Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by toddcam View Post
    The thing on the first post says Earth's Mightiest Mutant, not an X-Men character. The From the Ashes thing could refer to her regaining her mutant status.
    The Marvel social media posts say an "X-Man" is joining the Avengers.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    The Marvel social media posts say an "X-Man" is joining the Avengers.
    Ah. Thanks.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    And why does that mean he needs to be in the Avengers? This isnt 2016. The Avengers popularity peaked and Marvel has been working to build the X-men brand back up and he being a mmber of one of its team helps do that
    Because the only MCU movie this year is Deadpool & Wolverine and no one is clamoring for Deadpool.

His popularity alone will boost the Avengers book like gangbusters.

Plus it's his Anniversary this year, all things point to Wolvie my guy

Extraordinary Member

I can see it being a bit of a bait and switch. Cap might form a B team and get Wolvie to lead it. So he would not be over his head in big threats and have time for his personal and mutant issues, and also prop up a second Avengers title that could use help.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I say it's Polaris I would love it if it's Lorna. Just imagine Lorna and Wanda in the same book...with Pietro showing up on the regular? HEAVEN!!!
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-13-2024 at 08:17 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

It's not Wolverine or Deadpool. It won't be a big deal if people who were Avengers before joined up.
    X-Men Forever

Brevoort said it isn't a coincidence that Mackay is writing X-Men and Avengers, so is probably someone from his X-Men team or someone related to them. If it's someone from his X-Men run my money would be on Magik or Psylocke, if it's someone related to a member of that team, my money is on Jean or Colossus.

I considered Storm, but since he said it's impossible to put her on a book and don't have her leading it, I doubt it's her unless they wish to make her the leader of the Avengers.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Max is on MacKay's XM team...so it could be Polaris.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Brevoort said it isn't a coincidence that Mackay is writing X-Men and Avengers, so is probably someone from his X-Men team or someone related to them. If it's someone from his X-Men run my money would be on Magik or Psylocke, if it's someone related to a member of that team, my money is on Jean or Colossus.

I considered Storm, but since he said it's impossible to put her on a book and don't have her leading it, I doubt it's her unless they wish to make her the leader of the Avengers.
    Another AvX but this time with Scott vs Jean lol

Or it could be a mutant thats in Cyclops book at the base just not on the mai. Team. JED did say there were a few
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Jean is too powerful for the Avengers. She owned Nightmare by herself while the Avengers had to fight him all together. And that was her without the Phoenix Force.
    She can't be in a team now, unless the team is made out of Celestials and Galactus.
    That's not what happened. Wanda simply freed herself, then made Thor free himself and the others. He then simply told Nightmare off. There never was any fighting.

Also I think people are misinterpreting Earth's Mightiest Mutant. The Avengers are Earth's Mightiest Heroes so a mutant joining them automatically becomes just that. It has nothing to do with anyone's power.
    It's simply a riff on the fact the mutant in question is worthy enough to join the team.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Jean is too powerful for the Avengers. She owned Nightmare by herself while the Avengers had to fight him all together. And that was her without the Phoenix Force.
    She can't be in a team now, unless the team is made out of Celestials and Galactus.
    No she's not. This comment doesnt even make sense bc if that was the case, she would also have been considered too powerful to be an X-man, yet she remained on the Krakoan team for 2 years up until her recent death

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Summers-Greys are the reason I'm into X-Men too lol. But I just can't imagine Cable on the avengers roster...
    He’s been an Avenger before. Duggan’s Uncanny Avengers run. And it was actually pretty awesome. I wouldn’t mind it being Cable, so long as he’s written well. But, based on Brevoort’s comments about sidelining him and Bishop “at first” in the new era, it ain’t him. Sadly.

I also don’t think it’s Wolverine, but of course if it was I wouldn’t be sad about it and would no doubt be buying an Avengers title again. It will most likely be someone I don’t give a $#!t about personally, and who won’t really help nor hurt the Avengers book sales.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Unglaublich!

I know it's not him, but I'd love to see Nightcrawler join the Avengers.

Until fairly recently, he's been hugely under-used in the X-books and his team up with Cap during AXE was awesome. And there wouldn't be many better fits if the Avengers wanted to properly promote diversity and inclusion than him.

My money's on Iceman or Synch though. Neither have a home at present that we know of and they both certainly fit the title of "mighty" nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    I know it's not him, but I'd love to see Nightcrawler join the Avengers.

Until fairly recently, he's been hugely under-used in the X-books and his team up with Cap during AXE was awesome. And there wouldn't be many better fits if the Avengers wanted to properly promote diversity and inclusion than him.

My money's on Iceman or Synch though. Neither have a home at present that we know of and they both certainly fit the title of "mighty" nowadays.
    I still say Iceman as well he's an Omega so Mighty Fits plus he's not on a team and while this doesn't matter to me for Marvel hes Gay so it would put a high profile open Gay X-man on the team
    X-Men Forever