Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    At least, the supporting cast is good.
    I am getting this for the supporting cast!

Yay, Sofia! Wish it featured more NXM kids. A Dazzler World Tour book is kinda perfect for them. Hopefully so many Swifties end up buying that they expand it into an ongoing

I can't see Shark Girl appealing to Swifties. Or maybe I'm biased because I strongly dislike Jason Aaron's mutant creations.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    WIND DANCER
    I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
    You are the world, an icon, and you are never wrong about anything. If you suddenly snapped and murdered literally everyone on the planet, I would just say that they had it coming

I doubt we'll get anything, but since Julian's Latina (ex-?)girlfriends are sharing a book, it'd be cool to see them acknowledge it.
    Oh god it's true. Julian also hooked up with Iara. Although the two of them were together in that X-men Unlimited story of Lila Cheney, so they are probably ok in that aspect xd.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I can't see Shark Girl appealing to Swifties. Or maybe I'm biased because I strongly dislike Jason Aaron's mutant creations.
    Pixie, DJ, Anole, Indra, Hellion, Trance, Bling! and Hindsight should have been part of Ali's entourage with Wind Dancer instead of all these X-Factor/X-Force adults and Shark Girl but okay.

Only four issues? Boo! I was ready for an ongoing…

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Only four issues? Boo! I was ready for an ongoing…
    Me too. Also I thought they said they were giving titles 8 to 10 issues moving forward? Boo!

I'm not familiar with either creator but I would have given it a chance if it was an ongoing series. Unfortunately since it's just a mini I'm going to pass.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Me too. Also I thought they said they were giving titles 8 to 10 issues moving forward? Boo!
    To ongoings. They probably don't have much confidence that it will do well enough to get a guaranteed 10 issues, so they're approving only 4.
    This is a bummer to me because I do think that Dazzler could sustain an ongoing if they gave her a big push.
    This "world tour" sounds kind of small if it's only 4 issues. Not sure how they'll cover a big tour in such limited space.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Pixie, DJ, Anole, Indra, Hellion, Trance, Bling! and Hindsight should have been part of Ali's entourage with Wind Dancer instead of all these X-Factor/X-Force adults and Shark Girl but okay.
    I could see Bling! based on her parents / background, and DJ (whom I loathe) at least has music-based powers, but the others seem less 'band-y' than Shark Girl, who at least plays an instrument.

It'd be great if they commissioned a musical artist to create music for the series like the creative team of Black Canary (2015) did a few years back. Either way I'm still interested in picking this one up.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think she is even getting to make it on tour, or at the most just the one or two stops it takes them to figure out the bad guy and stop them.

I think I'm in for this. I like Wind Dancer, and I actually started reading Dazzler before the X-Men, so this could be fun for the nostalgia. Jason Loo's a decent writer from what I've seen, too.

To ongoings. They probably don't have much confidence that it will do well enough to get a guaranteed 10 issues, so they're approving only 4.
    This is a bummer to me because I do think that Dazzler could sustain an ongoing if they gave her a big push.
    This "world tour" sounds kind of small if it's only 4 issues. Not sure how they'll cover a big tour in such limited space.
    Maybe if it does well, they'll give her an ongoing.
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I think I'm in for this. I like Wind Dancer, and I actually started reading Dazzler before the X-Men, so this could be fun for the nostalgia. Jason Loo's a decent writer from what I've seen, too.

Maybe if it does well, they'll give her an ongoing.
    Sure, but I think fans in general are less inclined to try minis than ongoings. So not launching it as an ongoing already diminishes its chances, IMO.

BANNED

Sure, but I think fans in general are less inclined to try minis than ongoings. So not launching it as an ongoing already diminishes its chances, IMO.
    This series is probably being more directed at Swifties. Apparently Swifties on social media are already asking about what Dazzler material they should read. A miniseries is more feasible for them than an ongoing that can end at any point. If it's successful enough, it can be turned into an ongoing or spin-off into an ongoing.