Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default STORM Joins the Avengers

New York, NY— May 14, 2024 — Yesterday, fans learned an X-Man would be joining the ranks of Marvel’s premier super hero team this summer, and today, it’s revealed to be none other than the goddess herself— STORM IS EARTH’S MIGHTIEST MUTANT!

Storm will join the cast of Jed MacKay’s current run starting in August’s AVENGERS #17. The issue will also mark the debut of new series artist Valerio Schiti! Fresh off his bold work on G.O.D.S., the acclaimed artist known for his breathtaking action and dynamic character work takes the helm just in time for this exciting new era.

Krakoa’s tragic fall has made the Avengers realize how vital a mutant voice on the team is, and they’ll settle for nothing less than the most prominent and beloved mutant super hero on the planet! A pop culture icon, Storm has assembled with the Avengers before—in both comics as well as other forms of media—but never like this! Not only will the Avengers need her Omega-level power for the battles ahead, but they’ll need to rely on her unique expertise and leadership skills as MacKay’s overarching plots involving Kang, the Twilight Court, and more kick into high gear. This only marks the beginning of what’s shaping up to be a monumental period for Storm as she’ll also headline an all-new solo ongoing series launching later this year!

In the aftermath of Blood Hunt and Fall of the House of X, the Avengers are licking their wounds and reassessing their goals. One member takes the initiative by approaching Storm, hoping to add her strength and perspective to the team’s upcoming missions! And the roster won’t be the only thing shaken up when a deadly threat sets its vengeful sights on Earth!

On the decision to add Storm to the lineup, MacKay said, “When we were putting together thoughts for X-Men, one problem kept coming up—Storm needed to have a presence in a book befitting her status, but it would be weird for her to be on an X-Men team if she wasn’t the leader. The solution was simple—she needed to be on the global stage, among equals, and what better place for that than the Avengers? We’re excited to bring Storm back to the Avengers and show what adventures she’ll get up to as part of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes!”

On being the new AVENGERS artist, Schiti said, “As a reader, I am a great fan of Jed’s run, and I really love the way he writes the team: not just as fellow soldiers, but as a group of friends with a shared past. At the same time he doesn’t hold back on action and fight scenes! The balance between these two moods is exactly what excites me the most when I have to start a new gig!”

“I have a soft spot for the mutants, so you can imagine my happiness when I knew that Storm was joining the team,” Schiti continued. “It’s always fun to draw her powers, her body language, and her outfits. There’s just one challenge: you always have to remember that she’s not just a mutant, she’s a goddess!”

Check out Joshua Cassara’s electrifying AVENGERS #17 cover now. Stay tuned later this week for the full announcement of Storm’s new solo ongoing series and reveal of her new costume! For more information, visit Marvel.com.

"Krakoa’s tragic fall has made the Avengers realize how vital a mutant voice on the team is, and they’ll settle for nothing less than the most prominent and beloved mutant super hero on the planet! A pop culture icon, Storm has assembled with the Avengers before—in both comics as well as other forms of media—but never like this! Not only will the Avengers need her Omega-level power for the battles ahead, but they’ll need to rely on her unique expertise and leadership skills as MacKay’s overarching plots involving Kang, the Twilight Court, and more kick into high gear."

Let's goooo!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Honestly, I'm excited for From the Ashes but I hate this.

Storm should be the face of the X-Men, not battling Kang and other boring Avengers villains.

Kinda meh. But at least hopefully that image confirms that they ditched that awful business suit.

Incredible Member

Storm gets a solo and the avengers... they are really pushing her.

I wonder if that means an MCU update will lead with storm?

I don't mind it... she earned and deserves it. However I could name 10 other heroes I would want more.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

I'm glad Marvel is showing more respect for Storm but I'm disappointed that it wasn't Iceman or Synch. This makes me think Iceman will be getting solo tho.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I mean... I'd prefer Ororo to be with her X-Men family.

But I also like the Avengers, I'm enjoying MacKay's run AND she gets to be drawn by Valerio Schiti? I can't really say no to all that.

Glad Mccay will be writing Storm. This and a solo? Good storm news indeed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    Storm gets a solo and the avengers... they are really pushing her.

I wonder if that means an MCU update will lead with storm?

I don't mind it... she earned and deserves it. However I could name 10 other heroes I would want more.
    She's definitely going to be the leader of X-Men in MCU. If the rumors are true, Cyclops is a mutant terrorist who dies at the beginning.

Glad to see her added to the team(they really needed another female) and she will make a great addition. If everyone else stays on the team, this could be one of the most powerful Avengers line-ups ever(under 10 members at any given moment).

I like how most of the Avengers have their own solo books so this fits. While Storm wasn't necessarily my first choice I'm very happy for the character.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    She's definitely going to be the leader of X-Men in MCU. If the rumors are true, Cyclops is a mutant terrorist who dies at the beginning.
    That's obviously bullshit. There's not even a script to be leaked yet.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That's obviously bullshit. There's not even a script to be leaked yet.
    I mean it's Disney, Cyclops is probably not even going to be in the MCU

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

So if Ororo goes over to the A side... can we get Wanda (back) to the X side?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    So if Ororo goes over to the A side... can we get Wanda (back) to the X side?
    Heck no. After all the shit the fanbase had thrown at Wanda, she deserves better than going back to the X-men franchise. She is way better without that toxicity.