Page 146 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2635

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    X-Force is likely the last thing I'll do for Marvel unless I get a MASSIVELY cool new idea. I hope to have a long run on X-Force because I have big plans for the characters. If those plans work out, I could be enticed to jump to a spin-off book in a year or two but, honestly, two straight years on a book is something I haven't seen yet.

I'm in process on setting up my own comics to be purchased online (digital AND hard copy) that will be the sort of thing I've tried and never been able to do at either of the Big Two. I don't like crowdfunding because you have to do too much work that isn't actually making comics and my real job (something you're going to lose your s*** over) just takes too much brain space.

I am not trying to get on BP anymore and haven't been for over a year now. I will not write anything in comics related to the character unless it's what I want to do. Marvel will never do what I want on this score.

At this point there are THREE more yarns with my name on them related to BP that are upcoming.

One is this (already complete)

One is in comics. Check next August solicits.

One is... well, I'm still waiting on trumpeting that and that involves working with the ONE person who will ever get me to try BP again, going forward.

I'm sorry about the state of affairs the company has put the character in and I truly hope they let Bryan Hill take over the 616 line and stay the hell out of his way when he tries to right the ship. But, frankly, comics don't pay me anywhere near enough to go through the nonsense I would have to go through to get BP right.

Im very interested in hearing more about your own comic line. If you ever need an artist... lemme know!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    No, these "folks" as you grouped us, can handle plenty. What we are DONE dealing with is bullsh**ery of x office taking potshots at T'Challa, these wack ass writers who really wanted a Storm Solo dogging on T'Challa, and Marvel putting on a whole song and dance about them, but not actually committing to it and instead letting Storm get down with anyone she wants while T'Challa sots as sone celibate Monk waiting for the day that storm decides to look his way

lol WTF you talking about this a whole new story. Nothing has happened yet. You barking but marvel keep them together. It’s just the way it is. Also that’s good tchalla ain’t sleeping with everyone. More power to him. Makes the character even better. Storm on the other hand that’s the one thing I hate.
    Last edited by BPStorm2; 05-14-2024 at 07:56 PM.
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

You all are going to lose your SHYTE when you see X-Force 4 and 5.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Looking forward to it. Anything to stave off the insufferance of a "T'Challa and Storm back together" debate.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Looking forward to it. Anything to stave off the insufferance of a "T'Challa and Storm back together" debate.
    I liked T'challa and Storm as a couple.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Me 2 a lot of folks love them as a couple
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I think most folks did.

However that OTHER franchise didn't. Along with all the false narratives that followed.
    Like Hudlin's book was going to get axed and they had to add her to save it.

The book was not near the ax.
    Sales did NOT improve with her. They either stayed the same or there was a slight drop until the Avengers and the subbing in for Reed and Sue bought up numbers before they settled back down.
    She was wallpaper in the book and abused in the book. Another set of lies.
    This franchise OWES her according to some. Yet whose drama got Wakanda flooded?

Yet nobody wants to do that book and use the Wakanda Priest and Hudlin made not the one that kept rape camps around.

Since then it has been a one sided shadefest towards T'Challa and Wakanda. Made worst by the last set of BP writers.
    All that deflection to how poorly they used her since the 2000s until Al Ewing arrived.

Amazing Member

Rahzzah Variant Open Order Cover

Back in my HEF days I started a thread entitled The Many Mistakes of Reginald Hudlin. At first read, some, including Hudlin himself, thought I was negatively criticizing his work on BP. The opposite was in fact true. I was not only praising his work but intimating that his empowering BP in the manner he did would be seen by some as an outrage that needed to be corrected or undone. Needless to say my foresight was prophetic.

Such undoings were Wakanda being unconquered and the dissolution of The Wedding of the Century. T'Challa's kingship was unceremoniously stripped from him. The constructive African American cultural infusion (though Hudlin did BET Black Girl Storm at times to such a degree she didn't sound like herself) was replaced by either the A.G.E.N.D.A. or ghettorization.

T'Challa's prep skills; his respect among his black superheroes peers; T'Challa having a relationship and being sexual with women; and his dealing final justice to his enemies were all systematically dismantled. Gone are the days of T'Challa having an opulent mobile base of operations; access to deep sea exploration and space traversing vessels; being outfitted with various armors (including a vampire proof one that would come in very handy about now).

Contemporary Marvel can continue to disgrace the Black Panther but fans and enthusiasts will not blame the character only the writers, artists and editors in charge. The saving grace is much if not all of the best of T'Challa the Black Panther is already collected in trade paperbacks. It can't be unwritten. New and young comic book readers are discovering Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie, Liss, Aaron, Ewing and Thorne.

New writers and editors will come to work for Marvel and some of them would have been influenced not only by the best of BP comic book showings but also by Hudlin's ground breaking BP animated series; Marvel's best animated show Avengers - Earth Mightiest Heroes and Redjack's outstanding classic, the best BP cartoon thus far... Black Panther's Quest.

The A.G.E.N.D.A. is winding down, loosing much of its momentum. Coogler has one movie left; and Redjack is going to show us something special.
    Last edited by Ture; 05-15-2024 at 08:14 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ture View Post

Back in my HEF days I started a thread entitled The Many Mistakes of Reginald Hudlin. At first read, some, including Hudlin himself, thought I was negatively criticizing his work on BP. The opposite was in fact true. I was not only praising his work but intimating that his empowering BP in the manner he did would be seen by some as an outrage that needed to be corrected or undone. Needless to say my foresight was prophetic.

