    It is a visually boring team, ngl. I don't have a problem with blond white guys, but them making up the majority the team, on top of everyone having the same uniform colors with similar styles, is a nightmare in terms of visual distinction. And I'd say the same thing if Power Man, Nick Fury Jr. And Synch were on a team with Xavier and Nightcralwler, and they all wore red uniforms.

Like I get the uniform thing, it's a government project. And maybe having so many blonds will be a story element. But I still don't like having one dominant design type that also matches the uniform. Like make Pyro dye his hair irange or red, and it would stand out so much.
    I agree with that. Though I still would love marvel to publish a comic called X-Men: Blue starring Beast, Nightcrawler, Maggot, Archangel, Transonic, Mystique, and Nocturne. I would read it and be the only one.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Three blonde white men on one team is a bit much.
    Seem like Mark Russell has a blonde fetish.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    It does feel like people are looking for reasons to complain and be sour about.

Russell has a pretty decent track-record so chances are the book will probably be pretty good. I'm curious what he plans on writing with all these characters.
    Yupp. Same here.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Well, I'm still looking forward to this comic.

I've noticed that there has been some discussion as to how the other mutants will regard the X-Factor members. The whole " are they celebrities or are they sell outs" debate. That's pretty much how the comic is advertised.
    I'm sure that the answer is that most mutants will see the team as sell outs, and probably many of the fans will as well.
    And that's cool, seeing as the MU government has been horrific at most times to mutants. So I get that stance. That's what I would think if I lived in the MU as a mutant.

But, assuming that most of the X-Factor team members view themselves as legitimately helping the mutant cause, I think that it would be interesting to see how the members of X-Factor view the other mutant teams.
    I mean I'm sure that they don't hate the X-Men and X-Force seeing as they know what it is like to be on those teams, and I'm sure that they understand where those mutans are coming from.

But politically, how would the X-Factor characters view the other X-Men/New Mutants/X-Force/Gen X members now that Krakoais gone
    Do they view them as dangerous outlaws who are now causing mutants to have a worse time than they did before Krakoa?

Do the X-Factor characters view the X-Men and other X-teams as mutant defeatists who have given up on the idea that mutants don't have to go underground, and choose to lose their birthright to live the lives that all people are entitled to?
    Do the X-Factor characters view the X-Men as defeatists who have decided to become outlaws and give up on their right to self determination and the ability to make the most of themselves? Do the X-Factor characters view the X-Men as allowing bigots to much freedom to determine who and what mutants can be, and dislike that?

A lot of people in real life choose not to take part in the system and vote, and then bitch about how much they hate their elected officials. It's a person's right to not vote if they choose not to, but man does it annoy me when the people who choose not to vote complain about how broke the system is. It's possible that some of the X-Factor characters feel this way about the outlaw teams. It's possible that some of the X-Factor characters view the X-Men this way. They won't participate by legal means, but the X-Men will then gripe when things don't go their way.
    Because there really is a point to be made about changing the system from within. If you choose not to participate then you have no chance to sit at the table. And if you don't have a seat at the table than you have no ability to help to write the agenda. And you therefore have no ability to get the changes that you want. This point comes up around election time, and sure enough I have heard it recently, but I can't remember who said it this time.

I realize that these types of debates came up on this forum a lot when Krakoa was around, and really, for much of the time before Krakoa. And many of the characters have debated this in the comics in the past. But I think that they are more interesting now that the mutants have lost their island.

Now, I really doubt if any of this will come up, seeing as how damn near every single regular MU citizen is portrayed as such murderous bigots that it will be nearly impossible to take X-Factor's side, but it would be interesting to see, to me, at least.

But, I also have to admit that I'm not a member of any minority group so these topics likely don't hit me the way that they do others.

^ yes, Thievery.
    Perhaps it's too a philosophical debate to have on a comic, but I hope this will be tackled in the comics: going outlaw Vs try to work from within.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Seem like Mark Russell has a blonde fetish.
    He's still in time to bring Alison and Paige.
    Or the fetish is only for the men? Only time will tell!
    Last edited by Hakka84; 05-12-2024 at 10:23 PM.
    "I know who I am. I'm a warrior.
    Bad things happen in battle. Warriors get hard. It comes with the territory."

DC--- we need to sit down and have a good talk about Apollo and Midnighter and your failure of using them. Especially during Pride Month.

Bob Quinn's art in the first issue of Blood Hunters in the Hawkeye story was really good. Definitely think I'll at least give the first issue of X-Factor shot now.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

If this team adds more members storywisw it would be cool to add more. Granted more obvious mutants might be not what the Goverment wants but I'd love it. To get differing views thwn Alex and Warren etc. I don't want th eteqm bloated but I'd love for some of the Acadmey X members to represent thier Generation to the public
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Bob Quinn's art in the first issue of Blood Hunters in the Hawkeye story was really good. Definitely think I'll at least give the first issue of X-Factor shot now.
    That Blood Hunters story had great art and great writing.
    I feel really good about this comic. I think that it has a chance to become one of those under the radar comics that people come to love. Sort of like a Hellions comic for this new era.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    If this team adds more members storywisw it would be cool to add more. Granted more obvious mutants might be not what the Goverment wants but I'd love it. To get differing views thwn Alex and Warren etc. I don't want th eteqm bloated but I'd love for some of the Acadmey X members to represent thier Generation to the public
    I really want them to stick to the seven characters that they have already announced.
    But if more characters were added than I would like for them to come from either the Gen-X or Academy X characters

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    That Blood Hunters story had great art and great writing.
    I feel really good about this comic. I think that it has a chance to become one of those under the radar comics that people come to love. Sort of like a Hellions comic for this new era.

I really want them to stick to the seven characters that they have already announced.
    But if more characters were added than I would like for them to come from either the Gen-X or Academy X characters
    That would be ok to Me. But yeah no more so we can flesh out the announced members
    X-Men Forever

I wonder if Sunspot and Karma will play any role in this. I feel like the richer X-Men would have a say in the PR side of things.

Also Wind Dancer is in PR. Just saying Mark Russell. You chose the wrong latina if you wanted me to buy this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That is weird, what I do know that in general the characters on the first solicit are rarely the finished product when it comes to Mutant books, they are a feint to draw initial interest, Dark X-Men was, wow Maddy and Alex and Remy and Warren. Well that book had about as little of Warren as possible. So I wouldn't get too jazzed about the blonde thing. I am excited about the book because I love Alex, really like Warren, have missed Celia, and am hoping that Maddy will soon join the team. It is the only from the ashes book that is on my pull list the others I might sample but are not definite buys. If Bishop and Sunspot are still undrafted free agents after the premiers of all the books I would love for X-Factor to claim them, Bishop's XSE was a quasi government type organization so he works in that sort of an environment and when it comes to PR and the like Sunspot is even better at it than Warren is. I can easily see Val Cooper noticing the look of the team and deciding to give the team a little more universal appeal by expanding the membership. Excited about Reyes being on the team, I see her as taking the Lorna, mother of the team roll, she is also one of those "not about this x-men 24/7 life" type characters like Alex and Lorna. Who always seemed not just living to be an x-man all the time.
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 05-14-2024 at 11:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I’m just now learning of Dr Cecilia Reyes and some new guy Xyber being on the team.