Page 129 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they probably would do Miles before a Spider-Man film based around Ultimate.
    Live-action Miles Morales movies are happening. It's just a matter of when, not if.

The thing is I don't know if they'll wait until the end of the live-action Miles movies that should follow after Holland steps down before they reboot Peter Parker in film again.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 05-13-2024 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Live-action Miles Morales movies are happening. It's just a matter of when, not if.

The thing is I don't know if they'll wait until those movies are done before they reboot Peter Parker in film again.
    Which personally I feel might be a little redundant coming off the Holland movies or Spider-Verse but we're still a ways away from that and probably a new live-action Peter.

Which personally I feel might be a little redundant coming off the Holland movies or Spider-Verse but we're still a ways away from that and probably a new live-action Peter.
    By "those movies," I meant the live-action Miles movies that seem like they're going to follow the Holland film series.

(I edited for clarity.)

I’m sure Pete’s fine.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post

I’m sure Pete’s fine.
    kingpin looking like gear 4
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I’m sure Pete’s fine.
    Just walk it off Pete!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I’m sure Pete’s fine.
    What are those tatoos about...?

What are those tatoos about...?
    An inked up Kingpin is certainly a new aesthetic choice lol. Might just be variant cover fiat, or maybe 6160 Fisk actually does have them.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    An inked up Kingpin is certainly a new aesthetic choice lol. Might just be variant cover fiat, or maybe 6160 Fisk actually does have them.
    Ultimate Spider-Man and designs that don't win me over, name a better duo .

The thing is I don't know if they'll wait until the end of the live-action Miles movies that should follow after Holland steps down before they reboot Peter Parker in film again.
    The live-action Miles films would likely be in the MCU, so scheduling will be dependent on what's going on there.

An Ultimate Spider-Man film could be in its old world. It's not really dependent on anything else. The main reason for Sony to wait a bit with it is that the material is new, and at the moment they've got the beginning of the story. That said, they likely have better material now than they did with Madame Web. I think the main reason not to go for it right now would be that they're likely planning a few Tom Holland films in quick succession and the character will likely be out of high school.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

There's going to be a movie based around Hickman's Ultimate Spider-Man. It's too popular for there not to be.

But it should be the main Peter Parker film series after Holland steps down.

(I also think it's just a matter of time until we see a live-action Miles Morales film series.)
    Agreed. That said, I do wonder how long Holland will stay in the role?

And like you and Mets are saying, it's also only a matter of time before we see Miles debut in the MCU too. But IMO it'd be a good idea for Sony to have live action Miles in the MCU and then after Holland retires as Peter in the MCU, adapt Hickman's Ultimate Spider-Man for the next live action iteration of Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I'd wager he does have those tattoos. That said, looking at the pattern, I wonder if they're supposed to be some sort of biological booster or something? Fisk having tattoos is already a peculiar design choice, but the pattern looks like the sort of detailing you'd see on a Krakoan suit. Might be another boon from the Maker's Council after Harry and Peter beat Bullseye in #3?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Billy View Post

And like you and Mets are saying, it's also only a matter of time before we see Miles debut in the MCU too. But IMO it'd be a good idea for Sony to have live action Miles in the MCU and then after Holland retires as Peter in the MCU, adapt Hickman's Ultimate Spider-Man for the next live action iteration of Peter.
    Depending on how long they're willing to pay him, but he's talked about not wanting to do it forever and introducing Miles after NWH came out.

I don't know if they're for sure going to do Miles solo movies set in the MCU though I feel like another live-action Spider-Man franchise would undercut that.
    I'd wager he does have those tattoos. That said, looking at the pattern, I wonder if they're supposed to be some sort of biological booster or something? Fisk having tattoos is already a peculiar design choice, but the pattern looks like the sort of detailing you'd see on a Krakoan suit. Might be another boon from the Maker's Council after Harry and Peter beat Bullseye in #3?
    I'm oddly reminded of when they tried giving Aquaman Jason Momoa tats in the comics.

Or maybe they just wanted an excuse for shirtless Kingpin, which the fans have been demanding .

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Billy View Post

I think what Kevinroc was thinking was that they can do MCU Miles films, and then do Ultimate Spider-Man during a hole in the schedule.

So, it could be something like.

2026- Holland Spider-Man 4
    2028- Holland Spider-Man 5
    2031- Holland Spider-Man 6/ Miles Morales origin
    2032- Miles Morales film 1
    2034- Miles Morales film 2
    2035- Ultimate Spider-Man
    2037- Miles Morales trilogy ends.
    2038- Ultimate Spider-Man 2
    2040- Spider-Man reboot.

One relevant factor is that Miles Morales is defined by his youth, so Sony will probably want to make the movies quickly, because there is a chance the actor would otherwise age out.

They could also go with introducing Miles immediately to have new Spider-Man content faster, although it may be better to leave a gap between the Spider-Verse films and Miles' MCU debut. In this case, Ultimate Spider-Man makes sense once Tom Holland is no longer making regular Spider-Man movies.

In this case, it could be something like...
    2026- Holland Spider-Man 4, Miles origin
    2027- Miles Spider-Man 1
    2029- Miles Spider-Man 2
    2031- Holland Spider-Man 6/ finale.
    2032- Miles Spider-Man 3
    2034- Miles Spider-Man 4
    2035- Ultimate Spider-Man. At that point, Tom Holland would be an interesting choice for the role.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I think what Kevinroc was thinking was that they can do MCU Miles films, and then do Ultimate Spider-Man during a hole in the schedule.

So, it could be something like.

2026- Holland Spider-Man 4
    2031- Holland Spider-Man 6/ Miles Morales origin
    2032- Miles Morales film 1
    2034- Miles Morales film 2
    2035- Ultimate Spider-Man
    2037- Miles Morales trilogy ends.
    2038- Ultimate Spider-Man 2
    2040- Spider-Man reboot.

One relevant factor is that Miles Morales is defined by his youth, so Sony will probably want to make the movies quickly, because there is a chance the actor would otherwise age out.

They could also go with introducing Miles immediately to have new Spider-Man content faster, although it may be better to leave a gap between the Spider-Verse films and Miles' MCU debut. In this case, Ultimate Spider-Man makes sense once Tom Holland is no longer making regular Spider-Man movies.

In this case, it could be something like...
    2026- Holland Spider-Man 4, Miles origin
    2027- Miles Spider-Man 1
    2029- Miles Spider-Man 2
    2031- Holland Spider-Man 6/ finale.
    2032- Miles Spider-Man 3
    2034- Miles Spider-Man 4
    2035- Ultimate Spider-Man. At that point, Tom Holland would be an interesting choice for the role.
    At this point I do not know what Sony is going to do. Whether they will have two concurrent Spider-Man film franchises running at the same time (or even if they will still have the Spider-Man film rights that many years down the line. Presumably they will but who knows what could happen).

The only thing I am arguing is that the next time they reboot Peter Parker in film after Holland steps down, they could look toward Hickman's USM run as inspiration. It would separate this hypothetical film franchise from all of the other Spider-Man films.

Incredible Member

IMHO, USM, at least the family aspect in its current form, would not translate well into a movie. We need to see more of this story to see if that holds true, but the story being told thus far seems far too much to capture the needed elements in 2-3 hours (and you can't presume it would get more than 1 movie).

It would fold better into a tv series, similar to the CW Superman and Lois show, where you can spend more time with the characters and build a story over several episodes.