Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Betsy has displayed psionic constructs in the past like blades, bow and arrows, medieval gears and even a turret. Will you be borrowing a page of your green lantern books in terms of power manifestation for Betsy Braddock?

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Betsy has displayed psionic constructs in the past like blades, bow and arrows, medieval gears and even a turret. Will you be borrowing a page of your green lantern books in terms of power manifestation for Betsy Braddock?
    Nope. Betsy does do some constructs but nothing like what Green Lanterns do. Her powers don't work that way.

Also, I try to treat each title as its own thing in terms of style, tone and approach. This book will in no way be influenced by or resemble GL.

Would it be a spoiler if I asked how tall Forge is? I'd say about 6'2" or 6'3".

Just asking for a concerned friend(s).

Feel free to ignore if this is too much of a spoiler, but are you going to do anything with Forge's shamanic abilities?

(I'm just curious... there aren't that many First Nation magic-users around these days, except for him and the Twoyoungmen family)

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    One of the Acolytes(Projector) is even a guy whose whole gimmick is energy constructs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Would it be a spoiler if I asked how tall Forge is? I'd say about 6'2" or 6'3".

Just asking for a concerned friend(s).
    He is 6' tall, it's canon.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Possibly random question....but its interesting that you've written Green Lantern given I've always thought of Forge's powerset as having a lot in common w/Green Lanterns. In the sense that anything they can conceive of, they can make; one of their only real limitations being imagination. Since one of my favorite things about the Green Lanterns is how differently each of the major GLs approach this, and how their mindsets and personalities influence what kinds of constructs they make and how else they use their rings.....is there any GL that stands out in your mind as having the most similar mindset/approach to using their powers as you picture Forge having when building from his imagination? (Sorry if I didn't articulate that well, but hopefully it made sense lol.)
    I'm not Redjack, but considering that John is an arquitech, Guy a teacher, Kyle an artist and Hal a pilot, I am going to go with John. John's constructs have always been more sophisticated and had more "moving parts" than the others, and it makes sense considering his background.

nothing even remotely Green Lantern-related is going to occur in this book. Not even a little bit.

I have written, now, a stack of books for both Big 2 companies and no two are the same.

That's on purpose.

If the book I'm writing doesn't have Green Lantern in the title, Green Lantern will not be relevant to that book. Full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    He is 6' tall, it's canon.
    He looks taller than 6ft. Was this from the OHOTMU?

Edit: Nvmd, found it.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

What sort of Villains are we going to see? Will the villains have more interactions and connections to specific members of the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    What sort of Villains are we going to see? Will the villains have more interactions and connections to specific members of the team?
    Hm.

Over the course of the arc you will see a wide array of threats. Some will be straight-up villains. Some will be more in the nature of natural disasters in that there is no villainous intent but the effects of behavior lead to cataclysmic outcomes.

This arc is TEAM specific but there are rumblings in each of their pasts that could erupt at any time.
    Last edited by Redjack; 05-15-2024 at 12:54 PM.

I don't know a better way to ask and if this is something you don't want to answer then no problem.

Out of everyone on the team, who will have the most difficulty dealing with the new status quo?

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    nothing even remotely Green Lantern-related is going to occur in this book. Not even a little bit.

I have written, now, a stack of books for both Big 2 companies and no two are the same.

That's on purpose.

If the book I'm writing doesn't have Green Lantern in the title, Green Lantern will not be relevant to that book. Full stop.
    I don't think anybody was suggesting that, just that given John and Forge's backgrounds they are the two that would probably approach their powers from the most similar place.
    In any case, will X-Force be operating more in the open, or will they remain a more "secretive" team? Or will it be a combo of the two? (If it's not too spoilery).

Wait and see.
    LOL perfect!

Lol, good one.
    Toldja lol

Does Forge still have his aerie?
    he does.

people always seem to forget Forge is crazy rich, shoving him into "gadget maker to solve problems" box.

that's over.

Forge owns a lot of properties.
    I forgot all about Eagle Plaza. That used to be his home and where he built everything..

short answer: no, not really.

I think Forge would have a ball with a GL ring though.
    Even more of a ball than Kyle did. He would make mecha suits and such.. a lot more creative than Hal’s boxing glove.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    I don't think anybody was suggesting that, just that given John and Forge's backgrounds they are the two that would probably approach their powers from the most similar place.
    In any case, will X-Force be operating more in the open, or will they remain a more "secretive" team? Or will it be a combo of the two? (If it's not too spoilery).
    X Force is doing its own thing, unknown to and without the sanction of any other group. The other X teams have no knowledge of their activities.