Page 116 of 160 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2400
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    We will see. I don't see much of that happening. Of you read Jed's run they really don't grow much as characters. Scarlet witch and vision aren't together Thor and scarlet witch don't do that much. Storm being on the same team with her ex is no guarantee that they will end up together. You can take your victory lap but this really doesn't show anything yet.
    I've seen you say some really disparaging things about me online, i mean really nasty. That said, I'm so very happy though that as horrible of storm fan you've said I am in this moment everything I've been asking for is being set into motion as shown by Tom Breevort and his vision for the character!!!

So I will gladly take that victory lap beloved!!!! (^_^)
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-14-2024 at 02:12 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    All I could do while watching that movie was morn the missed opportunity that could of been Angela Bassett as Storm... she was and still is beautiful with high cheek bones, her voice is authoritative and rich, and she oozes regality. Not to mention she's one of the greatest actresses to ever do it!

when she was without her headdress, and her white locs were shown, that was the knife twist for me, i know a lot of Storm fans aren't fond of Storm with locs but I most certainly am, and that was just a GUT PUNCH to the dream of seeing angela as Ororo,

"Goddess be Praised"

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Seems like I made the correct guess. Storm is the mightiest mutant in my opinion on earth. The goddess embrace life and pretty unstoppable. It’s time for her feats to happen to the ones who are unfamiliar with her.
    I love this!!! yassssss!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I've seen you say some really disparaging things about me online, i mean really nasty. That said, I'm so very happy though that as horrible of storm fan you've said I am in this moment everything I've been asking for is being set into motion as shown by Tom Breevort and his vision for the character!!!

So I will gladly take that victory lap beloved!!!! (^_^)
    I left Twitter months ago and barely talked about you. I also saw what you said about trans people. If you want to talk about any of that feel free to DM me but this thread has nothing to do with any of that.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 05-14-2024 at 02:27 PM.

uh.. well here are the pics as promised,

"Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post

Well da*n... no wonder they need Storm lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ewing did good by her but X-men Red was very much about expanding the X-men's world and played within its wheelhouse. It set her up to be a leader and pivotal figure in hte new era and when she wasnt announced as one, it left me worried. The worse thing about shunting her away from the franchise hte last time is that it let her feeling irrelevant and such a non-factor in stories even when she was involved. Im not gonna be doom and gloom yet but it is a concern of mine
    I get it. But Storm has already been shunted away from the center of the X-Men franchise. First 20 some years ago when Claremont took her from Morrison for X-Treme, which I enjoyed, but it left her out of the franchise redefining run in New X-Men. Then Hudlin shunted her away even further by stealing her from Claremont for Black Panther. Those two moves, back to back, basically sidelined Storm from the X-Men, which she has never fully recovered from. Not even under Ewing, who much like Claremont before him in X-Treme, took Storm off to the side for his X-Men Red(SWORD/Brotherhood, etc) run. Again, I loved it, but it left Storm not involved in the main X-Men story(which has been a blessing in retrospect, given how the Krakoa era has floundered...).

At this point, we might as well just let her branch off completely. The main books for From the Ashes don't seem all that exciting, so she's probably not going to miss anything of note. When the MCU are ready to launch their X-Men, she'll be back and probably right at the center of things, which I do prefer in many regards, but I am happy to see her trying new things in the meantime.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I dunno, Lord Ewing did his wonders with Storm away from the X-Men. Personally I miss Storm in the center of the X-Men, as Lord Claremont was wont to do, but that hasn't been en vogue for two decades now, so maybe it is best for Storm to spread her wings and leave the nest. Considering how the MCU was able to weave straw into gold with the likes of GotG, maybe they can morph Storm into a solo act almost 50 years into her existence. I'll believe it when I see it, but let 'em cook. See what they can dish out.
    I'm with you on this. Since Arakko is no longer on the playing field, let's see what they do with her outside of the X-Men circle and in the greater MU as a whole (again). And it's not as though she's completely separated from her mutant peers as the main premise of her solo is mutant advocacy. We're getting a bird in each hand instead of one in the bush.

My only concern is what does MacKay think of the relationship status between Storm and T'Challa. And is he aware that she found new love in the arms of Craig Marshall of NASA?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-14-2024 at 03:42 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Well da*n... no wonder they need Storm lol.
    Yes this Vampirc Cabal took down Wanda, Captain Marvel, Vision, Iron Man, and as shown BP and Thor with utmost ease, not one of them was able to get a fair hit, twas a flawless K.O. on the vampire side
    "Goddess be Praised"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I get it. But Storm has already been shunted away from the center of the X-Men franchise. First 20 some years ago when Claremont took her from Morrison for X-Treme, which I enjoyed, but it left her out of the franchise redefining run in New X-Men. Then Hudlin shunted her away even further by stealing her from Claremont for Black Panther. Those two moves, back to back, basically sidelined Storm from the X-Men, which she has never fully recovered from. Not even under Ewing, who much like Claremont before him in X-Treme, took Storm off to the side for his X-Men Red(SWORD/Brotherhood, etc) run. Again, I loved it, but it left Storm not involved in the main X-Men story(which has been a blessing in retrospect, given how the Krakoa era has floundered...).

At this point, we might as well just let her branch off completely. The main books for From the Ashes don't seem all that exciting, so she's probably not going to miss anything of note. When the MCU are ready to launch their X-Men, she'll be back and probably right at the center of things, which I do prefer in many regards, but I am happy to see her trying new things in the meantime.
    See this is what I am getting at. The x-men as a story telling mechanism about mutant empowerment is on lfe support right now. It's the same recycled narratives that x-men twenty years ago. Unfortunately the Avengers are worse when it comes to telling stories. What is the central narrative? Why is the missing time Kang wants important? Why should that matter to the Avengers? Vampires aren't a global threat no matter how much they try to make them interesting. It's so tired.

Yes this Vampirc Cabal took down Wanda, Captain Marvel, Vision, Iron Man, and as shown BP and Thor with utmost ease, not one of them was able to get a fair hit, twas a flawless K.O. on the vampire side
    Wait it was a literal Vampire? Thors lightning didn't hurt it, or did he just charge it with the hammer? Could you give me the issue title please? I'd really appreciate it.

Wait it was a literal Vampire? Thors lightning didn't hurt it, or did he just charge it with the hammer? Could you give me the issue title please? I'd really appreciate it.
    This is a group of high ranking Vampires, formed into a Cabal each of them equipped to deal with an avenger, the issue is Bloodhunt #1

"Goddess be Praised"

Incredible Member

Yea storm got to save this fool
    Give Coates a Storm solo

This is a group of high ranking Vampires, formed into a Cabal each of them equipped to deal with an avenger, the issue is Bloodhunt #1

Hmm... fast enough to blitz the most powerful averagers and strong enough to pierce Odin Force Thor and intangible molecules. K WTF they gone do?

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Yea storm got to save this fool
    The brave always die first, dont they?, i do wonder how Ororo will fare against these foes, or if they'd see her as their Queen I'm sure the entire Vampire race or at least the high-ranking ones are privy to the stories of Dracula himself Simping for Ororo and nearly making her his Vampiric Queen, perhaps they will be so enamored by her they'll try Stormnapping her, beings of darkness have always seemed to have an infatuation with Storm so I'm betting on that
    "Goddess be Praised"