Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-FORCE is GO! - Q & A w/ Geoff Thorne

Hey! Welcome!

If you're just getting here, this thread is a transfer of the original conversation we stared over here––––>X-FORCE-by-Geoffrey-Thorne-and-Marcus-To

We'll be talking about X-Force (DUH) and I will provide any insights I can to the book, the characters, my notions about this version of the team any anything else that might come up, so long as it isn't a SPOILER.

Please do not pitch me story ideas as that will make me close the thread. I can't read them and, if I'm already doing something similar, you'll get upset if you think I "stole" it. NO PITCHING.

Be polite. Standard internet mudslinging will not be tolerated. We're here to have the fun so have it or beat it.

THIS X-Force is not a continuation of the previous X-Force or any other previous team. We are doing our own thing with a new leader and a new mission. We will not be bringing up any old plot lines or threads from 1994 or closing off dangling plot lines left behind by other folks. This is something all-new and all-different.

Our permanent cast is

FORGE - team leader and mission creator.
    SAGE – Human quantum computer (and all that implies)
    CAPTAIN BRITAIN – Lady Elizabeth Braddock, mutant telepath with some extra juice, doing time in the 616 dimension with her new paramour...
    ASKANI - ridiculously powerful telepath/telekine who once hosted the Phoenix.
    SURGE– Electricity channelling speedster with a massive hero complex (but she's got good reasons)
    and TANK who is, unshockingly, the team's TANK

The fall of Krakoa had sweeping effects across all mutantkind but not EVERYONE is in run and hide or regroup mode. Forge had a vision– the world's broken, fractured like a shattering mirror and he's got limited time and resources to fix it before it all comes tumbling down. His solution? X-Force.

Forge's team will be EXTREMELY mobile, roaming the world from trouble-spot to trouble-spot, shutting down what needs shutting down by any means necessary. Past alliances mean nothing. Borders mean nothing. Friendships mean nothing. All that matters is the mission. Save the world.

We're putting the pedal down in issue #1 and it's not coming back up.

Welcome to X-Force. We are GO!
    Last edited by Redjack; 05-14-2024 at 11:57 AM.

Hello! Will we see the current state of Betsy's and Sage's powers, explained? Thank you.

Just reading this got me excited again.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Hello! Will we see the current state of Betsy's and Sage's powers, explained? Thank you.
    Yes we will see that.

I've wanted to get my creative hands on Sage for some time and now's my chance. Lady Braddock's status as Captain Britain can't be ignored and will, necessarily, play SOME part in our story but is by no means the dominating thread (for now. in the future, who can say?)

I won't lie. This thread's description got me more excited about the book than the official marketing text.
    Geoffrey, can we expect to see any of Surge's old friends from New X-men?
    What are your thoughts on Bishop as a character? I know he's not part of the cast, but he used to be pretry close to Sage.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I won't lie. This thread's description got me more excited about the book than the official marketing text.
    Geoffrey, can we expect to see any of Surge's old friends from New X-men?
    What are your thoughts on Bishop as a character? I know he's not part of the cast, but he used to be pretry close to Sage.
    I'm not a Bishop fan, sadly. I wouldn't look for him showing up any time soon. Although.... hmm....

I don't think any of the old X-Men Academy kids will show up in the first chapter. Not impossible but I don't see room for them as yet. But I loved that series so if there's a way...

I know that you can give too much detail but my question is, for X-Force, what is everyone one's state of mind after all that has happened? Where are they mentally?

Im intrigued by 'hero complex' can July get here already

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I know that you can give too much detail but my question is, for X-Force, what is everyone one's state of mind after all that has happened? Where are they mentally?
    Everybody has a different thing going on. Sage and Surge probably took the fall of Krakoa the hardest albeit for very different reasons and their responses to it are VERY different.

Betsy and Rachel also have different responses. Not quite opposite to one another but different.

Forge probably just metabolized it but, who can say what goes on in that mind?
    Tank ain't talking so we'll just have to wait on that.

As a Sage fan who never liked the alcoholic plot, will that be touched upon?

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Everybody has a different thing going on. Sage and Surge probably took the fall of Krakoa the hardest albeit for very different reasons and their responses to it are VERY different.

Betsy and Rachel also have different responses. Not quite opposite to one another but different.

Forge probably just metabolized it but, who can say what goes on in that mind?
    Tank ain't talking so we'll just have to wait on that.
    Seems like Sage and Surge may have some PTSD. And Forge internalizing things can't be good long-term.

Tank not talking has me curious. Is it that he can't talk or won't talk? If he were to talk would that be some kind of giveaway to their true identity?

You don't have to answer any of those. Not unless you want to.

So excited for X-force. Seems that Betsy will continue as Captain Britain despite the change of costume.

Mr Thorne, in the previous thread you answered my question about if you would explore Forge and Surge friendship. Will Forge act as some kind of menthor figure of her? Does Forge sees himself when he was young and learning under Naze in Noriko?

And if Betsy is Captain Britain and with Forge past as a shaman, will X-force have missions related to magic?

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    As a Sage fan who never liked the alcoholic plot, will that be touched upon?
    no. Sage's problem isn't with alcohol.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Out of the big amount of Academy X students, you've picked Surge. Can you let us know what it is that made Nori stand out?

Can we expect other Academy X kids coming by along the way in your take on X-Force?

Finally, is Tank brand new, or has he appeared somewhere else before?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    no. Sage's problem isn't with alcohol.
    Great to hear. Thanks for the answer.