Page 376 of 394 FirstFirst ... 276326366372373374375376377378379380386 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 5903
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    I love comics Carol. But I have no feelings towards the mcu version. She's just meh there.
    Come to think of it most of my favorite superheroes are actually female lmao.
    That's exactly how I feel. Carol was one of my favorites when I first got introduced to Marvel but the MCU version is so blah for me. I don't think I could even describe her personality. Whereas, I've never been a Black Widow fan in the comics but I really like her in the movies. They really dropped the ball on Carol.

Mine too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There was no ban that Marvel couldnt make new mutant characters. when she was created. Kamala got her first full appearance in 2014, 3.5 years after Second Coming concluded and mutant characters were popping Wolverine and the X-men book had existed and created a bunch of new teen mutant characters by the time Kamala entered the scene and Bendis of course was introducing his own in his Uncanny run.
    But 2014 was also the year of the DOFP/Captain America: Winter Soldier showdown when both Fox and the MCU were fighting over the rights for Wanda and Pietro. The X-Men ban really started around then, especially when Wanda and Pietro were retconned to not be mutants in the comics. So if Kamala debuted right in 2014, it would make sense that Marvel would already have had an idea by then that they wanted to downplay the X-Men and stop creating more mutant characters for Fox to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It's true that X-Men 97 isn't an easy entry for new audience, since the story assumes you're already attached to these characters.

However, it's unlikely the numbers will be better even if the story was more friendly with a new audience. In itself, new original animation (especially adult animation) doesn't tend attract a really big amount of audience in streaming.

In Disney+, the really popular animated shows are Bluey, The Simpsons or Family Guy.

An important thing to mention is animation shows seems to be cheaper to make than live action shows. That's why the requirement to their success is less.
    Good points, all of them. Animation is not an easy win outside of the major shows like you listed which are either for kids (Bluey) or shows that cater to adults and have been around for decades (Family Guy and Simpsons).

And like you said, animation is cheaper so it's not necessary for shows like X-Men '97 to rank as high as the live-action shows. Everything I'm hearing online is about how Marvel is pleased with the show and considers it a success.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Oh wow, I'm surprised to hear the bad reviews. I was thinking about checking it out because I'm also an Oscar Isaac fan. I've heard it was confusing and the finale in particular disappointed but it sounds like the entire show even before the finale doesn't do its job.
    Barring one seriously head scratching unforced error in the last episode that kind of ruins things, Moon Knight is a largely excellent show. It's just not really a Moon Knight show. It's a Marc Spector's multiple personalities show, with like two appearances from Moon Knight.

If you're looking for comic book Moon Knight you'll likely hate it. If you can roll with some melodrama and just enjoy an absolutely stellar performance from Isaac then it's absolutely worth watching. If you're looking for big action you'll be bored silly. If you're into damaged psyches and emotionally traumatized heroes you might really dig it.

It's an odd one, because in a lot of ways it's a really radical reinvention of the character, which makes the familiar comic book MK stuff feel awfully out of place at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier
    I wonder if they might revive that WaTXM idea for season 2 where the present-day team is dealing with Apocalypse and end up needing to prevent the AoA timeline that Bishop/Cable are stuck in.
    That would be more palatable, not sure I'd enjoy a full season of that tho. An episode or two would be fine, like Life Death was broken up.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman
    Hmm... but which Bobby? Gambit's brother also goes by "Bobby". Yeah, in 616 it's Henri, but in TAS it's Bobby.

Heh, I COULd actually see Rogue hang out with the Thieves Guild for a bit.
    Mr Robert Drake ofc. But yes, I wouldn't mind Rogue interacting with the Thieves Guild, her interacting with Belladonna again would be interesting.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Barring one seriously head scratching unforced error in the last episode that kind of ruins things, Moon Knight is a largely excellent show. It's just not really a Moon Knight show. It's a Marc Spector's multiple personalities show, with like two appearances from Moon Knight.

