Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default X-Men '97 Episode 10 - Tolerance is Extinction Part 3 *spoilers*

Thread for the episode.

A lot happened.

Where the hell did Storm end up?

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Where the hell did Storm end up?
    Storm, Wolverine and Morph are probably in another time-line.

Also confirmation Morph is in love with Wolverine. though it was obvious

And people calling Gamit as a Horseman are right! The post-credits is Apoc about to resurrect him!

I was so convinced Onslaught’s gonna happen but I am glad it went the other way. It would’ve been too predictable. Although the build up they could use was already there.

This was good! A lot of cameos I probably missed some of them. Even Peter Parker and Mary Jane made some appearance.

The drama, shed some tear a bit especially with the Cable scenes.

Love that Mother Askani/Rachel is playing a part here as well as young Nate. That’s Nate Grey, right? I guess they are really delving into this storyline since their bloodline drama is really tied with Apocalypse if you think about it.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 05-15-2024 at 12:51 AM.

That was such a great finale and entire season was on level 10. Damn, I really enjoyed this ride.
    And it looks like we're getting "The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix!"
    Mutant and Proud!

Spectacular Member

Going by the Days of Future Past thing on Forge's (Daniel?) wall, it seems Magik is confirmed as a current hero, as is Shadowcat. I couldn't make out the little sign over Archangel's face.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

“So much Death.”

Okay we ended with Rogue, Nightcrawler, Beast, Prof X in ancient Egypt dealing with young Apocalypse; Jean, Cyclops & Cable in the far future with Apocalypse fall out and pretty much confirmed Gambit is Death in the present. Storm is unaccounted for. Bishop & Forge working in the present to try to figure out the fuck happened.

Now we wait til, what, winter 2025? Fuuuuuuuck

Spectacular Member

Also, looks like Polaris is Magneto's daughter in this continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Storm, Wolverine and Morph are probably in another time-line.

Also confirmation Morph is in love with Wolverine. though it was obvious
    Oh yeah I forgot Logan and Morph were also missing.

They named Forge!!!! Daniel?!?! I know it’s not canon canon but has it ever been given before?

Feel this episode might have been a little rushed, there's a weird cut when the Gold team arrive on Avalon and Rogue and Roberto just appear with the rest of the team.

Felt like they forgot to animate them arriving, as well as minor nitpick where Rogue's hair is completely white.

Again minor, but probably a sign they were likely crunching on time to get this out on a deadline.

BANNED

Wow so much to say. Love all the cameos especially MJ. I'm confused about T'Chaka being alive though.

I think Cyclops fans will be very happy with this episode with him in charge and some great moments with Jean, Nathan, and of course Rachel by the end (even if nobody knows who she is yet). Loved his little line to Logan about how Jean needs him. Morph being so eager to play Jean's part continues to make me think he might have some unresolved feelings for Logan. Also liked that Storm was the one to inform Scott that Nathan was alright, sensing he would need to hear that and proving she's still the most empathetic.

Was expecting Onslaught and was pleasantly surprised to see that we get a reformed Magneto instead. A Magneto who finally seems healed and ready to accept Xavier and the X-Men as his family. One of my complaints was that his reformation period barely begun before he reverted back to type so this is very promising and makes sense considering the AoA storyline. The six month gap between E-day will probably also mean the world will be ready for a reformed Magneto whenever the X-Men are returned to their present timeline, unlike if he was touting himself a hero immediately after the events with Bastion and Asteroid M.

It was nice to see a glimpse of Phoenix, just enough to stop the prime sentinels. Beau must have wisely realized that keeping her at Phoenix power levels (especially with Storm also around) would make the team too OP. I'm guessing as we dive more into the future lore with Apocalypse and Askani, we'll see a resurgence of Phoenix. Probably Jean will reclaim the Phoenix mantle and costume at Rachel's saying. Also glad that Nathan got his goodbye with his parents and seemed to accept Jean.

Jubilee's line about how if Jean and Storm can't save the day, what can the rest of the X-Men do, felt very meta and like Beau was using Jubilee to manifest his own thoughts. I noticed even the thumbnail for the episode in the selection menu highlights Storm and Jean. Love the flying shots of these two and Rogue at the end, the three main X-Women. Rogue got her time beating up on Bastion although I did expect she would absorb the powers of everyone around her.

The lack of Storm at the end was confusing. It would be interesting if the Bright Lady the Askani worship turns out to be inspired by Storm from the past.

Wonder if this is the end of Sinister and Bastion. Glad the Phoenix burned away what doesn't work with Sinister and also liked how the X-Men acknowledged that Bastion could have been one of their own had things been slightly different. Every scene with Nightcrawler fighting with Bastion had me at my wit's end, thinking he would be killed off any second.

Would have liked more for Gambit than just the slight nod to Deathbit with Apocalypse and a playing card. But I guess S2 will be more about building him up before restoring him completely.

So many crazy points in the epilogue!

- Bishop making Forge/Daniel Lone Eagle animated canon! Here comes Days of Future Past... again!!!

- Introducing The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix with HOLY SHIT ASKANI!! Never would have thought Rachel would appear before Kitty lol.

- I count 4 members unaccounted for currently... Gambit, Logan, Storm, and Morph. Who likes to carry on with a posse of 4??? (Gambit needs to be brought back to life and Logan needs his adamantium, just like in the comics.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by toddcam View Post
    Going by the Days of Future Past thing on Forge's (Daniel?) wall, it seems Magik is confirmed as a current hero, as is Shadowcat. I couldn't make out the little sign over Archangel's face.
    Archangel has the same sign as the missing X-Men stuck in the past or future. Which is strange since he wasn't with them.

Also liked that Forge's real name was acknowledged.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot Logan and Morph were also missing.
    Lol I didn't notice them missing either. Just noticed Storm's disappearance. I wonder if these three will be stuck in the actual AoA time period, sometime after our present but in-between the past and future the rest of the X-Men are stuck in.