Thread: 28 Years Later

Default 28 Years Later

Looks like 28 Years Later is finely happening guess they are skipping 28 months later lol

https://screenrant.com/28-years-late...d-development/

Astonishing Member

I'd watch it, I'd have watched it years ago when this was fresher for the zombie genre but I'm amused enough time has passed Cillian Murphy moved on from this to become a Batman villain and then the lead in the frontrunner to become the Best Picture winner of the Oscars this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I'd watch it, I'd have watched it years ago when this was fresher for the zombie genre but I'm amused enough time has passed Cillian Murphy moved on from this to become a Batman villain and then the lead in the frontrunner to become the Best Picture winner of the Oscars this year.
    There was a rights issue or something that's why it took so long.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

What was the rights issue?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    What was the rights issue?
    In July of the same year, whilst promoting Sunshine, Boyle said that the story for a third installment had been mapped out.[27] By October 2010, Garland stated that due to differences involving the film rights, the project had been delayed

That's all it says

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Actually, I got distracted by the new 'Lord of the Rings' movie 'The Search For Gollum.' I actually wish they would have stuck to the original plan of making one 'Hobbit' film and one film connecting 'LotR's' and 'The Hobbit' eons ago. instead getting all this. I wonder why they dropped the original plan.

Now on to Zombies... I've become pretty tired of them. I never thought I'd say this because I could not get enough of them before.

Mighty Member

Can't wait for June 20, 2025! Ralph Fiennes is in this . Wanna bet he plays a bad guy who gets infected? Hopefully they address whatever happened in 28ML and grown up versions of the kids show up.

Was the French outbreak contained? I like to think that it spread to other nations before the U.S stepped in to squish it. 28 YL the U.S controls everything with the viruses controlled and released as a minor outbreak by the powers that be whenever their authority is questioned....

YOUR ideas for 28YL?

Yah I am thinking the virus is weaponized but there are still carriers out there as well, capable of infecting people and starting things all over again. At the end, it will be revealed that all of the survivors are carriers who are immune to the virus. And immune to weaponization of the virus, naturally. So the people using it as a weapon will be defeated by the survivors.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Can't wait for June 20, 2025! Ralph Fiennes is in this . Wanna bet he plays a bad guy who gets infected? Hopefully they address whatever happened in 28ML and grown up versions of the kids show up.

Was the French outbreak contained? I like to think that it spread to other nations before the U.S stepped in to squish it. 28 YL the U.S controls everything with the viruses controlled and released as a minor outbreak by the powers that be whenever their authority is questioned....

YOUR ideas for 28YL?
    The virus should have spread like wildfire across Europe and into Asia. After the pandemic and the previous administration you could make a point idiots would allow infected, paying billionaires to fly into the US but the "good" thing about this virus is it's so fast and aggressive planes and boats would be overwhelmed by it before getting far so border containment would be made easier.

My most expected apocalypse horror movie is still the next A Quiet Place, but if the star power is good with 28YL I hope it does well, same with Twisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yah I am thinking the virus is weaponized but there are still carriers out there as well, capable of infecting people and starting things all over again. At the end, it will be revealed that all of the survivors are carriers who are immune to the virus. And immune to weaponization of the virus, naturally. So the people using it as a weapon will be defeated by the survivors.
    I think the condition which allowed to be immune to the virus was pretty rare but that's an interesting scenario, they could need to be shielded by a lot of soldiers or action characters before a huge wave of infected killed them.

Mighty Member

A further mutation of the virus creating more intelligent, organised infected...

A prologue featuring the apes breaking out of the lab and spreading chaos and disease (or maybe the French outbreak)