If you're looking for comic book Moon Knight you'll likely hate it. If you can roll with some melodrama and just enjoy an absolutely stellar performance from Isaac then it's absolutely worth watching. If you're looking for big action you'll be bored silly. If you're into damaged psyches and emotionally traumatized heroes you might really dig it.

It's an odd one, because in a lot of ways it's a really radical reinvention of the character, which makes the familiar comic book MK stuff feel awfully out of place at times.
    It giggles me how Oscar Isaac plays two of the most substantial Egypt related characters in Marvel, Moon Knight and Apocalypse.

Of course his MK went a lot board than his Apoc who even Isaac agrees was a tremendous misfire in the Apocalypse film.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Oh wow, I'm surprised to hear the bad reviews. I was thinking about checking it out because I'm also an Oscar Isaac fan. I've heard it was confusing and the finale in particular disappointed but it sounds like the entire show even before the finale doesn't do its job.

Agreed.
    i went in expecting charlie huston/david finch… but it’s just the brian michael bendis part who was obsessed with the multiple personalities.. show could’ve been a contender
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 05-14-2024 at 08:57 AM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

But 2014 was also the year of the DOFP/Captain America: Winter Soldier showdown when both Fox and the MCU were fighting over the rights for Wanda and Pietro. The X-Men ban really started around then, especially when Wanda and Pietro were retconned to not be mutants in the comics. So if Kamala debuted right in 2014, it would make sense that Marvel would already have had an idea by then that they wanted to downplay the X-Men and stop creating more mutant characters for Fox to use.
    that makes even less sense bc there was no ban. We still got mutant characters created after 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Third most-watched original Disney+ series in 2024!
    Attachment 139487

https://variety.com/vip/2024-streami...es-1235998972/
    I see the fake newsing has already begun so a reminder that these numbers are measured in minutes viewed and both Percy Jackson and Echo have more minutes of content to view than the 9 less than or about 30 minute episodes of mutantdom.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I see the fake newsing has already begun so a reminder that these numbers are measured in minutes viewed and both Percy Jackson and Echo have more minutes of content to view than the 9 less than or about 30 minute episodes of mutantdom.
    I know the episodes being shorter will affect these numbers at some level. However, I really doubt X-Men 97 level of audience could be close to live action shows.

Percy Jackson had 13.3M views in its first six days, while X-Men 97 had 4M views in its first five days.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/per...rs-1235850744/
    https://deadline.com/2024/03/x-men-9...ey-1235868136/

PS: Percy Jackson started on December 19th, so the first ten days aren't included in the 2024 ranking.
    Last edited by Konja7; 05-14-2024 at 03:22 PM.

unfortunately no new footage in today’s preview clip… oh well 9hrs until the finale true believers!
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

If Marvel is happy/confident with the show( which they seem to be) that's good enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I know the episodes being shorter will affect these numbers at some level. However, I really doubt X-Men 97 level of audience could be close to live action shows.

Percy Jackson had 13.3M views in its first six days, while X-Men 97 had 4M views in its first five days.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/per...rs-1235850744/
    https://deadline.com/2024/03/x-men-9...y-1235868136/]
    Percy Jackson was also on disney+ AND Hulu. I think if X-men 97 was released on hulu as well it would have much higher numbers too.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

The excitement for tomorrow's season 1 finale is real! Are we getting the bone claws? Will Onslaught show up? Will Jean go Phoenix? Will we be transported to the Age of Apocalypse? My head is spinning with possibilities and given how fast-paced the show has been so far, I can't exclude we'll be getting more than one of those possibilities at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    The excitement for tomorrow's season 1 finale is real! Are we getting the bone claws? Will Onslaught show up? Will Jean go Phoenix? Will we be transported to the Age of Apocalypse? My head is spinning with possibilities and given how fast-paced the show has been so far, I can't exclude we'll be getting more than one of those possibilities at the same time.

for me it’s all about who are the X-MEN at the end of of episode. i want a new team (and a new tank rogue doesn’t deserve to be an X-MAN after her stunt last week)

I'm really going to cry, it feels like the season just started.

Looking forward to the finale tonight, but damn it's going to be a wait for season 2.