Page 119 of 202 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3023
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Jesus also condemns the sexually amoral... my friend let's just not keep it going.
    I don't believe Jesus would (or anyone who follows the X men let alone JC) say "This choice between people is wrong"
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

What irritates me the most is that Marvel thinks Scott and Jean's relationship is somehow still one their best, which in fact has not been the case for two decades. They're not Rogue and Gambit. They're not even that popular based on what I've seen and it has all been because of the ill considered decisions made over the years.

What irritates me the most is that Marvel thinks Scott and Jean's relationship is somehow still one their best, which in fact has not been the case for two decades. They're not Rogue and Gambit. They're not even that popular based on what I've seen and it has all been because of the ill considered decisions made over the years.
    I think at this point the relationship exists more for Jean’s benefit than for Scott’s, we saw that he can thrive with someone else while Jean has always been with Scott, they should let her be single with someone else for a while.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    You know what? We’ll never agree, there’s a reason most people are monogamous (like Scott) , open relationships only work for a veeeeery small group of people, it’s not for everyone, most people don’t want their partner to hook up with another person, I personally can’t even begin to understand why anyone would have no problem with their girlfriend fucking someone else, in my opinion, if you love someone you don’t want them to hook up with other people and that’s what Scott has always thought as well, except for the Krakoa era for some reason (bad writing).
    You are correct, most people are Monogamous... but there is a small group of Non Monogamous (it is growing). I personally am Monogamous with my wife. I personally don't like men (in a sexual way). I personally know people who are gay. I personally know people in polycules...

I am not pushing for EVERY character to be ENM... but with the shipping wars I do think this could be the best way to have there cake and eat it too.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    You are correct, most people are Monogamous... but there is a small group of Non Monogamous (it is growing). I personally am Monogamous with my wife. I personally don't like men (in a sexual way). I personally know people who are gay. I personally know people in polycules...

I am not pushing for EVERY character to be ENM... but with the shipping wars I do think this could be the best way to have there cake and eat it too.
    I completely understand your point of view. But personally I prefer Scott and Jean's relationship in the 90s so I have to disagree with you. But they're comics right? There's something for everyone to enjoy and we just don't have to form the same opinions about them

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    I think at this point the relationship exists more for Jean’s benefit than for Scott’s, we saw that he can thrive with someone else while Jean has always been with Scott, they should let her be single with someone else for a while.
    Yeah, the way Duggan wrote Scott and Jean's relationship was horrendous. Scott simply was a total loser there.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    Interesting. I remember a month or so ago, Cyclops' voice actor said Cyclops would be making a decision in the series and he was curious to see the response it gets from fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    While Cyclops has been portrayed rather well and treated much better than the comics, I still find it a bit odd that Cyclops' stories mostly revolve around his most questionable/divisive moments. I'm not too fond of adding another one this season.
    I mean, it's pretty obvious Scott will become the Magneto's to Storm's Xavier, right?

Then we'll get Jogan and Evil!Scott being butthurt about it. Then we'll get Scemma and Good!Jean will be butthurt about it. My preemptive condolences to Jott fans, btw. Then the show will get cancelled and folks who didn't stick around for the entirety of Storm's tenure as leader during Seasons 2 and 3 will be labelled as sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, Zionist and somehow Nazi too.

This totally not dumb culture war is so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I mean, it's pretty obvious Scott will become the Magneto's to Storm's Xavier, right?

Then we'll get Jogan and Evil!Scott being butthurt about it. Then we'll get Scemma and Good!Jean will be butthurt about it. My preemptive to Jott fans, btw. Then the show will get cancelled and folks who didn't stick around for the entirety of Storm's tenure as leader during Seasons 2 and 3 will be labelled as sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, Zionist and somehow Nazi too.

This was just hilarious lmao

Incredible Member

I completely understand your point of view. But personally I prefer Scott and Jean's relationship in the 90s so I have to disagree with you. But they're comics right? There's something for everyone to enjoy and we just don't have to form the same opinions about them
    exactly I want an evolution and growth you want to go back to 90s... I started to read in X cutioner song so I remember those days well, and I HATED jean and logan in AoA... but those days are long gone, heck my niece wasn't alive when jean died, and she is getting ready to learn to drive. as of 2017 when Kroka started jean and scott had not been a couple for 16 years.

Then we'll get Jogan and Evil!Scott being butthurt about it. Then we'll get Scemma and Good!Jean will be butthurt about it. My preemptive condolences to Jott fans, btw. Then the show will get cancelled and folks who didn't stick around for the entirety of Storm's tenure as leader during Seasons 2 and 3 will be labelled as sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, Zionist and somehow Nazi too.

I don’t think anything so far implies that.

I simply wouldn't call that Evolution, just Marvel not knowing what to do with Scott and Jean as a couple. When they realized what they actually wanted to focus on, Scemma and Jogan were thrown under the bus.

Incredible Member

I simply wouldn't call that Evolution, just Marvel not knowing what to do with Scott and Jean as a couple. When they realized what they actually wanted to focus on, Scemma and Jogan were thrown under the bus.
    that is why I feel that the ENM is the best answer... you can keep all three couplings say "They all respect each other" and have writers in 1 book focus more on 1 and other books focus on another and it not be cheating... no love triangles, just consenting adults being in a minority situation... one that could even get them shuned but people, one might say even hated by people.

Incredible Member

I hope scott breaks out on his own, making a middle ground. If jean is dead I could see him and emma doing it... if not then I see jean going with him.

Then the show will get cancelled and folks who didn't stick around for the entirety of Storm's tenure as leader during Seasons 2 and 3 will be labelled as sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, Zionist and somehow Nazi too.
    that escalated quickly

then why engage in it?

There were two AIPT polls in the last two years and Scott and Jean were voted as the favorite couple of the year. So maybe they should focus on the one that seems more popular.
    Like there are SuperWonder shippers, but DC doesn't pander to them

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    that is why I feel that the ENM is the best answer... you can keep all three couplings say "They all respect each other" and have writers in 1 book focus more on 1 and other books focus on another and it not be cheating... no love triangles, just consenting adults being in a minority situation... one that could even get them shuned but people, one might say even hated by people.
    No, Scott and Jean only work as a couple if they are committed to each other, and Logan and Jean never worked, that shit only exist because of a Claremont tantrum, Logan was a creep who was hitting on a taken woman, he doesn’t deserve anything for being a creep, the only way to solve the love triangle is :

A)Let Scott and Jean divorce.

B)Jean telling Logan that she only sees him as a friend and doesn’t feel anything romantic for him (being attracted to him in the first place was bad writing)