Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Spider-man '98

If they want all of these shows to be in the same continuity, then that's what gonna happen.
    I really doubt they care about any of contradictions.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Word of God:

The original showrunners had planned to reveal that MJ had fallen into a time portal and gotten stuck in Victorian England, with Peter and Madame Web having to rescue her from Jack the Ripper, who would be none other than Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubauba01 View Post
    I wonder if they would canonize the shows of Hulk, Iron Man and Fantastic Four that came out in the same era.

One big inconsistency seems to be that Scarlet Witch is portrayed differently in Iron Man TAS and X-Men TAS. I am not too familiar with either versions, but as far as her design is concerned, I wouldn't call a difference in appearance a condradiction, not sure if her history differs significantly between the shows.

Another big incongruence is Captain America being shown to be a member of the Avengers in the FF cartoon, while the Spider-Man show, which came out later, had Cap just arrive in the present day (of the show). This would be easily fixed by placing at least the last 6 episodes of the FF cartoon after the final episode of the Spider-Man one.

But for now at least, Spider-Man and the X-Men shows are in a separate universe from the rest. They have different earth designations.
    It's mostly just appearance. Neither goes into much backstory on Wanda.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The original showrunners had planned to reveal that MJ had fallen into a time portal and gotten stuck in Victorian England, with Peter and Madame Web having to rescue her from Jack the Ripper, who would be none other than Carnage.
    He did not come up with that idea sober

Incredible Member

Chiming in. Have just seen the episode today. (The whole series-- and especially that season finale-- were INCREDIBLE!)

My take: If the Peter/MJ reveal makes people happy, and it closes up that dangling plot, all the power to them!

Conversely: If Marvel Animation do for Spider-Man what they've just excellently done for X-Men, and they pick up and wrap that dangling plot another way, that's also cool.

Basically... Whatever gives fans closure on this is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Chiming in. Have just seen the episode today. (The whole series-- and especially that season finale-- were INCREDIBLE!)

My take: If the Peter/MJ reveal makes people happy, and it closes up that dangling plot, all the power to them!

Conversely: If Marvel Animation do for Spider-Man what they've just excellently done for X-Men, and they pick up and wrap that dangling plot another way, that's also cool.

Basically... Whatever gives fans closure on this is awesome.
    I saw more excitement for the Spider-Man cameo a few episodes ago, and Peter and MJ (and to a much lesser extent Flash)'s cameo in the season finale than any other cameo, and even some of the major plot points of X-Men 97 itself. I know there's an unrelated Spidey series set to debut (potentially relatively) soon, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if the folks at Marvel Studios gave some actual consideration to an official "Spider-Man 98" after all of this. (Of course such a project would take a long time to actually come to fruition.)

I would hope an official follow-up does actually show Peter reuniting with MJ if only because him explaining that he's Spider-Man and they are technically married is potential comedy gold.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 05-15-2024 at 05:20 PM.

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I saw more excitement for the Spider-Man cameo a few episodes, and Peter and MJ (and to a much lesser extent Flash)'s cameo in the season finale than any other cameo, and even some of the major plot points of X-Men 97 itself. I know there's an unrelated Spidey series set to debut (potentially relatively) soon, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if the folks at Marvel Studios gave some actual consideration to an official "Spider-Man 98" after all of this. (Of course such a project would take a long time to actually come to fruition.)

I would hope an official follow-up does actually show Peter reuniting with MJ if only because him explaining that he's Spider-Man and they are technically married is potential comedy gold.
    Agreed on all counts.

Aside from the excitement around the idea of a potential Spider-Man '98, I'm also just really, really tired of seeing Peter in high school. Again.

Mighty Member

This cameo had me absolutely thrilled. Really hoping they pick up on this with a new series.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    This cameo had me absolutely thrilled. Really hoping they pick up on this with a new series.
    Yeah, it would be pretty cool.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...84931435454857

Someone asked DeMayo what his favorite cameo was in X-Men 97.

His response? "MJ"

His response? "MJ"
    I figure out why Marvel fire him
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

His response? "MJ"
    He loves MJ but hates Emma Frost?? That's a rare combination of like/dislike

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    He loves MJ but hates Emma Frost?? That's a rare combination of like/dislike
    https://x.com/beaudemayo/status/1790...w38UJuhXf5zpyg

He said he doesn’t hate Emma. (Where did this idea come from? Emma got some great lines this season.)

Quote Originally Posted by the human tortilla View Post
    He did not come up with that idea sober
    It's a longstanding Marvel tradition to substitute characters as real life or fictional figures from Victorian England. Mystique is Marvel Sherlock Holmes, with Destiny as Irene Adler from the Sherlock stories. Jack the Ripper in the comics is the result of alternate dimension parasitic demons possessing an Englishman who has fought the X-Men and Doctor Strange at various points in time. Mr. Sinister is a Charles Darwin contemporary.

The presence of so many X-characters in 19th Century London makes it possible to include the Peter/MJ reunion on an episode of X-Men 97 as well (as I doubt they will have two Spidey animated shows at the same time, and Freshman Year is still taking forever to premiere)

https://x.com/beaudemayo/status/1790...w38UJuhXf5zpyg

He said he doesn’t hate Emma. (Where did this idea come from? Emma got some great lines this season.)
    Let's just say he had different opinions on Twitter in 2022, including on Emma, the Krakoa Era and Jonathan Hickman, which led to huge fights with fans and eventually him deleting his account for a while