Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Spider-man '98

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    It's not the hottest show. It's barley registering
    https://fandompulse.com/2024/05/11/x...ming-platform/
    This is the truth and it's better to accept it now
    It's currently trending at #2 on Twitter and has trended at #1 a few times in the past week. Try again.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    It's currently trending at #2 on Twitter and has trended at #1 a few times in the past week. Try again.
    Trending and a Neilson rating for views are 2 very different things

Astonishing Member

Pretty sure that source is a ComicsGater. Of course they'd say that.

All evidence points to '97 being a huge success.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

The true roadblock isn't any of that BS anyway. It is that Marvel Studios is already committed to the Freshman Year series. And they aren't going to have two Spider-Man cartoons set in seperate continuities in production at the same time.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, we can probably assume that the endings of both X-Men 1992 and Spider-Man 1994 happened simultaneously (not a year apart as originally aired). So the first season of a Spider-Man 98 show would take place at the same time as X-Men 97's first season.
    I wonder if they would canonize the shows of Hulk, Iron Man and Fantastic Four that came out in the same era.

One big inconsistency seems to be that Scarlet Witch is portrayed differently in Iron Man TAS and X-Men TAS. I am not too familiar with either versions, but as far as her design is concerned, I wouldn't call a difference in appearance a condradiction, not sure if her history differs significantly between the shows.

Another big incongruence is Captain America being shown to be a member of the Avengers in the FF cartoon, while the Spider-Man show, which came out later, had Cap just arrive in the present day (of the show). This would be easily fixed by placing at least the last 6 episodes of the FF cartoon after the final episode of the Spider-Man one.

But for now at least, Spider-Man and the X-Men shows are in a separate universe from the rest. They have different earth designations.
    Last edited by Ubauba01; 05-15-2024 at 07:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ubauba01 View Post
    But for now at least, Spider-Man and the X-Men shows are in a separate universe from the rest. They have different earth designations.
    If that's true, it would be easier to soft-reboot certain stuff (Kraven, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    The true roadblock isn't any of that BS anyway. It is that Marvel Studios is already committed to the Freshman Year series. And they aren't going to have two Spider-Man cartoons set in seperate continuities in production at the same time.
    There's a rumor that Freshman Year might not continue past Season 1. If that's true, Spider-Man '98 would be greenlit around the same time that show debuts, so it technically wouldn't interfere with any future show.

I don't know if Spider-Man '98 will happen per se, but the rumor that FY/FN might not continue past 2024 sounds realistic IMO.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 05-15-2024 at 09:16 AM.

Astonishing Member

At the end of the Secret Wars story Beyonder said that he'd return everything back to how it was, so Captain America should be back in the vortex with Red Skull. Hydro-Man also appeared in the Fantastic Four cartoon, and Scarlet Spider made a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo, neither of which line up with the Spider-Man cartoon. Then there's the Silver Surfer cartoon, which is completely irreconcilable with the Fantastic Four cartoon. Hulk is also depicted differently between Fantastic Four, Iron Man and his own series.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

https://youtu.be/pu2pTjhtFwo?si=qlaLjb9jyRlh17iq

spoilers:
    Peter, MJ, and Flash Thompson, in their TAS design, made a cameo appearance on today's final episode.

https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...48711456182623

Writer Beau Demayo confirmed that they are indeed TAS version set after the Spider-Wars where Peter found the real MJ.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    At the end of the Secret Wars story Beyonder said that he'd return everything back to how it was, so Captain America should be back in the vortex with Red Skull. Hydro-Man also appeared in the Fantastic Four cartoon, and Scarlet Spider made a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo, neither of which line up with the Spider-Man cartoon. Then there's the Silver Surfer cartoon, which is completely irreconcilable with the Fantastic Four cartoon. Hulk is also depicted differently between Fantastic Four, Iron Man and his own series.
    Spider-Man and X-Men do take place in the same universe. Captain America apparently appeared in X-Men 97, so he must have escaped the time vortex.

The official word was that Hulk, Iron Man and Fantastic Four animated shows are all in the same universe. I forgot how he was depicted in the Iron Man and Fantastic Four shows, but I suppose it probably wasn't that different.

It would be easy to explain away Hydro Man. His presence in the FF cartoon doesn't seem to condradict my theory that the last 6 episodes of FF takes place after Spider-Man, since his only appearance besides a flashback sequence is earlier than that. I am using online sources for this theory though, since I don't recall the details of many of these shows.

Edit:
    https://twitter.com/marvel_shots/sta...75992425676999
    Damn, is this real? Iron Man looks just like he did in his own show, not even like his Spider-Man TAS design. This does seem to indicate that they are trying to canonize the other shows besides Spider-Man's.
    Last edited by Ubauba01; 05-15-2024 at 08:53 AM.

Spider-Man and X-Men do take place in the same universe. Captain America apparently appeared in X-Men 97, so he must have escaped the time vortex.
    He appeared along with Iron Man, the Wakandans (looking to my mind very MCU inspired), Daredevil, and er... Cloak and Dagger. (Not that I don't like seeing Cloak and Dagger but I think you'd have to be quite a big comic fan to recognise them.)
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

I don't think anyone has ever claimed the Silver Surfer cartoon was canon with the others. As for Hulk being different... well... that's the Hulk for ya'.

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    https://youtu.be/pu2pTjhtFwo?si=qlaLjb9jyRlh17iq

spoilers:
    Peter, MJ, and Flash Thompson, in their TAS design, made a cameo appearance on today's final episode.

https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...48711456182623

Writer Beau Demayo confirmed that they are indeed TAS version set after the Spider-Wars where Peter found the real MJ.
    end of spoilers
    Was a long wait. Welcome back, spoilers:
    Mary Jane
    end of spoilers.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

What point are you trying to make?

Astonishing Member

Has it been officially confirmed that they take place in the same universe, or is that a fan assumption? They clearly wanted them to line-up when they did the crossover two-parter in Spider-Man, but was it ever given any thought beyond those two episodes?

The official word was that Hulk, Iron Man and Fantastic Four animated shows are all in the same universe.
    That's interesting. Where was that stated?

It’s corny but seeing them back together made me smile.

This was my first Spider-Man and MJ and I’ve always had a soft spot for them. Would be over the moon if we got a new show revival with Barnes returning.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/