Such undoings were Wakanda being unconquered and the dissolution of The Wedding of the Century. T'Challa's kingship was unceremoniously stripped from him. The constructive African American cultural infusion (though Hudlin did BET Black Girl Storm at times to such a degree she didn't sound like herself) was replaced by either the A.G.E.N.D.A. or ghettorization.

T'Challa's prep skills; his respect among his black superheroes peers; T'Challa having a relationship and being sexual with women; and his dealing final justice to his enemies were all systematically dismantled. Gone are the days of T'Challa having an opulent mobile base of operations; access to deep sea exploration and space traversing vessels; being outfitted with various armors (including a vampire proof one that would come in very handy about now).

Contemporary Marvel can continue to disgrace the Black Panther but fans and enthusiasts will not blame the character only the writers, artists and editors in charge. The saving grace is much if not all of the best of T'Challa the Black Panther is already collected in trade paperbacks. It can't be unwritten. New and young comic book readers are discovering Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie, Liss, Aaron, Ewing and Thorne.

New writers and editors will come to work for Marvel and some of them would have been influenced not only by the best of BP comic book showings but also by Hudlin's ground breaking BP animated series; Marvel's best animated show Avengers - Earth Mightiest Heroes and Redjack's outstanding classic, the best BP cartoon thus far... Black Panther's Quest.

The A.G.E.N.D.A. is winding down, loosing much of its momentum. Coogler has one movie left; and Redjack is going to show us something special.

Ryan Coogler BP is a 2 billion dollar franchise. lol ain’t nobody topping that
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Quote Originally Posted by Ture View Post

I agree in large part with this (setting aside the nonsense about my own work).

Reggie did mostly good things (hitching T'Challa and Storm was a massive unforced error as it closed off a host of potential story lines for both of them) but in the end all that good stuff just put a massive target on T'Challa's and Wakanda's backs.

He's been taking kicks to the guts mostly ever since (Liss and Aaron being exceptions).

Dunno if this was conscious or unconscious but it's definitely real.

Incredible Member

I agree in large part with this (setting aside the nonsense about my own work).

Reggie did mostly good things (hitching T'Challa and Storm was a massive unforced error as it closed off a host of potential story lines for both of them) but in the end all that good stuff just put a massive target on T'Challa's and Wakanda's backs.

He's been taking kicks to the guts mostly ever since (Liss and Aaron being exceptions).

Dunno if this was conscious or unconscious but it's definitely real.

lol you’re 100% right you never getting a 616 BP storyline lol. Storm and tchalla is stamp locked and set no looking back.At least you’re honest about your feelings .
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    lol you’re 100% right you never getting a 616 BP storyline lol. Storm and tchalla is stamp locked and set no looking back.At least you’re honest about your feelings .
    why would I bother to lie about anything to anyone?

please don't pretend I'm begging for that job. I already did it.

I told reggie, when he married them, it was his only mistake. well, one of two. It was then and it has been that ever since. Storm and T'Challa need their OWN love interests and storylines. putting them together cut them off at the knees.

Storm has moved on without any concern but T'Challa has been turned into... well, I'm not sure what to call him these days. King of nothing? Cuckhold?

You choose.
    Last edited by Redjack; 05-14-2024 at 11:52 PM.

Incredible Member

why would I bother to lie about anything to anyone?

please don't pretend I'm begging for that job. I already did it.

I told reggie, when he married them, it was his only mistake. It was then and it has been that ever since. Storm and T'Challa need their OWN love interests and storylines. putting them together cut them off at the knees.

Storm has moved on without any concern but T'Challa has been turned into... well, I'm not sure what to call him these days. King of nothing? Cuckhold?

You choose.
    Loved the wedding
    Loved the back story of these characters

Naw I disagree, and it’s probably because I read Coates BP first and went backwards. I truly like storm and tchalla together, this is my own personal opinion on why

I just see it as they’re each other weakness. Now that storm is free from the X-men anything can happen (this time around) new story happens all the time things are different now first she not a queen now she a Queen smh . she not tied to anyone or group. She can date Thor now she not tied to the X-men like that.

First tchalla needs someone to write him without being bias. Really figure out who he is and go to work.

yes tchalla should be getting more action, but I also think since his character is big having him have a cave with a bunch of women fighting over him ain’t Disney friendly. lol BP is the only movie that get awards. This is my own thinking on why marvel toned him down. I believe storm will be the same once she hits the MCU. Tchalla a complicated character, meaning their are different versions of him and writes are constantly trying to change him. I think Bryan hills doing a good job with his story.

But I understand where everyone is coming from. I just think it is what it is. Tchalla is storm greatest love, Storm is tchalla greatest love. It ain’t changing
    Last edited by BPStorm2; 05-15-2024 at 12:12 AM.
    Give Coates a Storm solo

spoilers:
    Ok so does X-Men 97 take place before the Fantastic Four cartoon? Because Black Panther appears for a couple of scenes in the season finale but it’s T’Chaka and not T’challa.
    end of spoilers
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Edit:

Damn nvm
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 05-15-2024 at 03:00 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    spoilers:
    Ok so does X-Men 97 take place before the Fantastic Four cartoon? Because Black Panther appears for a couple of scenes in the season finale but it’s T’Chaka and not T’challa.
    end of spoilers
    They changed it and based on the show writer response it wasn’t his Choice.
    We all know why it was changed and that reason is starting to upset me