Page 77 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1286
    Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

I feel like there's a decent chance Tomoe might show up considering Ziglar is a huge weeb and miles going to Japan for a field trip or something seems like something Ziglar would do.
    Also idk if it's been mentioned but it's pretty funny that miles has 3 different villians who are women that can control/manipulate technology between comics and games.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    I feel like there's a decent chance Tomoe might show up considering Ziglar is a huge weeb and miles going to Japan for a field trip or something seems like something Ziglar would do.
    Also idk if it's been mentioned but it's pretty funny that miles has 3 different villians who are women that can control/manipulate technology between comics and games.
    And Tinkerer in the Spider-Man: Miles Morales game felt very cyberpunk, in the sense of fighting against an evil corporation using hyper-advanced technology, only more outright terroristic as opposed to hacking and sneaking.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    I wonder if it's partially because of Miles' electricity powers.

Spectacular Member FlyingShadow's Avatar

I know this is just a variant cover, but this just doesn’t sit right with me.

IMG_0982.jpg

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingShadow View Post

IMG_0982.jpg
    It really irks me that they keep trying to push spider-gwen as his Main love interest, Especially when Miles has so many other love interest with great potential i just really hope they don't shoehorn her into Miles stories in 616 especially now that he's starting to carve out his own villains and mythos

Edit: looking back this is still a variant cover might have been overreacting lmao but still want his love interest to get the spotlight
    Last edited by KrookcodileX; 05-15-2024 at 01:59 AM.

IMG_0982.jpg
    Doesn't bother me at all personally. Like you said it's just a variant cover, it's just making use of Miles' most popular and well written romance. Whenever he makes his live action appearance we'll get variant covers with whoever they make his love interest in that, as long as she's not an OC.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrookcodileX View Post
    It really irks me that they keep trying to push spider-gwen as his Main love interest, Especially when Miles has so many other love interest with great potential i just really hope they don't shoehorn her into Miles stories in 616 especially now that he's starting to carve out his own villains and mythos

Edit: looking back this is still a variant cover might have been overreacting lmao but still want his love interest to get the spotlight
    All things considered he really doesn't. He's only ever had three actual girlfriends in the comics. Katie was a total disaster; Barbara got no development and was over before it could gather any kind of popularity; and Tiana is also underdeveloped and her motif immediately draws comparisons to a villain it's why we've gotten so many covers depicting her with villains. I can't blame them for going with what's going to make them the most money.

I doubt that they're going to be official. Ziglar at least seems to take Tiana seriously as a love interest and he said he didn't have plans for a break up, and his run has been successful as is and they're still making money off of variants.

Well, Katie turned out to be a HYDRA agent. Too bad she wasn't brought up when Miles met her 616 counterpart, Hawkeye.

Of course Starling's motif reminds you of a villain, it's deliberate, because she's the granddaughter of Vulture.

Barbara's problem was that she was introduced near the end of Bendis's run, he didn't have time to develop her and the next writer binned her for Tiana.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Doesn't bother me at all personally. Like you said it's just a variant cover, it's just making use of Miles' most popular and well written romance. Whenever he makes his live action appearance we'll get variant covers with whoever they make his love interest in that, as long as she's not an OC.

I think the thing is for me, should it be Tiana/Starling to where his costume since that’s his girlfriend in his comics??

All things considered he really doesn't. He's only ever had three actual girlfriends in the comics. Katie was a total disaster; Barbara got no development and was over before it could gather any kind of popularity; and Tiana is also underdeveloped and her motif immediately draws comparisons to a villain it's why we've gotten so many covers depicting her with villains. I can't blame them for going with what's going to make them the most money.

I doubt that they're going to be official. Ziglar at least seems to take Tiana seriously as a love interest and he said he didn't have plans for a break up, and his run has been successful as is and they're still making money off of variants.
    I can definitely tell that cody writes Tiana better than what Ahmed did.
    Last edited by FlyingShadow; 05-15-2024 at 06:18 AM.

I wholeheartedly agree.

And if I’m being honest I think Miles and Gwen only work well in the spider-verse movies.
    Last edited by FlyingShadow; 05-15-2024 at 07:23 AM.

Amazing Member

100% Agree was not a fan of Tiana in Ahmeds run, In Ziglars she really has been growing on me

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, Katie turned out to be a HYDRA agent. Too bad she wasn't brought up when Miles met her 616 counterpart, Hawkeye.

Of course Starling's motif reminds you of a villain, it's deliberate, because she's the granddaughter of Vulture.

Barbara's problem was that she was introduced near the end of Bendis's run, he didn't have time to develop her and the next writer binned her for Tiana.
    I hardly remember anything about ultimate Katie other than the fact that she turned out to be a hydra agent lmbo

I’ve greatly warmed up to Tiana’s character since Cody took over the book.

But I still think that she was poorly written by Ahmed.

Yeah, and at that point I believe that bmb was just tired and wanted to move on to something else.

I do appreciate Ahmed for trying make a character out of barbara.

She would’ve made a interesting girlfriend for miles if he was just honest with her about being spider-man

100% Agree was not a fan of Tiana in Ahmeds run, In Ziglars she really has been growing on me
    I think the problem with Ahmed’s Tiana was that he was trying to make her too much Felica Hardy/Black cat and not make her feel like her own person.

Absolutely, I also think that she feels much more integrated into the cast than before. I can only remember her interacting with other members of the cast once, during the group fight against Ultimatum.

I think the problem with Ahmed’s Tiana was that he was trying to make her too much Felica Hardy/Black cat and not make her feel like her own person.
    It also felt like he rushed through it. I think a big part of the Black Cat role is the being on the other side of the law. Tiana just wanted revenge and was brutal about it and after Miles stopped her she never did anything even slightly morally questionable again. I can somewhat understand the decision because if she was just brutal against criminals in general I wouldn't believe that Miles would want to date her, but without some kind moral difference it just becomes a regular relationship. That's probably why the two characters that fulfill the Black Cat role best are cat burglars. They're on the other side of the law, but not so far that the hero should be actively trying to stop them.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 05-15-2024 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Absolutely, I also think that she feels much more integrated into the cast than before. I can only remember her interacting with other members of the cast once, during the group fight against Ultimatum.
    That’s true.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Today's issue was a nice breather episode. Something I think the series has been missing for a while now.

spoilers:
    Miles and Shift go out to an art festival with Ganke and Kamala. And I'm guessing Ganke knows Kamala's identity now. And they break up a heist that is being set up by Black Obsidian, a crook Miles previously had a run-in with in that Giant Sized issue released at the start of the year with Dylan Brock/Venom. On the flip side, we see a little of Hightail's home life now that she has a new lease on life but it gets interupted by the impending Blood Hunt/Vampire invasion.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.