Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    There's no doubt in my mind that Taylor Swift is playing her now.
    The world tour angle points to it definitely being Taylor inspired regardless. The only question is if Feige has started tipping off Comics Editorial. Earlier they used to be clueless as fuck when it came to his movie plans thanks to the fued with Perlmutter but ever since he's in charge, he apparently requested to make Kamala Khan a mutant (which comics went about executing in the dumbest way possible, making me think he will slow down on the corporate synergy requests)

Honestly though, they should have announced this as soon as the rumors around Deadpool 3 started. There are already so many Swifties asking which Dazzler comics to read. Months of $$$ were lost, especially on the off-chance that she's not playing Ali in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    To those that prefer the long haired version... What looks/eras do you enjoy?
    I can understand the appeal of the classic, but her recent long haired designs (Land, Dodson) have been so generic...
    Honestly, I think the majority of Dazzler's costumes are kinda mid with few standouts so I don't hold much value over them. But the utopia suit, X-treme soldier suit with the silver boots, SHIELD agent uniform, and classic disco are probably my favorites looks with long hair. Age of X and Outback are the only periods where I've actually liked her short hair. Those pink and black hair looks are best forgotten. *shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Honestly, I think the majority of Dazzler's costumes are kinda mid with few standouts so I don't hold much value over them. But the utopia suit, X-treme soldier suit with the silver boots, SHIELD agent uniform, and classic disco are probably my favorites looks with long hair. Age of X and Outback are the only periods where I've actually liked her short hair. Those pink and black hair looks are best forgotten. *shudder*
    On this I can definitely agree. I absolutely hated her dark hair era under Bendis and her A-force hair seemed more appropriate for Boom Boom.

The black hair though funnily ties into Taylor Swift's concepts of different "eras" based on her albums (Reputation era in particular for Bendis)

Alison will probably be wearing ALL of her previous costumes on tour if they are pulling from T-Swift's own concert

Maybe they'll riff off Beyonce and the Renaissance World Tour. Them just having it be a Taylor would be so boring lol.

I liked the X-Terminators riff on her classic look.

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

Hoping it’s Dazzler announced today (though Storm creative team seems to have been confirmed already)… Who do we hope/think the creative team will be?

I’d personally love for it to be Rainbow Rowell, given She-Hulk looks like it might wrap up with #10 in July.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Thanks to the sliding timeline, so is Alison a retro-disco/new wave singer now?

How far back are the events of her "Dazzler the movie" graphic novel, where she was outed as a mutant, and experienced deep backlash?
    I would say she might be a youtube star... but that is dated already, maybe a tic tok star retro disco singer that made it big?

if anyone needs me I am going to alternate between yelling at clouds and telling kids to stay off my lawn...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

Quote Originally Posted by AlligatorSky View Post
    Hoping it’s Dazzler announced today (though Storm creative team seems to have been confirmed already)… Who do we hope/think the creative team will be?

I’d personally love for it to be Rainbow Rowell, given She-Hulk looks like it might wrap up with #10 in July.
    Rainbow Rowell would be so good and fitting for Dazzler

Rainbow is also my top pick. She's the first writer I thought of when I saw the news.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hope not. I like that she actually came from a normal family
    And eventually had a very abnormal family with Longshot and Shatterstar.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Yeah it did just over 40 issues. Was it the first X-character solo? I think Wolverine debuted just after Dazzler.
    She wasn't really an X-character back then -- despite debuting in X-Men. She was created to be a solo characters and editorial figures X-Men was the place to launch her.

BANNED

I'm hoping Dazzler's sister comes back in the picture.

On the X-Men in the MCU thread, I had posted how a lot of Swifties pointed out that the last word on the standard edition of The Tortured Poet's Society was "dazzling", but the same song has a reference to the Beauty and the Beast mini too?? The thought of Taylor unearthing that title for research is XD XD

Here's someone who has pointed out all the teases so far: https://twitter.com/perfectlyfine89/...erfectlyfine89

Extraordinary Member

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/05/15/ma...er-x-men-2024/

"Written by Jason Loo with art by Rafael Loureiro, Dazzler will launch on September 18th."

I am familiar with Loo's indie work (but not the artist), and it is nice to see him get another shot at a Marvel comic.

"Her tour may be for everyone, but backstage, Alison is joined by a crew of fellow mutants—head of security Domino, personal guard Strong Guy, one-man roadie Multiple Man, drummer Shark-Girl, and expert publicist Wind Dancer! Anti-mutant fervor has never felt more personal, but anyone who tries to dim Dazzler’s light will just have to face the music!"

Some interesting supporting cast choices.

The release also has a comment that will definitely keep the Taylor Swift theories going.

Last edited by cranger; 05-15-2024 at 10:24 AM.