Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    They named Forge!!!! Daniel?!?! I know it’s not canon canon but has it ever been given before?
    Chris Claremont said that he intended for Forge to be named Daniel Lone Eagle. That's why his Dallas base was called Eagle Plaza. It was just never made 616 canon.

Also, his Ultimate Universe name is Jonathan Silvercloud!

The Phoenix thing was honestly unnecessary. It was too Deus Ex Machina. Like is it now going to show up every time she's about to die?

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    So many crazy points in the epilogue!

- Bishop making Forge/Daniel Lone Eagle animated canon! Here comes Days of Future Past... again!!!

- Introducing The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix with HOLY SHIT ASKANI!! Never would have thought Rachel would appear before Kitty lol.

- I count 4 members unaccounted for currently... Gambit, Logan, Storm, and Morph. Who likes to carry on with a posse of 4??? (Gambit needs to be brought back to life and Logan needs his adamantium, just like in the comics.)
    They’ll probably play with Bone Wolverine for a while. I mean him losing it wouldn’t have made sense if he’s going to get them right back. But then again, I thought the Punk Storm thing would have been longer. Ugh, really hope they would do like standard 12-13 eps. NGL, feels a little rushed because of how much they need to condense in 1
    Season.

Still interested where Storm, Logan, and Morph ended up though. If they’re still going to be in a timeline where Apocalypse is, what would that be? Pretty sure they’re not in the present since Forge couldn’t find them? Or maybe they’re just kept somewhere but still in present time?

I mean, they’re split between past and future. So, someone has to be in present time.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    - Bishop making Forge/Daniel Lone Eagle animated canon! Here comes Days of Future Past... again!!!
    Where did that name come from originally?

BANNED

So S2 will be all about Apocalypse. One team meeting him and learning about his origin (maybe even inadvertently putting thoughts of mutant grandeur and supremacy in his head when he sees how powerful they all are) and Scott and Jean raising Nathan in a distant future where Apocalypse has won and only the Summers-Grey family can destroy him for good. Was hoping The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix would be depicted and it also explains why Cable knew about Scott and Jean back in S1 of the original show but had no idea about who the rest of the X-Men were.

I'm guessing Bishop and Forge's adventures through the timestream will be about finding everyone and banding the team back together. Feels very much like the Disassembled period from the Claremont era but Bishop instead of Banshee. Forge's task then was also to reunite the X-Men after learning they were still alive and hadn't died from FOTM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by toddcam View Post
    Where did that name come from originally?
    Chris Claremont's headcanon. It's one of various things he never put on the page but always had in mind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Still interested where Storm, Logan, and Morph ended up though. If they’re still going to be in a timeline where Apocalypse is, what would that be? Pretty sure they’re not in the present since Forge couldn’t find them? Or maybe they’re just kept somewhere but still in present time?
    I think they're in a present slightly ahead of the main present. One where Apocalypse has won or is winning that resembles AOA, especially since Wolverine and Storm were the same two who were part of the original show's AOA episodes with Bishop and Shard. And Morph has his AOA design already now.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    They’ll probably play with Bone Wolverine for a while. I mean him losing it wouldn’t have made sense if he’s going to get them right back. But then again, I thought the Punk Storm thing would have been longer. Ugh, really hope they would do like standard 12-13 eps. NGL, feels a little rushed because of how much they need to condense in 1
    Season.

I mean, they’re split between past and future. So, someone has to be in present time.
    Honestly, I didn't want them to jump time so soon in the series. I (as others have expressed as well) wish they had spent more time with depowered Storm, wish we had a chance to see more Madelyne (though I'm sure she'll be back at some point), and in the same vein hope we see Wolverine deal with his bone claw/maxed out healing factor situation for a bit. But it looks like they're going full force with this storyline. I'm pumped from the finale, and there's still so much time to digest I won't jump to any conclusions yet.

Spectacular Member

I'm thinking Jubilee, as the last X-Man, may name her new team Generation X. Or maybe the New X-Men. I expect Roberto would want to call them the New Mutants.

