Page 85 of 99 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1478

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I didn’t know about Constantine is it a good run? Does zatanna appear?
    I try to read as little comics with Constantine as possible so I have no idea. Just saw in recent solicits that it went from 8 to 11 issues.

Incredible Member

I didn’t know about Constantine is it a good run? Does zatanna appear?
    Speaking as someone who is not a huge John Constantine fan, I've really enjoyed it so far and consider it good news it got extended. And no Zatanna, this more of a straightforward Constantine horror story series. But, it does include Swamp Thing in the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Let's be honest the only person pushing 5G was Didio.
    I mean, there were guys like Bendis, Fraction, Ridley, Lemire.
    And it's pretty telling that everyone except Ridley ended up just leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I mean, there were guys like Bendis, Fraction, Ridley, Lemire.
    And it's pretty telling that everyone except Ridley ended up just leaving.
    I think what Bruce Wayne meant is that a lot of DC's top writers at the time (Snyder, Williamson, Tynion, somewhat King) didn't want anything to do with 5G. Plus a few high-profile editors leaving.

Granted Bendis, Rucka, Fraction, Lemire and KSD is hardly the worst line-up of top writers. Morrison, PKJ and I think Warren Ellis were also doing stuff (although I imagine Ellis would still have been blacklisted eventually).

Then you had a bunch of writers who came from other media like Ridley, Adams, Sheridan, Thorne, Fitzmartin, Brandon Thomas (plus a few that exited DC before Infinite Frontier like Kevin Shinick, Ken Kristensen or Brandon Vietti), where the results were more mixed.

Wouldn't surprise me if trying to hire so many TV writers was a major reason why the whole thing fell through.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I think what Bruce Wayne meant is that a lot of DC's top writers at the time (Snyder, Williamson, Tynion, somewhat King) didn't want anything to do with 5G. Plus a few high-profile editors leaving.

Granted Bendis, Rucka, Fraction, Lemire and KSD is hardly the worst line-up of top writers. Morrison, PKJ and I think Warren Ellis were also doing stuff (although I imagine Ellis would still have been blacklisted eventually).

Then you had a bunch of writers who came from other media like Ridley, Adams, Sheridan, Thorne, Fitzmartin, Brandon Thomas (plus a few that exited DC before Infinite Frontier like Kevin Shinick, Ken Kristensen or Brandon Vietti), where the results were more mixed.

Wouldn't surprise me if trying to hire so many TV writers was a major reason why the whole thing fell through.
    Some of those folks like Ridley and Thorne and Thomas have done comics before. They are not new guys to this.

Fitzmartin was new.

The reason it fell through-the higher ups didn't want to do it. If you are DC you would have had to pay all those folks axing fees. So you had to let some of that tried to be fixed and we got the results that we saw.

And who knows what else was planned. Remember we got a Jace action figure-depending on how far that figure was in production-was DC going to eat that cost too?

And remember wasn't Bruce just taken out before the 5G rumors? How many times have they taken him out of the scene-yeah you would get tired of that.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Some of those folks like Ridley and Thorne and Thomas have done comics before. They are not new guys to this.
    Yeah, sure, but part of the intention behind 5G was to have writers with non-comics backgrounds heading a lot of the books. It was even reported by Bleeding Cool at the time I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Yeah, sure, but part of the intention behind 5G was to have writers with non-comics backgrounds heading a lot of the books. It was even reported by Bleeding Cool at the time I think.
    Heh the reason why was because of Didio’s experience with the New 52. All the comics guys kept trying to bring back old continuity which frustrated Didio because he wanted to do new stuff (hence the mandate that the first arc for every New 52 book had to star a new villain except JL). Tynion talked about trying to bring back old Tim Drake continuity, I’m sure there were others. So for 5G Didio got people outside of comics who probably wouldn’t be as attached to old stuff.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Alright so do we think this Zero Hour special is an alternate timeline that survived the end of Zero Hour or is this about the version of Parallax from Convergance last seen in Green Arrow?

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/dc...k-exclusive/#1

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright so do we think this Zero Hour special is an alternate timeline that survived the end of Zero Hour or is this about the version of Parallax from Convergance last seen in Green Arrow?

Not really sure what to expect from this.

No fan. Don't care if this is Convergence Hallalax or another time-displaced Parallax, there's nothing about Emerald Twilight or Zero Hour that should be "celebrated" or given anniversary specials. That said, I'm sure Banks' art will slap as usual and Kyle getting a spotlight again is nice to see.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-14-2024 at 09:40 AM.

Oh cool DC put out a little trailer for their Elseworld series.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

When it says, "His vision" survived, does that mean he successfully created a universe where everyone got their "fixed" realities? That's what I'm guessing.

I don't usually like to dump on creatives, but what's with that Quah alt cover? Parallax looks fine, but everything else looks like bad fanart. I can't fault the artist, but I don't know why an editor would put that out there. (just my opinion - it's so glaringly amateurish to me, not just a matter of stlye ... maybe it's unfinished....)

Wait, are they actually going to let another writer do Jack Knight, or is he just there on the cover?

Also, this is probably just a story that takes place at that time and not an alternate timeline thing. Basically what they did with the Death/Return of Superman anniversary specials.
    Last Read: Black Hammer: Streets of Spiral

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Lilo & Stitch, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

Oh cool DC put out a little trailer for their Elseworld series.

The Batman domination

The Batman domination
    Yeah it’s a little ridiculous, I’m really only here for DC vs Vampires and Green Lantern. Outside of those two the only other character is Deathstroke.
    Words to live by.