View Poll Results: How would you rate X-Men '97 Season 1?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★ - Perfection!

39 31.71%
  • ★★★★ - Great!

53 43.09%
  • ★★★ - Good!

21 17.07%
  • ★★ - Meh!

8 6.50%
  • ★ - Awful!

2 1.63%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

should be 12 episode seasons IMO

9/10 Pretty great!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

It was ok. So far Ep3 was the worst episode
    X-Men Forever

4/5. A lots of great moments but the life death stuff were boring imo

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

10/10, I honestly couldn't ask for anything more.

Mighty Member

The anti-blackness stuff is pretty jarring. Berto's black dad being absent, Berto's blackness ignored or removed, bishop sidelined until the last episode, storm being invisible and not given a moment for her powers to shine. It's obvious at this point.

A definite 10 out of 10.

In just ten episodes, this show has done more for the X-Men than the last 20+ years when they were in the clutches of Fox.

- Razor sharp writing with timely themes as an X-Men project should.
    - Fast paced but streamlined and hitting the major beats where the story is effective and there's no filler.
    - Top notch voice acting

And the cherry on top?

- Wolverine given to us IN DOSES.

The season finale left me wanting more. Rock on.

It was ok 7/10

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

10/10 for me and the best x-men adaptation ever imo.

8.5/10. I loved this return. Some things were too quickly resolved, but with only 10 episodes, I understand. Season 2 can't come any sooner, I'm so excited for next season. D:

I would give 5/10. The only two episodes that i thought was really good was 5 and 8.
    To name a few direction choices that i didnīt like at all:
    1- Too much cyclops and jean drama which i personally donīt care at all.
    2- Magneto who isnīt even an original x-men had so much more screen time them almost everyone.
    3- The lack of Wolverine, of course.
    4- The pace was so messy and fast that they lost a lot of oportunities, for exemple they could make a decent adaptation of Life and Death instead of what they did.
    5- Although i liked ep 5 i didnīt like that they killed Gambit so soon and i am not even a gambit fan.

I would take X-Men TAS over this by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Logan View Post
    I would give 5/10. The only two episodes that i thought was really good was 5 and 8.
    To name a few direction choices that i didnīt like at all:
    1- Too much cyclops and jean drama which i personally donīt care at all.
    2- Magneto who isnīt even an original x-men had so much more screen time them almost everyone.
    3- The lack of Wolverine, of course.
    4- The pace was so messy and fast that they lost a lot of oportunities, for exemple they could make a decent adaptation of Life and Death instead of what they did.
    5- Although i liked ep 5 i didnīt like that they killed Gambit so soon and i am not even a gambit fan.

I would take X-Men TAS over this by a mile.
    Agreed.

It's just too compressed. It feels like half the story is missing, along with over half the characters. The handful of cameos just remind me of how many characters are MISSING.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    The anti-blackness stuff is pretty jarring. Berto's black dad being absent, Berto's blackness ignored or removed, bishop sidelined until the last episode, storm being invisible and not given a moment for her powers to shine. It's obvious at this point.
    I don't understand this. In episode 1, she wiped out a ton of Sentinels that the entire rest of the team struggled to deal with. In episode 2, she commanded the UN and took control when the FOH started attacking. Life/Death had two half-episodes dedicated to it, with the latter taking time to show her showing off her powers. She didn't do much in the finale, but she did show off that powerful tornado and saved Forge's plane from crashing.

She was missing from some episodes, and she wasn't as big a player as some of the other characters. But she got quite a bit of focus and when she showed up, it was usually a big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

7/10

The love triangles damaged the season a lot. Also, there's a lot of bad writing and convenient things happening to make the plot work.

Magneto escaping so easily: Makes Bastion look ridiculously incompetent.

Jean getting the Phoenix for 5 seconds to stop all the sentinels and conveniently losing the power so she's not too powerful for the plot.

Last episode ended with Magneto winning and this one starts with Magneto having already lost.

The blatant Magneto fanboyism from DeMayo was not good either, this season felt like Magneto & the X-Men.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

I voted Great! Episodes 1, 5 and 10 are perfect in my book and the animation budget went above and beyond in showcasing character's abilities (Nightcrawlers constant teleporting, how Scott skated around using his beams, Storm's sequence in episode one, Madelyn's scene with the stained glass window, etc) but some episodes were weaker than others so I couldn't give the entire season a perfect score. This shows does its homework of the comics and the social topics its tackles, its clear the creatives behind this season were swinging for the stars and getting just to the moon instead is something to be proud of I think.