So.....the cameos are always nice, but they really fuck up with continuity.

According to Spider-Man TAS, Cap has been locked in statis with Red Skull for decades. And if is 97, then that episode took place a year from now.
    Given the above, that means SM's cliffhanger ending hasn't happened yet. However it seems very likely that they're quite possibly wiping the last season from canon to make it easy for more appearances. Or they're just handwaving it as a "similar but not exact" timeline.

At any rate, this episode rocks. I figured they wouldn't follow Fatal Attractions exactly with how they like to splice storylines together, but I don't recognize any of the upcoming story beats, save for X-Man, and even then I only recognize Nathan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    So.....the cameos are always nice, but they really fuck up with continuity.

According to Spider-Man TAS, Cap has been locked in statis with Red Skull for decades. And if is 97, then that episode took place a year from now.
    Given the above, that means SM's cliffhanger ending hasn't happened yet. However it seems very likely that they're quite possibly wiping the last season from canon to make it easy for more appearances. Or they're just handwaving it as a "similar but not exact" timeline.

At any rate, this episode rocks. I figured they wouldn't follow Fatal Attractions exactly with how they like to splice storylines together, but I don't recognize any of the upcoming story beats, save for X-Man, and even then I only recognize Nathan.
    That's not X-Man/Nate Grey but young Nathan/Cable from The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix.

BANNED

Was the En Sabah Nur name ever used in the original show? If I'm correct, the show came out before any of the Egyptian stuff got added to Apocalypse's backstory, so I'm guessing that's why Xavier, Magneto, and the X-Men have no idea who En Sabah Nur is.

Gotta say, I thought this was kinda garbled and messy. I really wish Beau hadn't hyped these last three up, because they really did not compare to 5. 8 was the strongest of the 3, but still kinda wonky.

There were lots of little cameos and cute stuff, but the story, editing, dialog, character arcs, plot points, Bastion, they all got just thrown in there and just didn't live up to the technical deftness of Remember It. I guess they bit off too much to chew. And kinda choked and threw up a bit.

The Xavier/Magnus stuff was sickeningly bromantic. Like, we get it. Oh, yay, Magneto saved the world from the asteroid he had hanging over it when the USA bombed it out of orbit, so he's a hero again, even though he totally was cool with destroying the entire world's magnetosphere and thus atmosphere like 3 minutes before that! Yay!

Anyways, I am glad they are going to have Scott and Jean raise Nathan in the future. That's cool, they needed that. It was right there, great. Apocalypse being explored in depth, cool. Love it. His voice(s) is not as great as the OG TAS's version, but I will deal. Bishop and Forge doing the X-Men re-assemble thing, great. Love it. This is kinda like the post-Siege Perilous period.

But WTF happened with Storm this season? And where the heck is she now? Such a misfire. She was spectacular in the first two episodes, but other than a promising first date in 8 minutes, they just fumbled her so hard. She did nothing of note after being gone all season. And they don't even show her at the end.

13501625_10102131317779182_5695517024426471571_n.jpg
    Last edited by yogaflame; 05-15-2024 at 01:22 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I agree the last three eps were not super cohesive. They were kind of all over the place. Episode 9 ended with such a dramatic moment and then it was glossed over in Episode 10. In the comics, everyone was freaking out! Definitely miss that kind of interaction. I didn't really need so much X-Men First Class Part II with Charles and Erik.

But I wouldn't say it was a mess. Just wasn't very close to perfect, which is ok.

The Phoenix appearing and just leaving felt so random. It was expected but didnt give quite the pop I thought it would. It just didnt make sense why i didnt just defeat Bastion then and there

Also it didnt make sense to me why Jubilee isnt dead. Rogue and Sunspot's powers protected them in space but Jubilee had no such immunity to the lack of oxygen and freezing to death. Even with the other X-men, it was shown that Jean encased them in a TK bubble

Quote Originally Posted by toddcam View Post
    Also, looks like Polaris is Magneto's daughter in this continuity.
    Where did Polaris even pop up?
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-15-2024 at 01:30 AM.