Page 148 of 177 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2646

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    What was the other mistake?
    making the Wakandans a-holes.

Telling the world you have the cure for cancer but are withholding it because the outside world "doesn't deserve it yet" doesn't make you cool or superior. it just makes you a jerk. a nation of jerks.

marrying storm.
    claiming Wakanda was not only unconquered but unconquerable.
    making the wakandans superior but not gracious.

the knives came out before the ink was dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Ah yes. I'd forgotten those bits. Comic-book writers and fans do rather like to smash pedestals.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    spoilers:
    Ok so does X-Men 97 take place before the Fantastic Four cartoon? Because Black Panther appears for a couple of scenes in the season finale but it’s T’Chaka and not T’challa.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    making the Wakandans a-holes.

Telling the world you have the cure for cancer but are withholding it because the outside world "doesn't deserve it yet" doesn't make you cool or superior. it just makes you a jerk. a nation of jerks.

marrying storm.
    claiming Wakanda was not only unconquered but unconquerable.
    making the wakandans superior but not gracious.

Nothing wrong with Wakanda not being colonized

Yeah I always believed that it was an unspoken fact that Wakanda had never been conquered but ever since WitBP and the comics made it a point that they have and can never be conquered was a mistake because it was an open invitation to any writer and now look at where we are. Every arc either they’re getting invaded or civil war

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Ryan Coogler BP is a 2 billion dollar franchise. lol ain’t nobody topping that

Possibly...

Coogler is without a doubt due all respect for having made the Black Panther a watershed event. Circumstances notwithstanding, the same could not be said for BPWF.

Black Panther is a two billion dollar franchise because of interest in and desire for T'Challa the Black Panther. We witnessed what happens when you remove him from the field of play. If the Russo Brothers directed BP1 with attention to futurism and respect to the culture, they may have achieved similar results. It is possible the same could be said about Reginald Hudlin.

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    lol WTF you talking about this a whole new story. Nothing has happened yet. You barking but marvel keep them together. It’s just the way it is. Also that’s good tchalla ain’t sleeping with everyone. More power to him. Makes the character even better. Storm on the other hand that’s the one thing I hate.
    Why are you pretending the last several years hasn't happened with Storm isht talking T'Challa constantly? Marvel ISN'T keeping them together thats the problem. They are teasing some stupid "one true love" BS but aren't actually committed to it, it's all words to them.

Also it's very much a problem that T'Challa isn't allowed to move on. He needs a LI from his mythos that is OWNED by the BP franchise so they have final say. Him being stuck on Storm Doesn't make him even better as a character, it makes him worse because after all the BS that's happened he still pining and it's just sad at this point

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Disappointed but not surprised. Been saying this for a while now. Slowly but surely they’re slowly phasing him out. I was already 80/20 on the BP game not starring T’Challa but now I’m certain it won’t Shuri is more likely. And there’s no doubt in my mind that Ridley’s dumpster fire was supposed to end with him dying before getting changed last minute
    And this is the reason I fundamentally will not buy or support anything Black Panther related that isn't about T'Challa. Idc at this point. The EA game, Marvel 1943, Eyes of Wakanda, none of that is getting a dollar or view from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Yeah I always believed that it was an unspoken fact that Wakanda had never been conquered but ever since WitBP and the comics made it a point that they have and can never be conquered was a mistake because it was an open invitation to any writer and now look at where we are. Every arc either they’re getting invaded or civil war
    There's a difference between what everyone up to Priest (and the movies) said, which was "Wakanda had never been colonized because nobody knew about them" and Hudlin's "Wakanda has never been colonized because they are just that badass."

The latter invites contradiction. It happens a lot. I remember back in the Marvel Knights days, Paul Jenkins wrote an Inhumans mini where (among other things) he stated that Black Bolt had never been defeated in battle (probably because he was never used that much. )

Guess how long THAT lasted?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That EA game is 100% not tchalla.

This shit is wild.

This is y'all wakandan loving fans fault. Hope you enjoy tchalla erasure forever!
    Is this confirmed?

Well T’Challa is trending as a result of the X-Men 97 finale. And surprise surprise, 90% of people are pissed that T’Chaka was featured instead of T’Challa.

IMG_9235.jpgIMG_9236.jpgIMG_9237.jpg

Something has got to give because more people are gonna be pissed at them for this the further removed we get from Chadwick’s death.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I think it's less about the unconquered part (because Hudlin didn't make that, Lee and Kirby did) but the unconquerable part, because then every writer, when trying to prove how "dangerous the threat is" would then use Wakanda because it's unconquerable so they get jobbed.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ture View Post
    Possibly...

Coogler is without a doubt due all respect for having made the Black Panther a watershed event. Circumstances notwithstanding, the same could not be said for BPWF.

Black Panther is a two billion dollar franchise because of interest in and desire for T'Challa the Black Panther. We witnessed what happens when you remove him from the field of play. If the Russo Brothers directed BP1 with attention to futurism and respect to the culture, they may have achieved similar results. It is possible the same could be said about Reginald Hudlin.
    My hot take is that a lot of other directors could have achieved similar results. There was a lof cultural momentum and MCU franchise momentum going into that first Black Panther movie and I don't think Coogler and his direction was the necessary secret sauce to make the movie a commercial success. But I know that's a hot take among some.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well T’Challa is trending as a result of the X-Men 97 finale. And surprise surprise, 90% of people are pissed that T’Chaka was featured instead of T’Challa.

IMG_9235.jpgIMG_9236.jpgIMG_9237.jpg

Something has got to give because more people are gonna be pissed at them for this the further removed we get from Chadwick’s death.
    These mutha f***ers were the ones talking all that isht to the recast crowd, and now they are surprised when what we said would happen happened? Huh, who would've thought that...

That’s not what I said. Uncolonized is fantastic. Unconquerable is a challenge. And it was accepted. And Wakanda has been getting its ass kicked ever since. From inside and out.
    Last edited by Redjack; 05-15-2024 at 09:05 AM.